Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

hi guys i have two year conditional green card my due date to remove conditions is in first week of July now the problem is me and my wife are separated.

she wants divorce i love her so much and want to be with her but she does not love me anymore.we did not even file tax together this year as she wanted to file with her parents not with me.so my questions is will i be able to remove conditions on my own and should i file it now since i am going to file alone i dont need to wait till July and secondly what proofs do i need to show that marriage was real should s i file it myself or hire an attorney.

any suggestion would be highly appreciated.thank you very much.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you can remove condition on your own, as long as you entered the marriage in good faith and no lawyer needed, if you have solid proof that you entered the marriage in good faith. You need to be divorced to file without your wife or you will receive a RFE asking for the divorce decree.

evidence may be joint lease, joint insurance, auto or life, joint tax return transcript, joint utility bills, evidence of trips taken together during your 2 years together, joint bank account, credit card, copy of driver's license showing common address, copy of birth certificate of child born to the marriage, etc...

Edited by katiemanny


AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09


I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

More importantly,

if you are filing alone, you will need to be divorced before your I-751 can be approved.

So, if you did not file for divorce yet, it is in your interest to file I-751 as late as possible (but still within 90 day window).

thank you very much katimanny .i just have utility bills and joint lease from the last four months and year 2010 joint tax return this year she didnt file with she wanted to do wither her parents.i hope its gonna work .

And please read I751 filing instructions!

Edited by rika60607

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.