Ken&TJ

Drivers License Michigan

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I remember that after I took the written test, the DMV lady asked if I already had a license from my own country. when I showed her my DL, she said "oh but it is not in English" (DOH!), otherwise she said she would have given me at "temporary" license. Instead, I only got a permit to drive with somebody else. Probably Canadians can get what I couldn't get, because licenses in Canada are in English. However, the point is that even to take the written test I had to show proof of valid immigration status.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for all the information. It seems we will have to wait until the green card arrives. We were able to add his name to the bank account. His Canadian DL is valid we just wanted to get it switched over now. What do people use when they go for their interview to prove their marriage is real? Without a DL from Michigan we can't do much. He did get his SS card right away no questions asked.

Met online : August 18 2008

Met in person (Alberta Canada): June 19,2009

Met again (USA): December 10,2009

Mailed the package: June 30,2010

NOA1: July 8,2010

Touch: July 14,2010

NOA2: Nov. 19, 2010 Issued

NOA2: Nov. 27, 2010 Received Hard Copy

November 26, 2010 NVC forwarded case to Vancouver Consulate

November 29, 2010 Received at Vancouver Consulate

December 7, 2010 Received Packet 3

December 8, 2010 Received Inverview Date

Interview Date: January 5, 2011 Vancouver

Approved February 8, 2011

Entered USA February 15, 2011

Married March 23, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

I didn't have a DL when we interviewed recently. We had joint bank account statements, photographs, the marriage license and affidavits from friends. Beyond that, I think interviewing officers are understanding of the fact that newlyweds have limited proof of their marriage. We just explained why I couldn't get a license from our state (PA in our case; you also need a green card here), and he was fine with that.

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

For us, the IO spent a lot of time looking at the pics from the wedding, gave a quick look at the joint bank account, then wanted a copy of the joint lease we had just signed a few weeks before when we finally moved out of her parents' house and rented our own place. I didn't have a DL when we interviewed (actually, I took the behind-the-wheel test the morning of the AOS interview) and at no point the IO asked to see it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

Oh yeah, I forgot we also had joint leases going back about a year-year and a half. Our IO asked for two forms of ID initially, which I did not have (passport only), so he asked "You don't have a driver's license?" and I explained why, and he was okay with that.

Married since 03/02/2011, AOS from F-1 visa, green card granted 05/24/2011.
Blessed with a healthy baby boy, 08/19/2011! We get to keep our family together! Thank you! smile.png

--

ROC

02/27/2013 - I-751 packet sent
03/04/2013 - NOA1
04/01/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - I-751 Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.