one...two...tree

US Has Fourth-Highest Income Inequality Rate in the World

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A recent report issued by Paris' Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development analyzes the countries around the world with the highest income inequality rate, per capita. And guess where the United States sits? At number four -- right after Chile, Mexico and Turkey. Given our country's unemployment rate -- noted today to have jumped unexpectedly last week --compared to our proportion of billionaires (of the richest people on the planet, the US claims four of the top ten), this doesn't come as a huge surprise. But it does underscore what happens to a country in which the wealthy live on the backs of the poor -- for evidence, check these Mother Jones charts that illustrate why Congress is friendlier to Wall Street than Main Street.

List below; read more at the Huffington Post.

Highest Income inequality Rates in the World

1. Chile

2. Mexico

3. Turkey

4. United States

5. Israel

6. Portugal

7. United Kingdom

8. Italy

9. Australia

10. New Zealand

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I believe people should have the CHOICE to fashion their nation as they see fit and not be lectured to by DFH's like you.

Do you believe in CHOICE, Steven? I don't think you do. I do, though. CHOICE is great. Goooo CHOICE!

Having a concentration of wealth into a few takes away true choice.

:unsure: that can't be right, given that officially 40% of India is BPL (translation--unofficially this can be read as 70%).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A recent report issued by Paris' Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development analyzes the countries around the world with the highest income inequality rate, per capita. And guess where the United States sits? At number four -- right after Chile, Mexico and Turkey. Given our country's unemployment rate -- noted today to have jumped unexpectedly last week --compared to our proportion of billionaires (of the richest people on the planet, the US claims four of the top ten), this doesn't come as a huge surprise. But it does underscore what happens to a country in which the wealthy live on the backs of the poor -- for evidence, check these Mother Jones charts that illustrate why Congress is friendlier to Wall Street than Main Street.

List below; read more at the Huffington Post.

1. Chile

2. Mexico

3. Turkey

4. United States

5. Israel

6. Portugal

7. United Kingdom

8. Italy

9. Australia

10. New Zealand

I'm not quite sure what metric they used to measure income inequality, but I find it hard to believe that Russia didn't make the list.

Filed: Timeline

1. Chile

2. Mexico

3. Turkey

4. United States

5. Israel

6. Portugal

7. United Kingdom

8. Italy

9. Australia

10. New Zealand

It's all them tired, hungry, and poor that keep showing up at the door. Maybe we can start recommending Canada to them. :blink:

How so? It absolutely doesn't. It just puts a lot of choice into a few hands while leaving the rest with the choice to either like it or not.

You and I have all the same choices as anyone else. However I dont have a lear to jump into anytime I want. Sounds more like a bad case of envy to me. Get over it!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Unfckin believable. Im sitting here on my PC reading this foolishness on VJ and what happens? I look up and this twenty something guy is standing at my door. I ask "what can I do for ya" He says "My girl friend and I are living down the street and we ran out of gas and we dont have any money, do you have a couple dollars for gas?" "I dont usually do this kind of thing but Im desperate." "We just bought an Escalade and its hell on gas." I looked at him and said "you are driving an Escalade and your asking me for fckin money for gas?" He says "I know ,right" I said "sell the caddy and get a yugo" No man I aint got no money.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Unfckin believable. Im sitting here on my PC reading this foolishness on VJ and what happens? I look up and this twenty something guy is standing at my door. I ask "what can I do for ya" He says "My girl friend and I are living down the street and we ran out of gas and we dont have any money, do you have a couple dollars for gas?" "I dont usually do this kind of thing but Im desperate." "We just bought an Escalade and its hell on gas." I looked at him and said "you are driving an Escalade and your asking me for fckin money for gas?" He says "I know ,right" I said "sell the caddy and get a yugo" No man I aint got no money.

You have an interesting way of making up stories to attempt to make a point.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

You have an interesting way of making up stories to attempt to make a point.

Im serious as hell. I will go down the street see if I can get a photo of them.

― Andrew Wilkow