Dave&Carolina

Proof of ongoing relationship due to interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'd like to know what you guys gathered as proof of ongoing relationship due to interview. Any ideas are accepted, i wanna bring anything i can think of!

How many itens from each type of proof did u collect?

I have approximately 5 of each (photos, e-mails), but I wonder If that will be enough.

I also intend to print out the FB page that shows our relationship and stuff. Did somebody do the same thing?

What else did u bring?

Thanks for all

Dave & Carol :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1-11-11 - I-129F Mailed.

1-18-11 - Check Cashed.

1-24-11 - NOA1 Hardcopy received.

5-06-11 - NOA2 Hardcopy received!!!!!!

6-02-11 - Packet 4 received.

6-07-11 - Medical Appointment.

6-11-11 - Vaccines ok!

7-19-11 - Interview = APPROVED!

7-22-11 - Passport with visa received.

8-12-11 - Arrived in US!!! (POE = ATL international airport)

9-24-11 - We got married!

9-30-11 - AOS, EAD and AP applications sent by mail.

11-7-11 - Biometrics done.

Dec 11 - Received EAD, AP and AOS on mail!

Dec 11 - Name changed on SSN and BMV!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't speak for Brazil's requirements, but we front-loaded our file when we submitted it with six photos printed on a single 8.5x11 sheet of paper, included our boarding passes -- and that was it.

In and out of the interview as fast as the CO could stamp and sort out the documents.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well...

My fiancee brought literally suitcase.. Since I front-loaded the I129F, they have not asked for anything in regards to ongoing relationship. What I personally prepared:

1) For each meeting in person (we had 7) I had separate folder with pictures, copies of entry/exit stamps, visas, boarding passes, registrations in her apartment/hotel bills. For our life in Mexico I also had our joint lease.

2) My cell phone bills with highlighted calls to her

3) Copy of my life insurance since she was a beneficiary of 50% plus she was executor of my will for my daughter's 50% since she is under 18.

4) I gave her my passport (I was there for an interview) with all the original visa stamps

5) I also wrote kind of chronology of our relationship/travel guide and organized documents correspondingly for better navigation.

Together it was about the size of a large suitcase.. SHE USED NONE. They asked her just two questions:

1) Is this your fiance sitting behind you? and

2) How was it like living in Mexico?

<30 sec.. Darn! It took me days to prepare.

Timeline

Thank u guys, I appreciate ur help.

I hope the consul dont give me a hard time, cuz my fiance wont be there on the interview day. However, Ill bring all proof I can to show them If needed.

Even If they dont ask, Ill bring my own 'suitcase' with everything possible as u said ... lol.

1-11-11 - I-129F Mailed.

1-18-11 - Check Cashed.

6-11-11 - Vaccines ok!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank u guys, I appreciate ur help.

I hope the consul dont give me a hard time, cuz my fiance wont be there on the interview day. However, Ill bring all proof I can to show them If needed.

Even If they dont ask, Ill bring my own 'suitcase' with everything possible as u said ... lol.

I wasn't there for my fiance either, and it was no problem. His interview was quick and didn't need any additional evidence. Just in case, I sent a few emails, phone bills, pictures, etc. Good luck to you!

event.png

Timeline

Thanks very much!

1-11-11 - I-129F Mailed.

1-18-11 - Check Cashed.

6-11-11 - Vaccines ok!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

We had an elephant to carry our evidence :bonk:

However, they did not request to see any additional evidence from us either. They asked us some questions and after satisfying there questions, he said,"OK Approved". We looked at each other to make sure we both heard it correctly.. :D

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.