Abril01

NVC a way station or the case has to get approved?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

Would someone be kind enough to clarify for me (K1) visa if at NVC they have to approve the case again, or if this is just a stopping point before our case is sent to the embassy? Little Confused :unsure:

Thank you much!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The service centres basically ship stacks of approved K-1 petitions to NVC, who then separate them and ship them to the appropriate consulate.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I know there are some more detailed threads that aussiewench will probably offer, but to let you know the process at the NVC is essentially that they assign your petition a new case number and run a handful of security checks before forwarding it to the consulate/embassy of the beneficiary. Unless there are any serious hits returned by the security checks this is generally a very short stop (commonly no more than a couple weeks, though frequently only a few days). Should for some reason there be a name match on the security checks, the case can be put into Administrative Processing which can take a considerable length of time. However, you can likely expect that your petition will be finished at the NVC and on its way to the consulate/embassy soon. Good luck!

-Eli-

Edited by Eli

K-1

March 24-06------I129F sent to NSC

March 27-06------NOA1

...5 Months of waiting b/c of IMBRA ridiculousness...

September 5-06--APPROVED!! 162 days!

September 09-06-Received NOA2

January 03-07----Medical and Interview in Vancouver - APPROVED!! 285 days from filing!

January 04-07----POE at Vancouver Int'l Airport

January 12-07----Wedding Day!

AOS & EAD

February 20-07---AOS, EAD sent to Chicago

February 27-07---NOA1

March 15-07------Biometrics Appointment

May 09-07------AOS Interview - Approved pending new sponsor.

June 11-07-------Approved & Green Card Issued

Removal of Conditions

May 11-09--------I-751 Sent via FedEx Overnight

May 15-09--------Receipt date on I-797

June 16-09-------Change of Address Confirmed

...one giant address change/biometrics fuxxup later...

July 28-09--------Biometrics taken (walk-in)

July 29-09--------Touched :)

August 13-09---APPROVAL EMAIL!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Both Cassie and Ellei are correct, the NVC simply gives your case a new number which the embassy will use and then ships them to the appropriate Embassies or Consulates.

I know there are some more detailed threads that aussiewench will probably offer, but to let you know the process at the NVC is essentially that they assign your petition a new case number and run a handful of security checks before forwarding it to the consulate/embassy of the beneficiary. Unless there are any serious hits returned by the security checks this is generally a very short stop (commonly no more than a couple weeks, though frequently only a few days). Should for some reason there be a name match on the security checks, the case can be put into Administrative Processing which can take a considerable length of time. However, you can likely expect that your petition will be finished at the NVC and on its way to the consulate/embassy soon. Good luck!

-Eli-

3/21/06 I-129F sent to NSC

3/24/06 NOA1

3/28/06 Touched

6/1/06 Case transfered to California Office

6/2/06 Touched

6/3/06 Touched

6/9/06 Received 2nd letter from NSC telling me that my case as been transefered

6/14/06 Received 3 emails today saying that CSC has my application

6/15/06 Touched

6/16/06 Touched

6/17/06 Touched again

7/3/06 Received RFE today in mail along with 2 emails

7/3/06 Touched

7/6/06 RFE received in California

7/13/06 Received email saying RFE had been received

7/31/06 Received (3) emails saying my application has been approved

8/1/06 Touched (hopefully that means that my application has been mailed to NVC

8/15/06 NVC mailed application to Bogota

8/25/06 Luisa received Packet 3 from Embasssy!

8/28/06 Luisa hand delivers Packet 3 to Embassy!

9/6/06 Luisa receieved Packet 4 from Embassy

9/18/06 Medical Exams

10/3/06 Interview Date!!!

10/4/06 Have Visa in Hand!!

10/16/06 Return to EEUU

01/06/07 Married..... Now trying to complete the EOS stuff!!!

07/02/07 Green Card Interview, we were approved!! Now we wait for the actual card!!

07/18/07 Recieved Green Card in the mail!! Yippeee!!!

Carl y Luisa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

-Eli-

this is my understanding too... but to diffierentiate the security/name checks done...

on the service center level the petitioner is the one being checked (i.e. the IMBRA questionnaire)... while on the NVC level, it is the beneficiary being checked.

I'm sure the more experienced VJ'ers can help.

Gen

-Eli-

this is my understanding too... but to diffierentiate the security/name checks done...

on the service center level the petitioner is the one being checked (i.e. the IMBRA questionnaire)... while on the NVC level, it is the beneficiary being checked.

Gen

Background security checks are conducted on both the beneficiary and the petitioner at service center level. This has always happened even pre-IMBRA. Background/security checks can also be conducted on anyone connected to the petition....even a lawyer. IMBRA is just an added component.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

-Eli-

Gen

Background security checks are conducted on both the beneficiary and the petitioner at service center level. This has always happened even pre-IMBRA. Background/security checks can also be conducted on anyone connected to the petition....even a lawyer. IMBRA is just an added component.

Thank you for clarifying. I read that somewhere though.

And allow me to thank you for all the other information you give. You give this site the credibility of being a very good immigration reference site for those in the process.

:star:

Gen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.