GREEN/TRAN

anyone denied coz of the imbra form?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
If you answered the IMBRA questions and you already sent in the information, there's no reason for concern. If it was necessary, you already sent it. If it wasn't, it won't hurt you.

Name checks are extra security checks that sometimes happen randomly. There's no proof you'll go through this - try not to worry since it is out of your hands.

BUT WHAT NAMES?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I GOT A 200 DOLLAR FINE BUT IT WAS 14 YEARS AGO BUT WHAT ARE NAME CHECKS??????? WHAT NAMES????

The petitioner's and the applicant's.

Security checks:

at USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffair...hecks_42506.pdf and more info here: http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Edited by Mew

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Ok names checks are they pass your name or close combination of your name through the database of the crimnal records, terrorists and other law and order records. Just to make sure that you are not involved in any of the crimes. the name check is done at pre-approval, NVC, at interview level. But since you have already put your old record on the form so it wont be any problem for you>>I hope.

ARR.jpgaug06ayeshaB.jpg

Meeting Online: Yahoo chartroom Aug 2001.

Direct meeting & marriage: Dec 2003 USA, NY

I-130 petition in DCFR Tokyo: March 14th 2004. Case reffered to DHS USCIS

Four visits to japan in 2004: Oct 2004, wife got pragnant.

Wife/Fiance left USA and moved into Japan: Feb 5th 2005.

Baby Born: June 24th 2005(Japan)

I-130 denied: July 17 2005(Divorce was declared not valid)

Refiling Divorce: oJuly 17th 2005 NY State.

Divorce granted: Nov 17th 2005

K-1 application: Mar 1st 2006

Approval: May 23rd 2006

US consulate RFE: June 15th 2006

FRE sent (Original passports, birth certificate, all origional docs): July 10th 2006

Medical: Oct 11th 2006.

Interview: Nov 10th 2006(expected)

Might want to check out that caps lock key. Seems to be sticking.

There's a whole forum on IMBRA-related information here that might help answer some of your questions. It's also spelled out in the opening pages of the instructions for the I-129F.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Timeline

There's a whole forum on IMBRA-related information here that might help answer some of your questions. It's also spelled out in the opening pages of the instructions for the I-129F.

I think the OP has issues besides caps lock. Not being able to read instructions or knowing what a name check is as well.

:huh:

Edited by devilette

Timeline
Ok names checks are they pass your name or close combination of your name through the database of the crimnal records, terrorists and other law and order records. Just to make sure that you are not involved in any of the crimes. the name check is done at pre-approval, NVC, at interview level. But since you have already put your old record on the form so it wont be any problem for you>>I hope.

Gugu, they do also run security checks at USCIS (as well as at NVC).

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Actually, I think the NVC doesn't actually run a name check. Don't they just sometimes wait for some clearance from the FBI name check that takes place at the USCIS part of the process?

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

I think the OP has issues besides caps lock. Not being able to read instructions or knowing what a name check is as well.

maybe you didnt have any question,but i was wonder when you see someone fall down do you help them up or point and laugh coz it seem i kind of have a idea about the kind of person you are to

Timeline
Actually, I think the NVC doesn't actually run a name check. Don't they just sometimes wait for some clearance from the FBI name check that takes place at the USCIS part of the process?

They run security checks:

At National Visa Center (State Department) stage, a separate independent NCIC database check is done by in-house FBI staff in connection with information supplied in the DS-230. Based on results, NVC has the option to request full fingerprints to be taken at post. NVC checks can usually be completed in 24 hours. In some limited cases involving high-risk visa applicants meeting certain specific criteria, NVC also does Security Advisory Opinions (SOAs) before sending the file to Consular Post.
- http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/Secu...tiveReview.html

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

maybe you didnt have any question,but i was wonder when you see someone fall down do you help them up or point and laugh coz it seem i kind of have a idea about the kind of person you are to

here in my state a background is what it is called and since i sent them a cerified kbi back ground i thought a name cfheck was sorry smartiei guess yiou just knew from birth please dont respond to any of my post please devil whatever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.