Daniel B

AOS Interview coming up!!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey VJ,

I have my interview coming up on June 9. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me to prepare myself. We are both very nervous and just want all to go well. Thank yall!

Daniel and Ericka

Dec. 2009-Was introduced to who is now my wife

Mar. 2010-Started our relationship

July. 2010-She left to return back to Mexico

Nov. 18 2010- Entered US on B1/B2 visa

Jan. 2011-Got engaged

Mar. 5 2011-Got married in South carolina

Mar. 19 2011-Filed I-485, I-130, I-795

Mar. 21 2011- E-notification receiving of all forms

Apr. 1 2011- Went to civil surgeon for form I-693

Apr. 2 2011- Received NOA1 for all forms

Apr. 4 2011- Went back to receive form I-693

Apr. 4 2011- E-notification for a RFE on I-495

Apr. 6 2011- Received biometrics appointment date

Apr. 11 2011- Received RFE via mail.

Apr. 11 2011- Mailed out supporting documents needed for RFE.

Apr. 28 2011- Biometrics appointment in Norfolk, VA

May 10 2011- Received notice in mail for interview

May 21 2011- EAD approved!!

Jun 1 2011- received EAD card in the mail

Jun. 9 2011- Interview date for I-485

Jun. 9 2011- I-130 and I-485 approved!!!!!!!

Jun. 23 2011- Green card production via E-notification!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

Just wanted to respond and let you know that I wish you luck on your interview. I had my interview on May 3rd and got my Greencard Approved! I am waiting it in the mail now. I was very nervous prior to the interview including months prior. The amount of anxiety was ridiculous and the assuming the worst was bad too. I will tell you that in hindsight I worried too much and lost sleep for no reason. It was easier than I thought and I created unnecessary stress for me and my husband. As long as you prepare for the interview and your marriage is legitimate it should be fine. Remember they are looking for marriage fraud and that is all. I know it is easier said than done but try to trust that everything will be fine and prepare based on the checklist you received and you will be fine. My husband and I were out of there pretty fast and we couldn't believe how well the interview went. I know it is not easy and I think it is normal to worry because this is your lives at stake but know that as long as everything is legitimate you will be fine. Trust and be prepared that is the advice I give you. If you have any questions about anything I would be happy to help. Take care!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey VJ,

I have my interview coming up on June 9. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me to prepare myself. We are both very nervous and just want all to go well. Thank yall!

Daniel and Ericka

Hi, our interview is tomorrow. I thought we would need to prepare endlessly for it but it turns out that we cannot think of a single thing we could possibly prepare for at this time. In essence, we found preparation simple and not very time consuming.

Just make sure you have all the paperwork they request in your interview letter (plus copies) and bring evidence of your marriage. For us, the evidence consists of mutual health insurance for the past five years, car insurance, home owners insurance, property tax bill in both our names, other municipal bills addressed to both of us, joint bank account, joint credit card, e-tickets of about 50 flights we have taken together (all over Europe, Asia, and the Americas), and a two year old toddler - who we are bringing to the interview! We also put together about 150 photos of us on various trips, of the birth of our child, our wedding, visiting in-laws, vacations and trips with in-laws, etc. I could have brought an entire container of evidence since we have been married for six years and have been together for almost 11 years - but obviously, that would not serve anyone. I suppose that the abundance of possible evidence was actually fairly challenging for us because we needed to decide what to take with us and what to leave behind.

We also tried to go over the sample questions here on VJ but frankly, they are so basic that there is no need for us to dwell on them. If your relationship is real, I doubt there is a need to study these questions for the interview.

Like you, we felt nervous and very anxious but as time went by and the interview package took shape, both decreased. Don't stress too much over it as that will only muddle your head.

I actually made a copy of the interview letter so that I could check off each of the requested documents once I had them in my hand. Next, I compiled a folder with various labeled categories (such as "birth certificates," "marriage license," etc.) so that I can find paperwork without much hassle.

Edited by mof

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.