Danno

We are Democrats .. and we're against gay marriage

168 posts in this topic

One of you guys is HAL, Ewok has visited all three profile pages, Zero Sum's and HAL's at the same time, Vi-Jay a few days later. One of you pm me the secret word to clear this up. And the real HAL also knows that his secret will be safe. And only the real HAL will understand that. :devil: :devil: Right HAL?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Here is some more common sense. :star:

Same sex marriage is a game changing stepping stone and it is not the end game. :no:

Some more educational reading

I'm a little busy today but I will up some more reading material later. :yes:

You mean its bad to teach tolerance of the gheys too? Or is that fear also inclusive of the gheys making sure teachers indoctrinate good little heterosexual children to also play and kiss with other kids of their own gender? Or is that your only fear?

Reparations

Reparations for gays and lesbians in the United States were first proposed by Robert DeKoven, a professor at California Western School of Law in San Diego.[28] DeKoven cited the examples of the European Court of Human Rights as a model. New York University Professor and lawyer Jacob Appel was the first pundit to champion such a cause in a mainstream media outlet.[29] However, such proposals remain highly controversial

I suggest researching Mr. Dekoven and some of his work. :yes:

I wonder what he has to say about same sex marriage in the grand scheme? :unsure:

I wonder why he thinks reparations haven't been granted already? :unsure:

My question for those that support Same Sex Marriage; Are you ready to fund the Gay Civil Rights Movement? :unsure:

Seems a bit silly and not what I would consider to be mainstream gay rights objectives.

I guess you have to visit the idea of what the Gay Civil Rights Movement is before getting into reparations.

Maybe what they really want is a piece of Vi-Jay's rear end.

You mean its bad to teach tolerance of the gheys too? Or is that fear also inclusive of the gheys making sure teachers indoctrinate good little heterosexual children to also play and kiss with other kids of their own gender? Or is that your only fear?

How 'bout we stop playing symantecs? :wacko:

You obviously did not read through the site huh? :unsure:

Let me state it again. I try to make it real clear for you. :yes:

I support gay rights. :thumbs: I don't care if they get married or not. :no: Their choice not mine. :yes:

Don't ask the country to fund a gay rights civil movement. :( but I THINK (see how I used the word think instead of fear?) they will and that sucks! :(

Seems a bit silly and not what I would consider to be mainstream gay rights objectives.

I guess you have to visit the idea of what the Gay Civil Rights Movement is before getting into reparations.

Maybe what they really want is a piece of Vi-Jay's rear end.

They want a piece of your azz too. In the form of enormous amounts of tax funding. :yes:

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

Timeline

How 'bout we stop playing symantecs? :wacko:

You obviously did not read through the site huh? :unsure:

Let me state it again. I try to make it real clear for you. :yes:

I support gay rights. :thumbs: I don't care if they get married or not. :no: Their choice not mine. :yes:

Don't ask the country to fund a gay rights civil movement. :( but I THINK (see how I used the word think instead of fear?) they will and that sucks! :(

They want a piece of your azz too. In the form of enormous amounts of tax funding. :yes:

Dude... tax-funded gay rights movement?

Share some of that LSD :rofl:

FWIW I'm not labeling you a homophobe, if it makes you feel better.

But like I said, its all about what's mainstream and what isn't. A Tax-Funded Gay Civil Rights Movement. :lol:

Even if possible... and logical... it would mean enough support for such a movement would have to exist to demand it. And if this were the case, would not the issues being fought for be addressed to the likely satisfaction of the beneficiaries of this movement? Ummm... yeah.

Lets entertain your notion though. It gets funded. Then what?

I'll tell you what:

You will be more afraid than you ever where before.

They will come to get you- not being satisfied with the rights they've wanted all along. They will want a piece of heterosexual rear ends; animals too. [/hyperbole]

Dude... tax-funded gay rights movement?

Share some of that LSD :rofl:

FWIW I'm not labeling you a homophobe, if it makes you feel better.

But like I said, its all about what's mainstream and what isn't. A Tax-Funded Gay Civil Rights Movement. :lol:

Even if possible... and logical... it would mean enough support for such a movement would have to exist to demand it. And if this were the case, would not the issues being fought for be addressed to the likely satisfaction of the beneficiaries of this movement? Ummm... yeah.

Lets entertain your notion though. It gets funded. Then what?

I'll tell you what:

You will be more afraid than you ever where before.

They will come to get you- not being satisfied with the rights they've wanted all along. They will want a piece of heterosexual rear ends; animals too. [/hyperbole]

I'm not a Constitution expert. Paul would do a much better job of explaining why "Marriage" makes a difference.

I'm not a homophobe. :no: I'm a lawyer-phobe. :yes:

Try to connect the dots. :idea:

Timeline

I'm not a Constitution expert. Paul would do a much better job of explaining why "Marriage" makes a difference.

I'm not a homophobe. :no: I'm a lawyer-phobe. :yes:

Try to connect the dots. :idea:

Not even a reason to go as far as constitutional law. If its a legal statute you want, we can talk about civil rights law. And that is something that changes over time as people get less and less phobic ( = fearful ) about diverse social scenarios within the social construct that is society. Slippery slopes aside, homosexuality is something that has been with humanity since its inception. What has changed are many of the attitudes towards it. Time to update those laws to be non-discriminatory. No tax-supported civil rights movement needed. :lol:

Timeline

That's an oxymoron. :whistle:

Indeed, like your entire premise that its a mainstream gay rights movement goal.

(it isn't, or it sure doesn't seem to be... like I mentioned already)

Indeed, like your entire premise that its a mainstream gay rights movement goal.

(it isn't, or it sure doesn't seem to be... like I mentioned already)

OK. :whistle:

You obviously didn't do any reading. The LGBT community makes no secret about the agenda. :no:

So just sit back and watch the events unfold. B-)

Timeline

OK. :whistle:

You obviously didn't do any reading. The LGBT community makes no secret about the agenda. :no:

So just sit back and watch the events unfold. B-)

That they want their rights? Or that they, as a whole, want you and me and them to fund their rights campaign? How silly could you get to think 1) the logical sequence falls apart and 2) its a mainstream effort and 3) its an agenda at all?

Weird dude... really weird... but that's the problem with generalizing so much.

That they want their rights? Or that they, as a whole, want you and me and them to fund their rights campaign? How silly could you get to think 1) the logical sequence falls apart and 2) its a mainstream effort and 3) its an agenda at all?

Weird dude... really weird... but that's the problem with generalizing so much.

1. They want their rights to be "Civil Rights". :yes:

2. gov is already funding Gay rights lawyers. Do you read? :blink:

3. They want more gov $$ to fund the "LGBT Civil Rights Movement". :yes:

4. They also want reparations. :yes:

Where does the $$$ come from? :whistle:

How does Same Sex Marriage play into the argument? Read up and learn for yourself. :whistle:

I need to go, my wife wants my attention. :star:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Timeline

1. They want their rights to be "Civil Rights". :yes:

2. gov is already funding Gay rights lawyers. Do you read? :blink:

3. They want more gov $$ to fund the "LGBT Civil Rights Movement". :yes:

4. They also want reparations. :yes:

Where does the $$$ come from? :whistle:

How does Same Sex Marriage play into the argument? Read up and learn for yourself. :whistle:

I need to go, my wife wants my attention. :star:

They... all? :lol:

That's like saying all Republicans are racists.