B_J

Sputum Test

76 posts in this topic

St. Luke's will reschedule the interview after the culture test is done.

I think St. Lukes recently changed their policy and now requires the petitioner and the beneficiary to reschedule the interview. I hope someone will chime in about this.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi VJ peeps, had my medical the other day and guess what?!?! I'm joining the sputum club whistling.gif It really broke my heart coz I just had my medical at work and everything is normal. It really sucks coz after all the pressure and stress of getting things done soon here comes 2 months of waiting. We were actually rushing things so I can be at my fiance's reunion this 14 August, but like they say you cannot fast forward your life. Now, we're trying to move on and try to look at things the positive way like me having the time to go beach-bumming again. Glad my boss accepted my extension of resignation or else geez I will be jobless. I'll be having my 3 days sputum on 2,3 and 4 hoping and praying that my smear will be negative. Not sure how will the process be like after 3 days if this will be negative will I still have to undergo the culture test? How long is the test going to be each day? Not sure if I need to call of work or can still catch up at 9 am, this is really too much of a hassle but what are we to do innocent.gif

hi VJ peeps, had my medical the other day and guess what?!?! I'm joining the sputum club whistling.gif It really broke my heart coz I just had my medical at work and everything is normal. It really sucks coz after all the pressure and stress of getting things done soon here comes 2 months of waiting. We were actually rushing things so I can be at my fiance's reunion this 14 August, but like they say you cannot fast forward your life. Now, we're trying to move on and try to look at things the positive way like me having the time to go beach-bumming again. Glad my boss accepted my extension of resignation or else geez I will be jobless. I'll be having my 3 days sputum on 2,3 and 4 hoping and praying that my smear will be negative. Not sure how will the process be like after 3 days if this will be negative will I still have to undergo the culture test? How long is the test going to be each day? Not sure if I need to call of work or can still catch up at 9 am, this is really too much of a hassle but what are we to do innocent.gif

I'm sorry to hear that your visa is delayed by St. Lukes and that you are going to miss your fiancé's reunion. The waiting is not fun. However, I hope you enjoy your remaining time in 'Pinas with family and friends...and don't forget to enjoy all of your favorite foods while you are still there! :)

It doesn't matter whether your smear tests turn out negative or positive. St. Lukes will still make you wait for the results of your eight-week culture because that's the most accurate test. It's possible to have a positive smear test and a negative culture.

I hope the time passes quickly for you and your sweetheart. Hang in there...it's worth the wait! :yes:

Timeline

I'm sorry to hear that your visa is delayed by St. Lukes and that you are going to miss your fiancé's reunion. The waiting is not fun. However, I hope you enjoy your remaining time in 'Pinas with family and friends...and don't forget to enjoy all of your favorite foods while you are still there! :)

It doesn't matter whether your smear tests turn out negative or positive. St. Lukes will still make you wait for the results of your eight-week culture because that's the most accurate test. It's possible to have a positive smear test and a negative culture.

I hope the time passes quickly for you and your sweetheart. Hang in there...it's worth the wait! :yes:

Thanks Tahoma for the very warm and encouraging words....I guess that's the best thing to do and move on. I'm a bit nervous on my sputum on tues-thurs do you know how long is process gonna take? I have colds these past few days coz of the bad weather, I hope it will go away soon tongue_ss.gif

if you get positive smear test ,medication kaagad sis..for 6 months...

oh I see I'm sure separate payment un treatment....

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

today is my last day of sputum test, i will be backm on aug 1 for the result..the depressing part is when it turned out positive, you will undergo a 6 months medication but you will you personally to St/ Lukes to drink your meds, thats what i heard from the lady while waiting for our turn..i donbt know if its true...i hope its not..

Timeline

Yes it's true. I know someone who didn't show any signs or symptoms of having Tb but on her 3rd day of sputum test, she turned out to be positive and is now undergoing her 6 months treatment (should be at St Luke's) together with her son (who is getting medicated just because his mom is being treated). I know it's a bummer she had to go there everyday every morning to take her meds. I hope she's fine now. To make the matter worse, she lives in Mindanao. Just be positive, we will all be with our loved ones one way or another. :)

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Timeline

Yes it's true. I know someone who didn't show any signs or symptoms of having Tb but on her 3rd day of sputum test, she turned out to be positive and is now undergoing her 6 months treatment (should be at St Luke's) together with her son (who is getting medicated just because his mom is being treated). I know it's a bummer she had to go there everyday every morning to take her meds. I hope she's fine now. To make the matter worse, she lives in Mindanao. Just be positive, we will all be with our loved ones one way or another. :)

Oh My! im afraid!dont they think its a waste of money on our part?why dont they take the meds with us so that we can take it in our own home..waiting is just fine but goint there everyday sucks..im praying that my test will turn our negative

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

St. Luke's will reschedule the interview after the culture test is done.

I found out today that September appointments are available, but i am still being told that we have to wait until St Luke clears her. I have tried unsuccessfully to schedule the appointment online but it does not like anything i enter for teh receipt number, I've tried the passport number as well as the actual receipt number. Any ideas? Anyone have a good number an American at the Immigrant Visa Unit in Manila?

Filed: Timeline

John and annamy_- i had my sputum tests too.and il get my result on august 29...(hoping nd praying for negative result) ..okay, after smear result(negative) slec staff told me they are going to cancel my interview appointment...but yet i checked my status when i flew back home in mindanao.. i find out online that they didnt cancel my appointment..so i did... though they told me that theyl be the one re scheduling my interview,still i doubt it.. since my result will be on 29th i rescheduled my interview (online) on 6th of september... im crossing my fingers hope there's no more delays... :wacko:

so you did try to schedule online but it didnt work...? enter passport # for receipt # :bonk: :bonk: it works.. :thumbs:

Timeline

I found out today that September appointments are available, but i am still being told that we have to wait until St Luke clears her. I have tried unsuccessfully to schedule the appointment online but it does not like anything i enter for teh receipt number, I've tried the passport number as well as the actual receipt number. Any ideas? Anyone have a good number an American at the Immigrant Visa Unit in Manila?

You can call this number..(214) 571-1600. I called and got a September appointment. There are a few left in August as well..(as of two days ago).

Timeline

Oh My! im afraid!dont they think its a waste of money on our part?why dont they take the meds with us so that we can take it in our own home..waiting is just fine but goint there everyday sucks..im praying that my test will turn our negative

St. Luke's won't care they wan't to watch her the whole treatment process. Don't be paranoid. You will turn out to be negative. I know it's scary but don't waste your energy getting anxious about it. :)

tumblr_m24igfpWr01rtrvwyo1_r1_250.jpg

Click image to view my blog!

AOS Timeline

11/1/11 - AOS package Delivered

11/7/11 - NOA Received in the mail

11/12/11 - Biometrics Appointment received

11/28/11 - Case transferred to CSC

12/7/11 - Biometrics done

1/2/12 - EAD and AP approved (Card production)

1/11/12 - EAD/AP Card received

1/20/12 - Got Driver's License!

3/7/12 - GC approved!

3/9/12 - Got a job!

3/11/12 - GC on hand

Timeline

St. Luke's won't care they wan't to watch her the whole treatment process. Don't be paranoid. You will turn out to be negative. I know it's scary but don't waste your energy getting anxious about it. :)

thanks a lot..its killing me really thinking that whole thing..i do hope so..i will keep u posted on it..as soon as i get home from slec on monday, i will postr here the result, pls pray for me..thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.