guiad

Change of Address

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I are filing for a K-1 visa. I will be completing the I-129F this weekend and sending it off this week. However, I'm concerned with a couple fields in the petition, specifically the field where it asks for the US address at which the fiance intends to live.

I really don't have an answer for that because I'll be moving from Reno, NV to New York City and I don't know at this point where I'll be living. Once I have moved and find a new address, I intend to sent a change of address notification.

Does anyone think this will cause issues? What should I put in those fields?

I will be calling USCIS tomorrow to find some answers but hoped to get some real feedback from the people who actually go through this process. The government always seem to give canned, generalized responses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I would put the address where you currently live then do a change of address if you move during the K-1 process. The address I put for my fiance is not where we will ultimately be living, but he will live at that address for about the first month after he comes.

For now -just put your current address and when you move --just call and chage it or there is a form for the Us petitioner to use to change the address. This is required since they send the hardcopy of NOA1, NOA2 and other correspondence to an address.

I did not change my address , but I had a change of address for my fiancee. I did it when I was the NVC stage .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

If you know for sure that you will be living somewhere else by the time your fiancee comes over, then you could answer B(14) entirely truthfully: somewhere in New York City (because I am moving).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We had the same situation. Just put your current address and then change it when you move. For us, we put his folks address in Alaska and then changed it once my K1 was at the UK embassy. (and we had a Vermont address). I took a copy of the change notice to my interview but I was not asked about where I planned on living so I did not need it.

Good luck! I am sure many people have this issue...some people meet when one still lives in the US and the other moves to them but others (like mt husband and I) applied for a K1 while moving back to the US from my country. Just each have copies of any changes made in case you need it.

Helen

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.