nonahal

I - 130 Question 21

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I am filling I-130 for my wife and need some guidance in answering question 21.

My Situation / History:

I am US Citizen, living in Houston TX. Got married in Pakistan in April 2011. Two weeks after the wedding I came back to US. One month after that my wife joined me in Houston on a visitor's visa which she had prior to our wedding. She will be travelling back to Pakistan in Nov of 2011.

My Question

I am filing I-130 for my wife. I will not be filing for an adjustment of status. My wife's application will processed at the American consulate in Islamabad, Pakistan. Now in question 21 of I-130 it's asking for the last address where we lived together and a from/to date. Should I put the address here in Houston where she will be living with me till November or should I put her address in Pakistan? I am afraid that if I put the address in Houston it might create some confusion. I will really appreciate your help/guidance in this matter.

Regards,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I am filling I-130 for my wife and need some guidance in answering question 21.

My Situation / History:

I am US Citizen, living in Houston TX. Got married in Pakistan in April 2011. Two weeks after the wedding I came back to US. One month after that my wife joined me in Houston on a visitor's visa which she had prior to our wedding. She will be travelling back to Pakistan in Nov of 2011.

My Question

I am filing I-130 for my wife. I will not be filing for an adjustment of status. My wife's application will processed at the American consulate in Islamabad, Pakistan. Now in question 21 of I-130 it's asking for the last address where we lived together and a from/to date. Should I put the address here in Houston where she will be living with me till November or should I put her address in Pakistan? I am afraid that if I put the address in Houston it might create some confusion. I will really appreciate your help/guidance in this matter.

Regards,

Unless you've lived together in Pakistan, I would put "We have visited but have not yet resided in the same country." Unless the two of you have resided in another country together, she is just visiting the USA, not residing or living here, even though the visit is an extended on. If you file while she's still here I would write in RED "NOT ADJUSTING STATUS' in both section 22 and section 14. Either place can confuse them since she'll be here at the time you file.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not a K-3 visa topic, moving to IR-1/CR-1 forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We used "living together in NJ" even though it was only for a couple of months--didn't cause any problems

And it wouldn't really unless you filed the petition during those two months. Even then, only maybe. The issue with indicating you "lived together" as opposed to "visited" is that they can ask you for evidence, like names on lease, mortgage etc. that most would not have.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good point push--we used that time to get both names on lease, joint bank account, joint credit card, and so forth, and then filed after that was all done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.