you&meWE

K-1 INITIAL Beginning Stages

20 posts in this topic

You don't need tax returns nor co-sponsor info for the USCIS I-129F petition filing. All that will come later in the process.

Just follow the instructions for the I-129F, And utilize the examples here on VJ. You will be fine.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Good picture of the whole porcess http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Guides http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Tips http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

Some graphs showing averages of processing http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1historical

You can get held up at any step of the way. Theses are averages of VJ people.

UK forum http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

You can click on timelines of people still not there yet (with the visa) and get a sense of how long they've been at it.

Sample forms filled out http://www.visajourney.com/content/examples

Read, read, read and don't make any plans for a wedding until you have a visa. The (one)tax return is taken to the interview which could be 8 months from now.

:thumbs:

Read the example forms and step-by-step provided here on VJ. I cannot stress how helpful that is. Also print off and read the USCIS instructions for filling out each form...all the information is there.

Follow these and if you cannot find an answer for a question, post it here and people will be able to help.

The I-134 (your fiance will bring this to his interview) does not require tax information unless you are self employed (or your co-sponsor is). However, I had read conflicting reports about people being asked for it at the London interviews. I took my husbands (then fiance) latest tax return but it was not required as I has brought the evidence asked for in the instructions.

Good luck with everything and congratulations on becoming engaged!

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Recently engaged, but together for 3 1/2 years, Scott and I have decided to go ahead and file for the K-1 Visa and I am anxious to get the process going....

I've spent the majority of my afternoon printing off several copies of documents and paperwork we need to fill out.

Currently I'm in Atlanta and he's in London and was hoping/wondering if there would be ANYONE at all who would be willing to help me walk through the process of the paperwork/filing/fees step by step??

I've read the guides over and over but I think I am having a hard time grasping where to begin and how.... :help:

We are also going to be going with a co-sponser (my mother) and am wanting to know where we begin with that as well?

How long between sending off the first packet of paperwork/fees to him being able to fly here and us get married does it take? I noticed for some people it has taken what seems like no time at all and others it's been months and months of waiting.

Any help is so tremendously appreciated!!!!

Thank you so much! :blush:

Just follow the guides on here and you will be ok I am in Augusta so if you want to PM me and we can chat and exchange phone numbers if you like. It really is not that hard but first read a lot and then print out 129f and 325 forms and then you can gather the rest of the docs you need to send in. Call if you need anything k

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

Read the example forms and step-by-step provided here on VJ. I cannot stress how helpful that is. Also print off and read the USCIS instructions for filling out each form...all the information is there.

Follow these and if you cannot find an answer for a question, post it here and people will be able to help.

The I-134 (your fiance will bring this to his interview) does not require tax information unless you are self employed (or your co-sponsor is). However, I had read conflicting reports about people being asked for it at the London interviews. I took my husbands (then fiance) latest tax return but it was not required as I has brought the evidence asked for in the instructions.

Good luck with everything and congratulations on becoming engaged!

Just follow the guides on here and you will be ok I am in Augusta so if you want to PM me and we can chat and exchange phone numbers if you like. It really is not that hard but first read a lot and then print out 129f and 325 forms and then you can gather the rest of the docs you need to send in. Call if you need anything k

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in Atlanta (East Cobb) and have filled out all the papers myself. The K-1 visa application has been approved and my fiancee has scheduled her appointment at the embassy in Manila for July 8th. All that's left is the medical and embassy interview. Email me at nrgolfers@gmail.com with your contact information and I will be happy to answer all your questions about the process and the forms.

one lucky guy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.