MishaMoose

Columbus Ohio

54 posts in this topic

Just curious if there are any US RUB couples here in the Columbus Ohio Area?

Thanks Much!!

Slim and his wife live a bit further south in... Cincinnati I believe.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Westerville in the house!!!

Not a RUB couple though :(

Edited by Bec_Dipu

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Yep.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Да, slim -- очень приятная девушка

;)

What's funny is the other night we went to the "Russian Restaurant" (that is staffed by Azerbaijanis and Turkmens and whomever else from that region that "kind of" speaks Russian) and the dude came over and said, "Hello, girls." in Russian.

He apologized and said he's accustomed to saying girls because my wife and her friend go there so often but he obviously didn't think about mixed company changing endings.

That's usually the tip-off between those who are fluent and those who've just studied a little. They can get most of the case endings most of the time, but eventually there'll be that one word or two that catches them. "We Germans say three. You said three."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

That's usually the tip-off between those who are fluent and those who've just studied a little. They can get most of the case endings most of the time, but eventually there'll be that one word or two that catches them. "We Germans say three. You said three."

Well, he actually used an adjective where he should have used an adverb. But yep, that's true.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Well, he actually used an adjective where he should have used an adverb. But yep, that's true.

I'm not even that good at English grammar, let alone Russian. However, I do know when somethin aint all the way right.

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks for the critique. A correction might have might have been a bit more useful. :D

So what would have been correct? When I took lessons in Crimes this was the phrase I was taught as a "pleased to meet you" equivalent.

My russian is quite poor and limited and I know it .. but I would rather try to use what I sort of know, and make people smile than never try at all.

No offense is taken .. we learn by making mistakes. Especially if correction is offered. B-)

Be well all.

I never made it much past "nyet, da, mama, papa, brad, sistra, babushka, etc...".

Russian has to be one of the if not the most difficult languages to learn. Even the Greeks made extra letters for the Russian alphabet when they were giving the Rus an alphabet, religion, etc...

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Thanks for the critique. A correction might have might have been a bit more useful. :D

So what would have been correct? When I took lessons in Crimes this was the phrase I was taught as a "pleased to meet you" equivalent.

My russian is quite poor and limited and I know it .. but I would rather try to use what I sort of know, and make people smile than never try at all.

No offense is taken .. we learn by making mistakes. Especially if correction is offered. B-)

Be well all.

Not a critique at all. In fact, I'm guessing you probably said it right just spelled it wrong.

eekee is somewhat of a Russian language expert. She probably knows more than all of us put together and was merely pointing out the fact that with the misspelling it changed the word to indicate you were talking to a female instead of a male.

A little RUB humor, if you will.

Russian has to be one of the if not the most difficult languages to learn.

I think the spoken language is really not all that difficult since it's not too distant from our own. Written, however, is something that has to be practiced for a while to really get good at.

I still read like a 3rd grader.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.