Together4ever

The state of the ME/NA forum

138 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

while some poeple are still taking pride in being mean b*tches then it is almost impossible for everyone to get along..... I think it will take a long time for the regional forum to recover from the group who have made it there hate place....

Very sad

Kezzie

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the reason I have gone from posting to occasional reading and replying to the PM's I get. I find it embarassing. We all disagree from time to time, but the disagreements now include personal attacks - on character, on mental health, on the validity of a person's relationship, revealing private information exchanged in PM's. VP and I have had our disagreements but we never have gotten personal with one another and have maintained a respect for each other that is not compromised by our religious differences, and we always sincerely wish each other the best. You can debate a topic without attacking the person.

Instead of one person responding, there is a gang mentality that has developed, with the cheering section throwing in their pics and one-liners to fuel things on.

One other thing I would like to add, if someone has said something in the past that you found stupid/disagreed with, isn't it possible to move on? I see Shon in particular repeatedly getting attacked for things in the past and the cheering section jumping in with their one-liners. She cannot post without the contingent pouncing, bringing up her previous marriages and things she has said/done long ago. Let it go, move on. Most of us have said/done things in the past.

With Ramadan approaching, spending less time here has been beneficial.

Peace to everyone!

Rebecca

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

"As for the "MEAN GIRLS," at first it was slightly comical, I do admit, but now I DO NOT want that title. "

Me too! I think the name needs to go...

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

I agree 100%..I have done my best to try to keep the peace in some of the "gripe-fest" threads and there's just no doing it. I am only staying to help those who need the help. I came to VJ when all was right with all and we talked about the process and helped others with their upcoming processes. This place used to be my only place to vent and ask for advice and now no matter what is said, it just gets flamed (except by the few girls/guys who are decent and you know who you are) I want to say that ...to anybody I've extended my email to or yahoo id to, I was serious when i gave those to you...I want to be able to talk to ppl who can actually have a conversation and a decent debate without being nasty. :) If u happened to delete my email...i'll give it to you again, just ask.... that's my 2 cents worth...

I hope we can learn how to have decent debates between us and realize that everything we say here is a reflection on Islam (since most ppl associate Islam with the Middle East) We're not setting a very good example by arguing like this..... I'm just sick... :crying::(

edited to say...even i got caught up in the hooplah at one time...but had to step back and realize what example i'm setting........

ok..i'm done now

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline
I agree 100%..I have done my best to try to keep the peace in some of the "gripe-fest" threads and there's just no doing it. I am only staying to help those who need the help. I came to VJ when all was right with all and we talked about the process and helped others with their upcoming processes. This place used to be my only place to vent and ask for advice and now no matter what is said, it just gets flamed (except by the few girls/guys who are decent and you know who you are) I want to say that ...to anybody I've extended my email to or yahoo id to, I was serious when i gave those to you...I want to be able to talk to ppl who can actually have a conversation and a decent debate without being nasty. :) If u happened to delete my email...i'll give it to you again, just ask.... that's my 2 cents worth...

I hope we can learn how to have decent debates between us and realize that everything we say here is a reflection on Islam (since most ppl associate Islam with the Middle East) We're not setting a very good example by arguing like this..... I'm just sick... :crying::(

edited to say...even i got caught up in the hooplah at one time...but had to step back and realize what example i'm setting........

ok..i'm done now

habibti you don't know how happy I was when I seen your little post in the foreign embassy section sooo long ago. :luv:

You know I stepped away from the ME/NA forum and you know why. No reason to restate it. I do come to VJ now for information instead of the social aspect I had enjoyed before. However, the sh*t slinging and gleeful insults are becoming hard to avoid as they seem to meander through several threads now.

Do you women understand the destruction you leave in your wake? Do you know new members as well as some veterans have left me private messages stating they won't even post because of those who insist on carrying on like this? They're afraid to. VisaJourney is a forum meant to help people and your personal agendas are slowly undermining this website.

Now I realize there are some who feel the whole "mean girl" thing is cute. It's become repulsive and embarassing. It has turned into the laughing stock of VJ and it appears you now even want a logo for it??? Insane. Why do I care? I care because months ago I took these women (YOU) sharing a common struggle with SOs in a common culture as family. At one time we shared a lot of support here. Yep, it was my own fault however. Not blaming anyone but myself.

I realize I have no authority and its not my business, but I also care about VJ and since everyone else can fan any opinion they have here without any level of personal responsibility, so shall I. Straighten up ladies. You're adults. This is a public forum meant for support and information. If you can't conduct yourselves in a decent manner I WISH TO GOD YOU WOULD TAKE THIS PRIVATE and stop muddying up this board.

Do you realize I tried to do a search last night for information. One of the keywords I used pulled up nothing but endless threads of your catty bickering. Do you realize how many people, not even VJ members are reading your twaddle???? Are you proud of this??? Its out there on the internet now! Its representative of VJ. I'm not proud of things I've said here in the past for just this very reason. It will always stand as a testament to my weaker moments and I'm personally ashamed of it. Aren't YOU? Please just try to remember you are not the only one's on this forum. If I wanted a shallow, childish and downright stupid display of lack deceny I would go sit in a Yahoo chatroom... NOT VJ.

And for you flamers who I know will jump all over me now... remember I stated that I have made these same mistakes in the past. At least I'm willing to take responsibility for my actions. I hope you will too.

:thumbs: very nice my dear

(((((((((((((((( huggg ))))))))))))))))))))

shon.gif

ok..i'm done now

habibti you don't know how happy I was when I seen your little post in the foreign embassy section sooo long ago. :luv:

You and Jacque were 2 of the first ppl (that dealt with Jordan) that could relate with me when I first joined this place (angel, I think we joined around the same time)...I'm so happy to see you both are still here..coz it wouldn't be the same without you.

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

given some of the stuff i've seen in mena, i think the following seals might be better:

sealfight.gif

sealkungfu.gif

sealunhappy.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I think a good start to getting the MENA forum back to the way it used to be would be moving these threads that get out of hand to off-topic.

Suggest that to Ewok. I suspect he will give the idea serious consideration.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.