Locombiano

Evidence of bona fide relationship affidavits

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am looking at my i-130 application instructions and see the suggestion to send in affidavits from friends, family, etc. stating knowledge of my relationship with my wife. It doesn't say that they must be notarized. Anybody have advice on this? Can I just print out the affidavits, have them signed by the person, and include them in my package? Any examples of affidavits (templates)?

Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How did you guys get married, if you guys had a social function(tons of picture from the event) or you had a civil marriage or traditional marriage and later obtained marrige certificate, you dont have to do the affidavits.

Normally affidavits are for ppl who claiming to be spouse under common law or someone who never got the marriage registered so affidavits from friends and family support their claim of marriage.

we sent affidavits from people that were at the wedding. They were notorized. I dont know that we needed the affidavits, but we decided to send them just in case since we didnt have much other evidence because we had just gotten married a month or so prior to submitting the I-130.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

How did you guys get married, if you guys had a social function(tons of picture from the event) or you had a civil marriage or traditional marriage and later obtained marrige certificate, you dont have to do the affidavits.

We had a civil marriage but dressed in traditional wedding wear. I'm enclosing pics of that plus after party pics at her house with family in addition to those of us on regular days. I think I will skip the affidavits.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

We had a civil marriage but dressed in traditional wedding wear. I'm enclosing pics of that plus after party pics at her house with family in addition to those of us on regular days. I think I will skip the affidavits.

i just got a rfe and one of the things they wanted was affidavits..just trying to save u a rfe and hassle later on:) i like you sent a bunch of pics and wasn't enough..we had traditional, and civil weddings..and pics with family..good luck with your journey!!

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

i just got a rfe and one of the things they wanted was affidavits..just trying to save u a rfe and hassle later on:) i like you sent a bunch of pics and wasn't enough..we had traditional, and civil weddings..and pics with family..good luck with your journey!!

thanks for the advice. I'm seeing your timeline and wondering, maybe they asked for more info from you because you guys met in person and then married so quickly? I can tell the waiting process for this will be stressful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I think it depends on your circumstances what uscis will expect. If you have been married for like 10yrs, I doubt they will care about photos etc..probably co-mingling of finances would be more appropriate. If you met and married shortly after, then proof of ongoing relationship, affidavits, photos, boarding passes, chat logs, phone bills...those are more what they would would look for. Just my common sense opinion. I sent 2 letters of affidavit from our best man & maid of honor that they wrote themselves, not notarized...however, we have not been approved yet, so do what works for you. I couldn't find anything in the instructions that said they had to be notarized...just certain info that needed to be included in the letters.

Married Sept.3,2010

02/11/2011: I130 Sent

02/21/2011: NOA1

06/22/2011: NOA2

06/30/2011: NVC

07/05/2011: DS-3032 email received

07/05/2011: DS-3032 emailed

07/06/2011: AOS Bill received

07/06/2011: AOS Fee Paid

07/09/2011: I864 Sent

07/11/2011: IV Fee Bill received

08/30/2011: IV Fee Paid

09/30/2011: IV Pkg Sent

10/24/2011: RFE (we dragged our feet from here on)

(forget all this for now, let's go on holiday!)

03/13/2012: NVC CASE COMPLETE!!

04/05/2012: Received interview appt email

06/22/2012: Medical @ Knightsbridge

06/29/2012: Interview 8am-Result: Pending

??/??/????: I601 Filed at Lock-Box

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Marju's girl....... As for me, it sounds like i going the same path of yours. In my case, i filed for K-3 Visa and I-130 back in November 10, 2011 and so far, the only update i have was back in march 16, 2011. I contacted them couple weeks ago and got an e-mail saying that my case is under extensive back ground check and have to wait for 6 months...I wonder do they touch those files once and throw them in the file cabinet or review them every month?.....I wonder how often do they go through the same file???? I think, as long as you filed back in November and did the background check first and finally asked u for RFE, do you think I will be going throug the same routine??

As for me, I, together with my wife travelled to Germany and France recently, should I keep copy of airline tickets, pics and hotel reciepts toooo?

the last question is when was the last update on your file and how did you hear about a background check on your case...

Look 4ward 2 hear from u......

Edited by livetolove

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.