Joan >3 Bob

Online Manila Hotel Reservations

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone just recently made any hotel reservations online for Manila? I have attempted to and receive NO response from any of the hotels I have tried. I tried the booking page on the hotel web site and also have followed up to the hotels email address and receive NO reply from either.

My last trip (2 years ago) I went to the hotel web site and filled out the booking page and clicked send. I then received within 12 hours a reply and confirmation. I have tried this many times in the past 4 days and also sent some hotels 4 times but NO Replies.

What I have noticed this time that was not there for any previous trip, was a link on the hotel website "Reserve Now...with instant confirmation" Clicking on this link brings you to the url http://reservations.directwithhotels.com This link asks for all the specific reservation information and asks for a credit card and charges your card 10% of the reserved room stay which is applied to your total hotel bill upon checkin. Could it be possible that most all hotels in Manila now use this reservation service and just have neglected to remove the hotel booking page on their web site?

the reservation link I noticed after sending my post should have been http://reservations.directwithhotels.com

Sorry about this link not working if any of you readers have clicked on it. This is a service to hotels and a person must be on a hotel website and click on the link to get to the reservation page. When U do this..in your address bar it shows up as what i have posted above. So to see exactly what I am talking about you must go to a hotel web site and click on the "Reserve Now with instant confirmation" link.

have you tried hotels.com or expedia?

No because in the past I have always compared these sites and have got a cheaper rate from the specific hotel web site.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I dont know if this helps but this is the site i use and I have not had any problems and the rates are usually lower then hotel site and expedia http://www.asiahotels.com/

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

i booked my hotels through agoda.com and the price was pretty good. It did charge 10% to make the reservation, and I paid in cash (Pesos) once I got to the hotel. The last time I used this service was over a year ago though....feb 2010.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

I booked hotel reservations for my Fiancee through Agoda -They have great discounted deals and is very reliable . I used their service many times when going to the Pi. I received confirmaion immediately .All my Fiancee had to do was print out the Voucher and show to the Hotel .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone just recently made any hotel reservations online for Manila? I have attempted to and receive NO response from any of the hotels I have tried. I tried the booking page on the hotel web site and also have followed up to the hotels email address and receive NO reply from either.

My last trip (2 years ago) I went to the hotel web site and filled out the booking page and clicked send. I then received within 12 hours a reply and confirmation. I have tried this many times in the past 4 days and also sent some hotels 4 times but NO Replies.

What I have noticed this time that was not there for any previous trip, was a link on the hotel website "Reserve Now...with instant confirmation" Clicking on this link brings you to the url http://reservations.directwithhotels.com This link asks for all the specific reservation information and asks for a credit card and charges your card 10% of the reserved room stay which is applied to your total hotel bill upon checkin. Could it be possible that most all hotels in Manila now use this reservation service and just have neglected to remove the hotel booking page on their web site?

Uhhmm... Why wont you call that hotel you chose first and see if they confirmed your reservation? When my fiance' booked a hotel for me before through agoda, that hotel sent me an email of confirmation but then I called them also to make sure/verify.

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

I thank all of you for your information. This morning I received a reply finally from 2 of the 4 hotels I had sent 3 to 4 emails to. I will check out the 2 reservation sites recommended (agoda and asian hotels.com). There vare still a couple hotels that have not replied...business must be good in the hotel business in Manila to ignore reservation requests like this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.