Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Affidavit of support

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil

2010 federal tax return and letter of employment was all we needed. Having the pay stubs will not hurt, we had mine at interview, they never asked for them. I also had copies of my W-2, but they did not ask for that either. However, each consulate is a little different. Better to be safe and have more than less.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti

I did not have any copies of pay stubs here is what I sent as supporting documents for the I-134:

-an employment letter

-a print-out that I got from my bank showing when my account was opened, current balance on my accounts, 60 day average balance, and 365 day average balance. It was signed by someone from the bank.

-my tax returns; the easiest way to do this is to request transcripts from the IRS (you can do it online and it's free) or you can make a copy of your 1040 and your W-2s or 1099.

Of course if you did not make enough on your tax returns but are now making enough then it would be better to send copies of your pay stubs, but since you stated in another thread that you are planning to use a co-sponsor it would probably be easier to send the transcripts.

I would go ahead and fill out the paperwork now. Most of my paperwork was dated 3/1 and the interview was 4/26. If you email the embassy for packet 3 and if it doesn't take long to get the medical done and packet 3 returned, you could possibly be interviewing in another 1-2 months. But of course there are many variables in that.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam

For a wage/salary earner current and continuing income is what you need to prove. Employer letter and recent paystubs are the best ways to prove this income.

For a self employed person the income evaluated is line 22 of your most recent (2010) 1040 tax return.

Bank info isn't needed unless you are using the money there as assets to make up an income shortfall.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318


PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...