Braley

DENIED . . . ?

24 posts in this topic

Go here - USCIS

They have from 2010 back up.

As PushBrk mentioned -

Upon review, the petitioner submitted sufficient new evidence to meet the requirements for a motion to

reopen. The director denied the petition because the record does not contain evidence that the petitioner

and the beneficiary personally met within the two-year period immediately preceding the filing of the

petition or that the petitioner qualified for a waiver of that requirement

Seems to be the big one- a few requests that want to skip that part are also denied.

Interesting reading if you have the time.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Hello and welcome back!

I would say the number one reason is lack of evidence even though many claim they had plenty but the officer refuses to look at them. The officer may have also felt that the relationship was not genuine. Provide enough evidence of an ongoing relationship and remain confident. While we waited on our NOA2 we practiced interview questions, not like everyday since we still had a ways to go. And we gathered other necessary papers we needed for our interview.

I'm sure more are denied than we hear about. But like you mentioned most of them are approved (on VJ).

Thank you for the advice! I figure after countless hours on Skype for over two years now, we probably know each other better than most 25 year marriages :).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the advice! I figure after countless hours on Skype for over two years now, we probably know each other better than most 25 year marriages :).

Just a thought, I talk to Mav everyday Via Yahoo and keep records. (Archives) I was told by Members (I don't know, that it was inadmissable) I really question that? But, Thats what Senior Members stated. They said Facebook is. ?????? Why, I don't know.

I call Mav at least once a week to have a phone bill.

And 2 Years is Not 25 Years no matter How Deep is Your Love. Lets Hope 2 Years will reach above and beyond 25 years. :thumbs: Good Luck

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ Tim/Mav, facebook is what??? because me and my fiancé mostly talk on facebook and phone calls ?

Never Erase your Facebook Messages between you and your Finacee. They are printable. Facebook shows a date and time and shows proof of Communication. Phone Bills show International Calls to a Specific Number. For my 129-F Application I only used Facebook and their was,nt a problem with the NOA1. I still keep records of Yahoo but, was told several times the are unadmissable.

We know the cost of International Calls is not cheap, but it is well worth it to document a phone bill each month. (Plus, we get to hear her Nag, LOL)

PROOF OF A ONGONG RELATIONSHIP is REALLY What This Topic is. (Or what it changed into) Hope that helps

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Yes, I know that two years does not equal 25 years. I was speaking figuratively in the sense that many relationships are silent or based on very little communication. Someone can be married 25 years and not have a clue who they are married to. That was the point. As far as evidence goes, you can print out the "relationship" between you and another user. What this does is show only the wall posts, mutual friends, mutual likes, etc. between the two of you without all the others mixed in. I also took screen prints of all the calls between us on Skype. If necessary, I could also print out all the IM's between us on Skype, but that gets a little personal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This topic made me think of another question.

If a K1 visa is denied, what other options are there?.... Would it be to marry while using the VWP and then for the foreign spouse to return to their home country and the US citizen apply for a CR1 visa?

event.png

LONDON CONSULATE AND VERMONT SERVICE CENTER

INTERVIEW DATE: 16th September 2011

♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·** VISA APPROVED!!! ♥-:¦:-·:*'""*♥:·.-:¦:-·**

PASSPORT W/VISA RECEIVED: 21st September 2011

P.O.E: NEWARK, NJ ~ 26th September 2011

APPLIED FOR SS#: 17th October 2011

MARRIED: 25th October 2011

DISCOVERD PROBLEM WITH SS#: 23rd November 2011

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS, AP AND EAD PROCESS

MAILED AOS, EAD and AP: 23rd November 2011

2nd APPLICATION FOR SS#: 29th November 2011

3 HARD COPY RECEIPTS FOR AOS PACKAGE: 5th December 2011

BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT LETTER RECEIVED: 9th December 2011

SOCIAL SECURITY #CARD RECEIVED: 12th December 2011

NOTICE RECEIPT: AOS TRANSFERED TO CSC: 19th December 2011

ATTENDED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT: 21st December 2011

APPLICATION TO CHANGE SS# SURNAME: 6th January 2012

TOLD BY SS THAT IM OUT OF STATUS, CANNOT CHANGE NAME ON SS# CARD: 24th January 2012

Timeline

This topic made me think of another question.

If a K1 visa is denied, what other options are there?.... Would it be to marry while using the VWP and then for the foreign spouse to return to their home country and the US citizen apply for a CR1 visa?

Well Sunshine, there is a pretty heated discussion going on another forum today. Apparently a man from Egypt was denied because his American fiancee was to much older than him. Everyone is saying for her to travel to Egypt or for them to both go to another country, get married, live together for some time, and then file a CR1. Hope this helps. I was looking for a spot on this site to just simply find some statistics on denials vs. approvals. Apparently there isn't much out there.

Good luck and God bless,

Brian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.