Jerel and Maria

Transiting through Canada from US to Brazil

7 posts in this topic

My wife currently has her US Permanent Resident Card and we are traveling from Texas to Brazil via Toronto, Canada on Air Canada. Question is -- will their be a problem transiting through Canada with a US Permanent Resident Card? I didn't know if I should contact Air Canada or USCIS? Thanks!

Date of I-751 = 06/11/2012

NOA Date = 06/12/2012

Biometrics Appointment = 07/20/2012

RFE = 03/07/2013

Responded to RFE = 03/16/2013

Approved = 04/08/2013

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

LMGTFY...

In general, Brazilians need a visa even when in Canada during transit. However, your wife possesses a US Permanent Resident Card. All people who possess a valid US green card and have it in their possession are exempt from a visitor or transit visa.

Source: Canadian Immigration

Edited by K and L

I-129F Petition Mailed: 26 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA1: 27 Oct 2009 ♥ NOA2: 15 Jan 2010

K-1 VisaNVC: 22-27 Jan 2010 ♥ RdJ receipt: 1 Feb 2010 ♥ Packet 3/4: 12 Feb 2010 ♥ Interview: 4 May 2010

»-(¯`·.·´¯)-> Married (17 Aug 2010) <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«

AOS (I-485)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ To CSC: 20 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ RFE: 10 -16 Nov 2010 ♥ Approved: 18 Nov 2010

AP (I-131)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

EAD (I-765)Mailed: 21 Aug 2010 ♥ NOA: 2 Sept 2010 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Oct 2010 ♥ Approved: 20 Oct 2010

ROC (I-751)Mailed: 6 Nov 2012 ♥ NOA: 7 Nov 2012 ♥ Biometrics: 5 Dec 2012 ♥ Approved: 15 May 2013

Naturalization (N-400)Mailed: 03 August 2015 ♥ NOA: 07 August 2015 ♥ Biometrics: 3 Sept 2015 ♥ Interview: 13 Nov 2015 ♥ Oath: 8 Dec '15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is the list of countrys that require a visit visa or a transit visa to go through Canada. Brazil is listed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

With a US green card they will not need a visa.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Everyone, thank you for the replies! Good information to know before we purchase the ticket. Good to know we do not need an extra visa for transiting/connecting through Canada.

NOA Date = 06/12/2012

RFE = 03/07/2013

Approved = 04/08/2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife currently has her US Permanent Resident Card and we are traveling from Texas to Brazil via Toronto, Canada on Air Canada. Question is -- will their be a problem transiting through Canada with a US Permanent Resident Card? I didn't know if I should contact Air Canada or USCIS? Thanks!

Good Luck with your trip... I just want to add how amusing I find it that you have to fly north to canada, then back south to go to Brazil. What a crazy logistical system we live in :rofl:

Is that what we mean by going around our "butt" to get to our elbow???? :wow:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

We are planning our trip for the Christmas and New Year's holidays and the airlines (United/Continental, Delta and American) ticket prices out of DFW are 'very' expensive. Air Canada is the only reasonable choice ~ $1300 each vs. $1500 - 2000 each. I've flown Air Canada before to see my wife before she was in the states and got fouled up because the pilots flew to Dallas and ran out of hours to fly so had to wait for another crew which meant I missed my international connection. After arriving in Toronto Air Canada was very accomodating and rebooked me on the next flight that evening. Only bad deal was I was not properly prepared for the extremely cold weather and had to get a hotel room for the day.

NOA Date = 06/12/2012

RFE = 03/07/2013

Approved = 04/08/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.