Sohil Popatiya

Wife'1 b2 visa

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Dear Sir/Madam,

My self Sohil Popatiya living and working here in Luanda,Angola west africa. I have indian nationaly.Recently I got 10 year Multipal entry visa from US emabessy here in luanda,Angola.I had mention in DS-160 that I m married but want to travel alone.But now my wife want to travel with me. She came to luanda with me but for family visa problem she went back to india.My doubt is that if she apply for tourist visa in india saying that my husband have B1/B2 and she want also to travel with him.what is the chances to get her visa.We got married in January 2011.Plz guide us we want to go for our honeymoon.

Thansk & Regards,

Sohil Popatiya.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Are you asking about tourist visas for USA or for Africa?

This website is for information about USA. But you might be able to find more help in the Africa section of the forums.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear Sir/Madam,

My self Sohil Popatiya living and working here in Luanda,Angola west africa. I have indian nationaly.Recently I got 10 year Multipal entry visa from US emabessy here in luanda,Angola.I had mention in DS-160 that I m married but want to travel alone.But now my wife want to travel with me. She came to luanda with me but for family visa problem she went back to india.My doubt is that if she apply for tourist visa in india saying that my husband have B1/B2 and she want also to travel with him.what is the chances to get her visa.We got married in January 2011.Plz guide us we want to go for our honeymoon.

Thansk & Regards,

Sohil Popatiya.

They aren't going to issue a tourist visa to her just because a US consulate in a different country issued one to you. She needs to convince the consular officer that she has sufficient funds to pay for her trip and expenses, and that she will leave the US before her authorized stay expires. Since she'll be traveling from India she will need to convince the CO that she has strong ties to India that will compel her to return.

My honest opinion is that her chances would be better if she applied at the same consulate that granted your B2 visa, but I assume that's not possible now.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

They aren't going to issue a tourist visa to her just because a US consulate in a different country issued one to you. She needs to convince the consular officer that she has sufficient funds to pay for her trip and expenses, and that she will leave the US before her authorized stay expires. Since she'll be traveling from India she will need to convince the CO that she has strong ties to India that will compel her to return.

My honest opinion is that her chances would be better if she applied at the same consulate that granted your B2 visa, but I assume that's not possible now.

I agree with Jim, even if she applies at any of the consulate in India, she will have to prove sufficient ties to India and she would return back to India after her trip.

Timeline

Thanks Mr. Jim

I will try to call her back to luanda.

Thansk Once again.

Timeline

I agree with Jim, even if she applies at any of the consulate in India, she will have to prove sufficient ties to India and she would return back to India after her trip.

Thanks Mr.Harsh.

If She apply at consulate in india, Which ties she has to prove to CO. Plz guide us.

She will come Luanda,Angola after some time but no sure this time she will get family visa of Angola.

Thanks again,

Regards.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Mr.Harsh.

If She apply at consulate in india, Which ties she has to prove to CO. Plz guide us.

She will come Luanda,Angola after some time but no sure this time she will get family visa of Angola.

Thanks again,

Regards.

Wherever she applies Angola or in India, she will have to prove to the CO that after her visit she would return back to her home country be it Angola or India.

Ties to the country could be, letter from her employer showing she is still employed with them.

Her bank account and the asset she holds showing CO she has interest in her home country and she would return back.

Family ties – this only works in case if her spouse or child is not going to travel with her.

These are few examples but you can show similar things to CO.

Timeline

Wherever she applies Angola or in India, she will have to prove to the CO that after her visit she would return back to her home country be it Angola or India.

Ties to the country could be, letter from her employer showing she is still employed with them.

Her bank account and the asset she holds showing CO she has interest in her home country and she would return back.

Family ties – this only works in case if her spouse or child is not going to travel with her.

These are few examples but you can show similar things to CO.

Thank you very much.

Apreciate your help.

Regards,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.