7 posts in this topic

Does it only require one visit to get the civil surgeon to fill out the I-693? My fiancee has her vaccinations from Mexico already so all the civil surgeon has to do is sign it off right?

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Correct, but you have to find a civil surgeon that will just transcribe the vaccinations from spanish to english onto the form. Many civil surgeons take advantage of uninformed people and insist that they need a new medical exam. This is NOT correct, shop around and find an honest one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good luck with that. My husband had his medical in Jamaica but the CS we went to would not fill anything out without an 325.00 dollar physical and vacc. records. I tried to tell him that we were not going to need another physical but he said YES. So we turned in some records for Nattoy for AOS and skipped the I-693. We may get RFE but I couldn't see paying that much money for sumthing he had done a few months ago.

On the first day of I-693, they will give a vaccine shot for the TB skin test, then vision/height/organs, then blood test for HIV. Two days after, came back to see results for TB/HIV and receive a sealed I-693 envelope.

From what I've seen around the forum, the USCIS is very picky about the medical tests, and they prefer the I-693 be performed in the USA whether or not you had the right shots and tests taken somewhere else.

Maybe you'll find a good, honest doctor who will transcribe what you have, but since I only had to pay $160 for the whole test, we just coughed up the money and get it over with. Also, my shots were taken in the USA when I was in high school.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does it only require one visit to get the civil surgeon to fill out the I-693? My fiancee has her vaccinations from Mexico already so all the civil surgeon has to do is sign it off right?

It only took us one visit, but we had to call around to find one that would do the transcription. We went 2 hours out of our way to find one. We were told they would do it when making the appointment, after the receptionist went and talked to someone else about it. Then, when we got to the appt., they tried again to tell us he would have the physical. We showed them the instructions we printed off and brought with us, and then we were once again told we would get the transcription only for $25. We paid a total of $55, $25 for the transcribing and $30 for a flu shot (because it was flu season, it was required at the time).

You do not need another physical, blood tests or another TB test. You have to be diligent and call around until you find a CS that won't insist on you paying for and getting a whole new, unnecessary exam.

We also filled out part 1 of the I-693, and brought it with us. They used the form we brought in. It is also a good way to make sure you use the most recent, up-to-date version. They should let you know if any vaccines are missing, and fill out part 2, vaccination section only, and part 5, which is where the CS signs off on it.

Oh, if her records are in Spanish, ask the CS if that is ok, or you need them translated before going there.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Anyone from Dallas area know of a good civil surgeon?

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.