Caladan

G-325a Question

15 posts in this topic

Okay, rule is no gaps in addresses or employment.

But -- I had a job end on 4/30/2002. And a lease end on 5/31/2004.

Meaning, my form has a 4/2002 (Job A) and a 5/2002 (Job B), and a 5/2004 (Address A) and 6/2004 (Address B).

There isn't a gap here, but there also doesn't seem to be a way to indicate that it was the whole month of April I worked at Job A, or that the whole month of May I lived at Address A.

Do I leave it as is? It's not a gap, but it's also lying to say I worked in a month I didn't work.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Caladan, I would love to help, but I didn't understand your question. Were you unemployed for a month? Then you can say so. If you don't figure out a way to do that in the form, then have an attachment and link it back to the question in the form and explain it.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

I wasn't unemployed. One job ended 4/30, and the next started 5/1. Same with the lease -- it ended on the 31st, and the new place was on the first of the next month.

AOS

-

Timeline
I wasn't unemployed. One job ended 4/30, and the next started 5/1. Same with the lease -- it ended on the 31st, and the new place was on the first of the next month.

Okay, I think I get it now. The confusion comes from having an 'apparent' gap, right? Because you're only allowed to enter months, and not days? I'd still have the attachment, so you can put the days in the dates as well - I guess that would cover it.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

They just want Month year on the form so Job #1 x/xxxx to 04/2002 and Job #2 is 05/2002 to XX/xxxx

I have my resume show this, and it perfectly acceptable. If you did not work 1 month then you would show 4/2002 and 6/2002.

No problem with your case.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Thanks. Another G325-a question. We made a mistake. Where it says last foreign address on my fiancé's G325a Q, we left it blank instead of filling in the last address (which is the same as his current one obviously). I filled it in pen just now, as he's 2000 miles away and already signed it. I think I'm going to send it in as is, but has anyone else had to make a late typo-sort of correction before?

AOS

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You are just over analyzing the form they just want to know from when to when in months, and assume there were no gaps, if more than a month gap just show it and note on the line changing job.

Thanks. Another G325-a question. We made a mistake. Where it says last foreign address on my fiancé's G325a Q, we left it blank instead of filling in the last address (which is the same as his current one obviously). I filled it in pen just now, as he's 2000 miles away and already signed it. I think I'm going to send it in as is, but has anyone else had to make a late typo-sort of correction before?

On my fiance's G-325A we had her work address as current address but it is not, her current permanent address is her mother's home. I corrected the form when I got home and sent the corrected one with the I-129F and had no problem.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I just took a look at our forms and there were a number of instances where the start dates and end dates were different months. Simply because new jobs were started the first of a month. This was the same for addresses. So you having an end date of 04/200? and a start date of 05/200? should be perfectly acceptable.

Aussiewench posted some advice on this not too long ago. If I can find it, I will send you the link.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Timeline

Caladan, you'll need 2 sets of G-325as. One for you and one for your fiance. Each of you will have to sign their own (and all 4 pages) - so, if you've signed his, you'll have to fill out another one.

Also, you can download the ADOBE trial version and have the form filled and saved (so you can make corrections at a later time).

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

I'm sorry, I'm tired, and not typing well.

We have two sets. I just returned from a visit with him, and he and I both filled out the G-325As and signed them. One for him, one for me. The G325a is also not saveable.

Upon my final review, I noticed that we neglected to fill in a box on his (signed) form, so I filled in the relevant information in pen. I haven't seen an RFE for filling in a form in pen, but I was curious.

AOS

-

What is wrong with a gap in employment? Nothing. List the employment, as it actually occurred. Even if there was no gap. If you are concerned about it, list the "day" of month detail on a separate sheet, indicating form and line number. No worries.

Okay, rule is no gaps in addresses or employment.

But -- I had a job end on 4/30/2002. And a lease end on 5/31/2004.

Meaning, my form has a 4/2002 (Job A) and a 5/2002 (Job B), and a 5/2004 (Address A) and 6/2004 (Address B).

There isn't a gap here, but there also doesn't seem to be a way to indicate that it was the whole month of April I worked at Job A, or that the whole month of May I lived at Address A.

Do I leave it as is? It's not a gap, but it's also lying to say I worked in a month I didn't work.

Of course you can make corrections, such as this. But, as Mew advised, you need to correct that on all four (4) copies of the form.

Edited by William33

Timeline

We have two sets. I just returned from a visit with him, and he and I both filled out the G-325As and signed them. One for him, one for me. The G325a is also not saveable.

Upon my final review, I noticed that we neglected to fill in a box on his (signed) form, so I filled in the relevant information in pen. I haven't seen an RFE for filling in a form in pen, but I was curious.

Ah, okay. Sorry about that - maybe I'm tired and I misread your post. I will not advise about it, as I'm not sure about the answer. I actually ticked a box and filled info in pen when I first sent my petition (with everything else typed), but then I remembered that we filed another one after that (money order didn't get cashed for the first one).

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Thanks anyway! Since I'll have to have him retype and resign the form, I figure I'll have him do that, send it to me in case of an RFE, but in the meantime, send in the form (as it would probably take about as long to get the forms and correct 'em once he forgets something else.)

Congrats on your recent approval and good luck on your interview!

AOS

-

People forget to check boxes and other pieces of information, all the time. Fix it in pen. Initial the change.

Ah, okay. Sorry about that - maybe I'm tired and I misread your post. I will not advise about it, as I'm not sure about the answer. I actually ticked a box and filled info in pen when I first sent my petition (with everything else typed), but then I remembered that we filed another one after that (money order didn't get cashed for the first one).

Yup, got all four copies remarked.

Thanks so much! I swear I'm not normally this neurotic about details. I can fill out university grants in a single bound!

AOS

-

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.