NeneSpark

Moscow: Issuing visa at embsasy day after interview???

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My husband had his interview today. Everything went fine, but my husband did not know he had the DHL slip in with all the papers so he said he didn't have it. So the interviewer told him to come back the next day at 10 with his passport, i.e. she gave him back his passport.

He called me from outside and I told him, you have the DHL slip! He went back inside and gave it to the interviewer, she thanked him and said "this helps a lot." He said, do you want my passport? She said no, come back tomorrow at 10.

He thinks she approved his visa but we're confused about why she didn't take his passport when he went back in with the dhl slip. At the end of his interview, she told him, I'm going to cancel your tourist visa because you're getting an immigration visa. However, she never said directly (or he didn't understand) congratultions, you visa is approved!

So we're confused! He thought she meant they would affix the visa tomorrow at 10. I have never heard of such a thing! Has anyone had a similar experience?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hello all,

My husband had his interview today. Everything went fine, but my husband did not know he had the DHL slip in with all the papers so he said he didn't have it. So the interviewer told him to come back the next day at 10 with his passport, i.e. she gave him back his passport.

He called me from outside and I told him, you have the DHL slip! He went back inside and gave it to the interviewer, she thanked him and said "this helps a lot." He said, do you want my passport? She said no, come back tomorrow at 10.

He thinks she approved his visa but we're confused about why she didn't take his passport when he went back in with the dhl slip. At the end of his interview, she told him, I'm going to cancel your tourist visa because you're getting an immigration visa. However, she never said directly (or he didn't understand) congratultions, you visa is approved!

So we're confused! He thought she meant they would affix the visa tomorrow at 10. I have never heard of such a thing! Has anyone had a similar experience?

you have me confused as well. If your hubby is going to travel immediately after the VISA appointment wouldn't he need the passport in hand?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

They didn't denied and to just come back tomorrow. Do thus and all will be fine.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yes, he went back in and they took his passport, put the visa in it, and gave it to him!

TaDa!!! Congrats.....(sri for the typing errors, fat fingers on the iPhone touchpad).

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.