Danno

We are Democrats .. and we're against gay marriage

168 posts in this topic

Well then let them live their lives with the same rights as everyone else without trying to impose your fears unto them... that will drive them to fight for their rights. ;)

Do some research. :whistle:

Even influential Gay activists have stated that a major road block to getting gay marriage legalized is the existing civil rights war being waged. :yes:

Be Shrewd! Be Astute and be aware who's watching ya!

I think Vi-Jay is HAL.

Is it because you'd rather see them taxed at the higher single's rate than at the married rate? :lol:

If that's the case and you're not a homophobe, then we all need to be taxed at the same rate. Stand up against homophobia in taxation!

Reread my OP. Give them the married rate. No prob with that. :thumbs:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Do some research. :whistle:

Even influential Gay activists have stated that a major road block to getting gay marriage legalized is the existing civil rights war being waged. :yes:

This is gay rights we're talking about right? What fear was that you had?

Will Vi-Jay be required to kiss the gheys on the street?

Well, then all that's left to do is grow that pair of peas into a pair of nuts and you won't be so fearful anymore.

Done talking with you. You're a flamer not a debater.

A "master-baiter". :yes:

Timeline

Reread my OP. Give them the married rate. No prob with that. :thumbs:

So what was the problem with civil rights then?

What exactly bothers you about Mike and Steve getting married?

This is gay rights we're talking about right? What fear was that you had?

Will Vi-Jay be required to kiss the gheys on the street?

I see you didn't make the cut too huh? :yes:

Come back when your finished jerking off and actually have an argument. :whistle:

Timeline

If there is a civil rights war going on regarding this issue, its exactly because people that are afraid of Mike and Steve getting married (due to their homophobia) oppose, legally, Mike and Steve's right to get married. Get out of their way, and the rights 'war' also gets out of the way.

Common Sense.

Money over what's right. You have the morals of a pirate.

That makes me think you agree there is a possibility gay marriage could lead to a civil rights movement? :unsure:

Furthermore, you think a gay civil rights movement would be a good thing? :unsure:

Just asking, not baiting. :innocent:

Perhaps I shouldn't be concerned 'bout the enormous cost to the country resulting from a gay civil rights movement? :unsure:

Because if I don't like it, that makes me a pirate? :unsure:

Edited by Vi-Jay

If there is a civil rights war going on regarding this issue, its exactly because people that are afraid of Mike and Steve getting married (due to their homophobia) oppose, legally, Mike and Steve's right to get married. Get out of their way, and the rights 'war' also gets out of the way.

Common Sense.

Here is some more common sense. :star:

Same sex marriage is a game changing stepping stone and it is not the end game. :no:

Some more educational reading

I'm a little busy today but I will up some more reading material later. :yes:

Edited by Vi-Jay

Reparations

Reparations for gays and lesbians in the United States were first proposed by Robert DeKoven, a professor at California Western School of Law in San Diego.[28] DeKoven cited the examples of the European Court of Human Rights as a model. New York University Professor and lawyer Jacob Appel was the first pundit to champion such a cause in a mainstream media outlet.[29] However, such proposals remain highly controversial

I suggest researching Mr. Dekoven and some of his work. :yes:

I wonder what he has to say about same sex marriage in the grand scheme? :unsure:

I wonder why he thinks reparations haven't been granted already? :unsure:

My question for those that support Same Sex Marriage; Are you ready to fund the Gay Civil Rights Movement? :unsure: