RobynSway2709

who can be Affidavit of support?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, me and my fiance are having a hard time finding a way to be together.. I am from England and he is from California.

I was looking into going to school over there but it is proving to be very difficult.

Anyway, my fiance is currently at school and a small amount of income comes from his dad. We were woundering if his dad could be the affidavit of support? Also my fiance has low income financial aid for school which gives him a annual income for needs and also pays for his classes. Is this visa even possible for a low income person but with another person being affidavit of support. We really want to be together. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dad can be a joint sponsor. Dad's income would have to be enough to cover his household size plus the intending immigrant. See the I-864P link in my signature below to find the required 125% income amounts needed.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dad can be a joint sponsor. Dad's income would have to be enough to cover his household size plus the intending immigrant. See the I-864P link in my signature below to find the required 125% income amounts needed.

Thank you for your help, is there any additional information that needs to be included if someone other than my fiance would be affidavit of support?

Would this make our application more complicated or harder to be approved?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Both you and your dad will need to fill in a I-134, and provide all necessary documentation (tax filings, proof of salary etc). It should not complicate things, plenty of people have co-sponsors.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.