jeanb84

How long should I wait before I receive a letter of eligibility (PI)

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am anxiously waiting for my letter of eligibility to set an appointment for interview. It has been 11 days since my case left NVC. I would like to know if it is OK for me to pay MVR at any BPI bank and set an appointment either online or via phone call and proceed to medical exam or is it necessary for me to wait for the letter from US Embassy Manila saying that i am eligible to set an interview before I pay for MVR then call them or set a schedule online.

Thanks,

JB

Are you a K1 applicant? If so, no need to wait for the eligibility letter, it'll take forever to arrive. Once your case has left NVC, give it at least a week or two for it to arrive in USEM. Then you can now try to schedule your appointment either through phone or online.

TIP: Just try to call from time to time to check. It'll arrive early, it'll arrive late.

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Are you a K1 applicant? If so, no need to wait for the eligibility letter, it'll take forever to arrive. Once your case has left NVC, give it at least a week or two for it to arrive in USEM. Then you can now try to schedule your appointment either through phone or online.

TIP: Just try to call from time to time to check. It'll arrive early, it'll arrive late.

Hi,

So you mean to say I can go to any BPI bank then pay for my MVR then set an appointment? Thank you for the info. :) My fiance' called them twice already and it just frustrates us because they told us it will take approximately 1-3 mos. before I receive letter of eligibility from USEM but then according to them it is case to case basis. My fiance will come to see me again next week and we are expecting that I will be going with him when he comes back to US. He cannot stay more than a month because of his job so after knowing earlier from the lady we talked on phone that it will take 1-3 months before we get letter of eligibility it upsets us. Did you also do the same? Got an interview date without letter from USEM?

Thank you very much

JB

yes if u will call the embassy and ur case is not on their system yet then u cant make an appointment with them.. same as in online scheduling.. but if ur case is already on the system even u dont have the eligible letter u can sched. ur appointment online.. usually it takes 2-3 wks. before the embassy have the case on their system... :star:

but u can take ur med. at slec as long as u have the mnl. no.

good luck..

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

yes if u will call the embassy and ur case is not on their system yet then u cant make an appointment with them.. same as in online scheduling.. but if ur case is already on the system even u dont have the eligible letter u can sched. ur appointment online.. usually it takes 2-3 wks. before the embassy have the case on their system... :star:

good luck..

Agree! :thumbs:

K1 Timeline

02-28-11 I-29F SENT

06-01-11 PETITION APPROVED

07-15-11 VISA APPROVED

AOS Timeline

03-02-12 I-485 SENT

05-22-12 INTERVIEW APPROVED

ROC Timeline

04-18-14 I-751 SENT

07-29-14 APPROVED

Naturalization Timeline

06-29-16 N400 SENT

08-02-16 BIOMETRICS

10-12-16 INTERVIEW

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am anxiously waiting for my letter of eligibility to set an appointment for interview. It has been 11 days since my case left NVC. I would like to know if it is OK for me to pay MVR at any BPI bank and set an appointment either online or via phone call and proceed to medical exam or is it necessary for me to wait for the letter from US Embassy Manila saying that i am eligible to set an interview before I pay for MVR then call them or set a schedule online.

Thanks,

JB

My fiance received her letter of eligibility 6/6/11. It was mailed 5/12/11. ridiculous!! She paid her Visa fee four weeks ago and made her appt via the call center. She already has all the 156 and 157 forms completed. Don't ever depend on the Philippine postal system for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

event.png

Timeline

My fiance received her letter of eligibility 6/6/11. It was mailed 5/12/11. ridiculous!! She paid her Visa fee four weeks ago and made her appt via the call center. She already has all the 156 and 157 forms completed. Don't ever depend on the Philippine postal system for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

You don't need to wait for the eligibility letter. Anyway here's my timeline from when my petition left NVC

till receiving the eligibility from USEM.

May 18 : Case left NVC

May 25 @ 11AM: package delivered to USEM (assuming I was tracking the right package)

May 25 @ 4PM: I sent an email to USEM

May 26 @ 7 AM : received a reply from USEM.

(They have received my electronic file from NVC on May 20th and should receive the physical file shortly)

May 30 @12PM : I paid the Visa Fee

May 31 @ 7AM : I emailed USEM again

May 31 @ 8AM : USEM replied (same response as May 26)

June 2 @ 3PM : I emailed USEM again

June 2 @ 8PM : I called the embassy to ask about my and try to schedule for an interview ( 982-5555)

a FIlipino guy answered, he told me that I can't cos I don't have the eligibility letter yet. Since he won't

allow me to schedule, I asked him to teach me how to get a schedule online instead (from start to finish) LOL.

And I was able to get a schedule!!!!! :D

June 3 @7AM : I received a response from the USEM telling me that they have received the physical file and have informed me

in writing that I am eligible to schedule for an interview... and that I need not wait for the hard copy of the letter.

June 7 @ PM : received the hard copy of the eligibility letter from USEM via Air21

Hope this helps. Goodluck! You'll get yours soon too! :)

Btw, email them tonight so you'll get a response tomorrow morning:)

IVManilaReplies@state.gov

“It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it will not be created for years or even generations” Kahlil Gibran

Timeline

Hi,

Sorry to hear that it took that long time for your fiancee got her eligibility letter. That is what I am avoiding too. I have read some posts exactly like yours, they also received the appointment letter several weeks from the time it was mailed. Another reason why I would like to pay BPI and set schedule thingking that may appointment letter has already been sent just that it is taking so long before it gets to me. Thank you for the info.

Good luck and God bless you and your fiancee.

Timeline

Hi,

You don't need to wait for the eligibility letter. Anyway here's my timeline from when my petition left NVC

till receiving the eligibility from USEM.

May 18 : Case left NVC

May 25 @ 11AM: package delivered to USEM (assuming I was tracking the right package)

May 25 @ 4PM: I sent an email to USEM

May 26 @ 7 AM : received a reply from USEM.

(They have received my electronic file from NVC on May 20th and should receive the physical file shortly)

May 30 @12PM : I paid the Visa Fee

May 31 @ 7AM : I emailed USEM again

May 31 @ 8AM : USEM replied (same response as May 26)

June 2 @ 3PM : I emailed USEM again

June 2 @ 8PM : I called the embassy to ask about my and try to schedule for an interview ( 982-5555)

a FIlipino guy answered, he told me that I can't cos I don't have the eligibility letter yet. Since he won't

allow me to schedule, I asked him to teach me how to get a schedule online instead (from start to finish) LOL.

And I was able to get a schedule!!!!! :D

June 3 @7AM : I received a response from the USEM telling me that they have received the physical file and have informed me

in writing that I am eligible to schedule for an interview... and that I need not wait for the hard copy of the letter.

June 7 @ PM : received the hard copy of the eligibility letter from USEM via Air21

Hope this helps. Goodluck! You'll get yours soon too! :)

Btw, email them tonight so you'll get a response tomorrow morning:)

IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Hi,

Thank you very much for those information. I will email US embassy tonight. Goodluck to you too and God bless you!!!

Timeline

good luck..

Thank you for the info! God Bless you

I vote not to wait for the eligibility letter. Also, you don't even really need to email or call the Embassy in order to find out if your physical file has been received and entered into their system.

Instead, simply wait two weeks from the time your physical file leaves the NVC, then pay the visa fee and begin trying to schedule an interview every day either online or by phone. When your physical file has been entered into their system, you will be able to schedule an interview.

Note: If you are scheduling an interview by phone and the call center agent asks you whether you have received your eligibility letter, tell them that you have received it already. Then, if your physical file has been entered into the Embassy's system already, you will be allowed to schedule an interview by phone even though you don't have the eligibility letter.

By the way, if Chinook had waited for her eligibility letter, she would still be in Bacolod. She never received an eligibility letter.

Best wishes for the rest of your journey! :star:

Timeline

I vote not to wait for the eligibility letter. Also, you don't even really need to email or call the Embassy in order to find out if your physical file has been received and entered into their system.

Instead, simply wait two weeks from the time your physical file leaves the NVC, then pay the visa fee and begin trying to schedule an interview every day either online or by phone. When your physical file has been entered into their system, you will be able to schedule an interview.

Note: If you are scheduling an interview by phone and the call center agent asks you whether you have received your eligibility letter, tell them that you have received it already. Then, if your physical file has been entered into the Embassy's system already, you will be allowed to schedule an interview by phone even though you don't have the eligibility letter.

By the way, if Chinook had waited for her eligibility letter, she would still be in Bacolod. She never received an eligibility letter.

Best wishes for the rest of your journey! :star:

Thank you very much for the information. I emailed US embassy last night and heard from them an hour ago. They said they have received my application and sent me a letter of eligibility. They also said that I need not to wait for the hard copy to arrive and that I can schedule for appoint anytime starting today. That is great news for me and my fiance'.

Thanks again. God bless you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.