spamnrice

I filed single on my tax return..

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

and my wife just got finished with her interview today and told me she got approved.

This is mainly for those who are in the same boat as me who were really paranoid and scared to file single since turbotax wouldnt push me through as married. I filed as single thinking it doesnt matter since she's in the philippines anyways then i read on here that there are cases that have been denied because of it.

I'm just here to let you guys know that it was ok in my case.

Good luck to you guys.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if your married, then why did you file single, or do you mean married fileing single, if you where to file married jointy it would have been much better refound in return,and when the time comes for you to remove conditions to prove a bona fide marriage like doing things togather finacialy you will need to send your tax transcripts for the past three years, just so you know keep that in mine, good luck on the rest of your journey.

Filed: Timeline

i didnt really know any better when i was filing. turbo tax wouldnt let me file it married or married but filing seperately unless i provide a social so i said forget it and just did single. =/

Yep. Even if you did it yourself it would have gotten kicked back without a Taxpayer-ID. Like I said, you can fix it later once she gets an SSN.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i understand that but your not single,do like the some old guy said it's not toate to amend the return if she is not in the us then get her a w-7 have her down load it sign it sent it to you yousign it have it notrized send a copy of your marriage certificate, an a copy your us passport,send that along with the w-7, if you need more information call this department that only handles the w-7 1-800-908-9982 they are in austin tx good luck to you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Since she doesn't live with you, you could have filed head of household as I did. It states on the IRS website that if the spouse lived out of the country or away from home for 6 months or longer you can file this way. It is also a good return as well.

Just my opinion for what its worth :blush:

(That is if you have a/any dependent(s) or other qualifying individuals.)

Edited by Donnison2011

March 2010-We met

3/24/10-4/3/10 Mark's first visit to the US

6/8/10-6/29/10 Mark's second visit to the US

June 2010 We got engaged!

10/6/10-10/16/10 Mark's Third trip to US and our wedding

12/23/10-1/21/10 Mark's fourth trip to US

3/18/11-3/30/11 My first trip to the UK

5/18/11-5/26/11 Mark makes his 5th trip to the US

7/26/11-8/13/11 My hubby is coming out to see me again!! 6th Trip

9/27/11-10/15/11 7th trip to the US for my husband

3/8/11 - Sent I-130 Application

3/9/11 - USCIS received application

3/11/11 - Received NOA1

3/14/11 - Check cashed

3/14/11 - Touched

7/13/11- RFE

7/19/11- RFE sent via USPS over night

7/29/11 - NOA2

8/8/11- NVC Received Case

9/7/11 - Case # and IIN # assigned

9/9/11- Paid AOS fee of $88.00

10/11/11 - NVC Received AOS package

10/14/11 - NVC approved I-864 AOS package

9/13/11 - IV bill received

10/29/11 - IV bill fee paid

12/01/11 - IV packet mailed

12/14/11 - Case complete!!

01/31/12 - Medical Exam

02/07/12 - Interview-Approved!!

03/14/12 - POE - Dallas, TX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

jkelly--you are beating a dead horse--you can amend at any time--it is no big deal

Donninson--head of household requies more than you have pointed out, so not always available

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.