Nemo13

Petition Transferred to Chicago for Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Instead of getting approval for my I-130 (NOA1 of December 22, 2010), I received the following saying that I would be required to have an interview in Chicago. I provided tons of evidence showing our relationship including joint leases and financial statements. Can anyone shed some light on why I am being required to have an interview? How long do you think I would have to wait for the interview? I am the US citizen.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: WACXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Testing and Interview

On May 10, 2011, we transferred this case to our CHICAGO, IL location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If your case status indicates that you are currently in this step, you have either been scheduled for an interview or are in line to be scheduled for an interview. The amount of time your application will remain in this step will vary by office and is largely determined by the number of cases ahead of yours. The interview notice will have specifics about time, location and anything you will need to bring to your interview. If your application remains pending beyond our normal processing times (as shown below) please contact our national customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Please note that not every application/applicant will require an interview. In some instances, an interview is required by regulation and others an interview is requested because USCIS has determined that this is the most efficient means to determine eligibility. For a naturalization application the interview will include your taking the required English and/or Civics tests (unless exempt or waived).

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results

listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current

processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Our Love will get us through this. It grows stronger everyday.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Instead of getting approval for my I-130 (NOA1 of December 22, 2010), I received the following saying that I would be required to have an interview in Chicago. I provided tons of evidence showing our relationship including joint leases and financial statements. Can anyone shed some light on why I am being required to have an interview? How long do you think I would have to wait for the interview? I am the US citizen.

Sometimes this "standard processing" is random but more often it has something to do with your background or the circumstances of your case. If all is legitimate from past and present, you can expect petition approval within days of the interview. Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until Chicago contacts you about the interview and endure the associated delay.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Thanks, Pushbrk. This is just really bad luck for us. I have no criminal background, not so much as a traffic violation and I submitted all the required documents of evidence with the I-130.

My husband was previously in the U.S. on a work visa, and while here he married a woman but the relationship didn't work out and they were officially divorced after 1 year 4 months. Doing that time he never filed for a green card or adjustment of status or anything. He just continued living here and working with his current Work Visa per the suggestion of his lawyer. We met shortly after he divorced. After living together in the U.S., we moved to France for a year. While we were in France we got married which was a little over 2 years after his official divorce date. Could this situation be why I got flagged for an interview? Thanks in advance for anyone's thoughts.

Edited by Nemo13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Probably it is the combination of factors--did he overstay his visa?? That would certainly raise a red flag, but even if didn't, he was here on a work visa, got married, didn't file for for green card, gets divorced relatively quickly, stays in US after divorce--if he didn't overstay then nothing too crazy here, but if he did, you have more work to do and more forms to fill out.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Probably it is the combination of factors--did he overstay his visa?? That would certainly raise a red flag, but even if didn't, he was here on a work visa, got married, didn't file for for green card, gets divorced relatively quickly, stays in US after divorce--if he didn't overstay then nothing too crazy here, but if he did, you have more work to do and more forms to fill out.

Yes, I would agree that it is a combination of factors but not necessarily all the factors just mentioned.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

No, he didn't overstay his visa. His work visa was due to expire 2012, so he returned it (had to go to the embassy in Paris to return the visa once we moved to France) early. Maybe that would be an issue.

Edited by Nemo13

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi VJs! I'm updating this thread in case anyone else finds themselves in the testing and interviewing stage. So far we have been waiting since May 10, 2011 when we received the notice that I (the petitioner) would be set up for a interview to determine eligibility at the local office (Chicago). I called USCIS to inquire about the status and received a canned response that if I haven't received an answer in 6 months,then contact them again. We originally filed our peition (I-130 for my husband) in Dec 2010.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.