KaylaDeann

How do I know when our file has gotten to the consulate?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiance is from england and we received our approval on the 25th of april. We know that it has been to the NVC and has left as of may 3rd but how do we know when the consulate in London has received the file?

Timeline

Hi all,

My fiance is from england and we received our approval on the 25th of april. We know that it has been to the NVC and has left as of may 3rd but how do we know when the consulate in London has received the file?

call this number 09042450100, this direct you to Us embassy in London. but u have to know your case number and infromation from your fiance like hi address and bday. I did the same and i found out that they sent my packet 3 to my address already. hope this help=)

Timeline

call this number 09042450100, this direct you to Us embassy in London. but u have to know your case number and infromation from your fiance like hi address and bday. I did the same and i found out that they sent my packet 3 to my address already. hope this help=)

That number is very expensive, the state department have all the information. In my case I knew the embassy had the NVC file from State department, and when I called embassy to confirm, they had no record. They gave me an email code, so I emailed the embassy, and they confirmed they had it.

The embassy computer used by receptionist over the phone is not up-to-date with system used by processing team.The state department see the up=to-date information.

Edited by Paul and Elizabet

Hi all,

The consulate will send a letter to your fiance telling him they are ready to receive his visa application. That's the official way you will know. Or you can make all those phone calls if you can't wait for the letter.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I'm also waiting for packet 3 but haven't heard anything for almost 2 weeks now. I called 09042450100 but its so expensive plus whenever I called the line was always engaged so i lost money for nothing!!!

Try emailing or calling State. We had to call the embassy because the mail service in Ukraine is so bad that the packet Vika needed might never have come. I think the UK has no issue there. To answer your question though, you will ahve to hear from or contact the embassy/consulate to make sure they have your file from NVC. Don't worry if there is a lag, as the busier embassies take some time to register all the files they receive.

Edited by Brad and Vika

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

put in the reference number, which is the date it was sent:

example ours is: EXP 11 MAY 2011A

i see you say it left NVC May3....so yours will be EXP 03 MAY 2011A (maybe try 02 MAY or 04 MAY?).

then it should be able to find a package where the destination is London, England.

but my guess is that it has been delivered if they shipped it around the time you say.

July 7 i will arrive in Atlanta -> Chattanooga. I'm so excited !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

put in the reference number, which is the date it was sent:

example ours is: EXP 11 MAY 2011A

i see you say it left NVC May3....so yours will be EXP 03 MAY 2011A (maybe try 02 MAY or 04 MAY?).

then it should be able to find a package where the destination is London, England.

but my guess is that it has been delivered if they shipped it around the time you say.

Thank you for the Info Martin., helped me as well. I found mine on 5/12 delivered to London

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.