Lorus

Approval email received. What's next?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just received an email that we (daughter and I) have been approved for our I-130s. It says a letter is being sent with more instructions to follow.

So what's next in the process?

I know interviews are conducted in Montreal and saw that they are now booking for September! :( We were really hoping to get an August date so our daughter could start Grade 6 in September. Is there any way of receiving a sooner interview date?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congrats!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just received an email that we (daughter and I) have been approved for our I-130s. It says a letter is being sent with more instructions to follow.

I know interviews are conducted in Montreal and saw that they are now booking for September! :( We were really hoping to get an August date so our daughter could start Grade 6 in September. Is there any way of receiving a sooner interview date?

Thanks!

You are on the NVC fast track now.... call NVC DAILY to find out your case numbers..once you find out the case number call back talk to an operator and then ask for Invoice number and give them the beneficiary and petitioner emails.... they will then send the info via email to you instead of snail mail.

Read this link carefully and follow it as much as possible. We were able to complete the NVC within one month.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James's_Shortcuts

Once NVC has sent info regarding the Choice of Agent letter then email the form ( you can look up the template for ds3032 and use that if you don't want to send pdf file) Then send this in...don't do it until they ask otherwise you won't get a response.

They will send a response of accepting this and then sending the other info regarding the ds 230 documents (beneficiary documents) to the choice of agent (which is usually spouse, family member petitioning or an attorney)

Check the online portal for fees generated once available to pay...pay them. Once it is paid it will say in process for a few days then when it says paid you need to finish and print out the receipt and the cover letter with barcode. Attach the coverletter with barcode on top of each of the corresponding document packages. Send them in and then wait again...

Good luck!!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks!

Where did you see that they are booking for September??

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

Thanks!

Congrats on getting your I-130 approved!

I'm not sure where you're looking, but for IR-1/CR-1 applicants, they're currently booking July interviews. You might have been seeing K1 applicants. If you keep on everything and don't get any RFEs, it might be possible for you to get an August interview.

I highly, highly suggest you read the wiki I wrote that's linked in my signature. It will walk you through the NVC process in regards to EP (optional still) and online forms (mandatory for Canadians).

You are on the NVC fast track now.... call NVC DAILY to find out your case numbers..once you find out the case number call back talk to an operator and then ask for Invoice number and give them the beneficiary and petitioner emails.... they will then send the info via email to you instead of snail mail.

Read this link carefully and follow it as much as possible. We were able to complete the NVC within one month.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/James's_Shortcuts

Once NVC has sent info regarding the Choice of Agent letter then email the form ( you can look up the template for ds3032 and use that if you don't want to send pdf file) Then send this in...don't do it until they ask otherwise you won't get a response.

They will send a response of accepting this and then sending the other info regarding the ds 230 documents (beneficiary documents) to the choice of agent (which is usually spouse, family member petitioning or an attorney)

Check the online portal for fees generated once available to pay...pay them. Once it is paid it will say in process for a few days then when it says paid you need to finish and print out the receipt and the cover letter with barcode. Attach the coverletter with barcode on top of each of the corresponding document packages. Send them in and then wait again...

Good luck!!!

Please remember that Canadians have a whole different way of doing things at NVC.

-We don't email the DS-3032, we have an online version called the DS-261 we fill out instead. We don't get a response by email of them accepting it.

-And we also don't fill out the DS-230. It's mandatory for us to fill out the online version of the DS-260.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.