Bad_Daddy

Tsar Putin spreads his tentacles

79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I watch with interest the protest going on in Georgia with the opposition. The opposition consists mostly of old time criminals or cast off's from the old regime.. Saakashvilli though not perfect has started a youth movement and has the country headed in the right direction. I read the opposition newspapers and have to laugh.. The Country has been more stable since the Rose Revolution..

Saakashvilli has infused young blood into the political system.. Fresh ideas etc.. The EU says Georgia has one of the most respected Police Department in Europe and that the level of corruption has dropped considerably.. I see Georgia being a model for the Caucasus region..

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why_Me, you clearly don't understand one thing: paying for so-called 'revolutions', starting wars in the Middle East etc. the States is doing the same exact thing - they are trying to act in a way, that will help the country to get some profit.

Still nobody (except for Al-Qaeda) thinks it's right to blow up something in the States.

So you should probably look at yourself before trying to blame anybody else. Russia is acting in a way, that's best for Russia, the USA is acting in a way, that's better for the States, and they both use other countries as their puppets, it's not beautiful, but it's the way it is. And you don't have a single right to blame Russia until the USA does what it does.

Do you see what I mean?

The Crim is an autonomous republic. The Tatars have more say than...oh like when they were all deported to Russia Far East. Now they are back. Orange Revolution wasn't a complete succsess by any means, but again comparing Ukraine to Belarus in freedoms and human rights is laughable at best. It's not even close.

As far as Belarusians doing more for themselves...you are correct. The have several Belarusians sitting in prison atm with busted heads from the last protest. But there is always hope they do more...like blow up gas lines coming in from Russia, and cut all rail lines coming in and out of Russia. Cut off the head and the rest will fall. :)

The US has supported plenty a murderous dictator in its time. Look at Central and South America, for starters.

We aren't talking about Central or South America. This is the RUB forum and we are talking about RUB country's as in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine. If you want I can post a map of Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus so we are all on the same wave length.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

We aren't talking about Central or South America. This is the RUB forum and we are talking about RUB country's as in Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine. If you want I can post a map of Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus so we are all on the same wave length.

I know where RUB is, considering that I am currently there. I am just saying that if you want to criticize other governments, you have to look in the mirror, too. Superpowers tend to do things that keep their superpower status, which extends to trying to stem other countries' efforts to bring about leaders that would enact change that runs contrary to the superpower's agenda. I do not agree with this, but this is the way that world politics has worked for a long time and still works. I would be careful about complaining about Russia's support of Lukashenka and giving passports to people in South Ossetia when the CIA has done some very bad things and the School of the Americas is still operating. And relations between Lukashenka and the Kremlin have been chilly at best for quite some time, and actually Lukashenka was closer to the Kremlin under Yeltsin. There was talk about 12 years ago of actually uniting Russia and Belarus, with Lukashenka's ultimate goal being control of Russia.

Americans don't want a powerful Russia or China, etc. and will look at actions taken by other countries that have various powers (nuclear, economic, natural resources) to gain and consilidate power in a negative way, just the way that these same countries will see the same efforts by the US in a negative way. No one here has clean hands.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Nobody believes me when I say that, for instance, Republicans and Democrats are different, or that voting actually means something in the US.

That's because you are incorrect.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline

How, exactly?

Honestly - if you believe that your "vote" matters one iota in U.S. politics, or that the democrats and republicans are fundamentally different in any material way, or any way that actually matters, there is nothing that can be said that will convince you otherwise. I'm not going to bother trying.

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Timeline

If you want to be that cynical, go for it. Perhaps especially as a woman the differences matter more to me. I do believe that there is a cultural struggle going on in America, and honestly I find the environment so stupid and toxic I can only handle visiting.

But like Why Me helpfully reminded us, this is RUB, not P&R.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

If you want to be that cynical, go for it. Perhaps especially as a woman the differences matter more to me. I do believe that there is a cultural struggle going on in America, and honestly I find the environment so stupid and toxic I can only handle visiting.

But like Why Me helpfully reminded us, this is RUB, not P&R.

Coming from and Living in America this country is nothing to what it once was..

You want to listen to what America was like.. This song will say it all

Merle Haggard wrote this in 1983.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFHJ41ktt3Q

Timeline

If you want to be that cynical, go for it.

Once person's cynicism is another's reality check.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Honestly - if you believe that your "vote" matters one iota in U.S. politics, or that the democrats and republicans are fundamentally different in any material way, or any way that actually matters, there is nothing that can be said that will convince you otherwise. I'm not going to bother trying.

I mostly agree with you except that some years back my vote and that of about 70 other people here in Florida could make the Presidential race go either way.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline

I mostly agree with you except that some years back my vote and that of about 70 other people here in Florida could make the Presidential race go either way.

You are under the mistaken belief that the public actually votes for the president in the U.S.

Nevertheless - you're talking about 70 votes, not one.

And besides all that, and most importantly, your argument implies an assumption that the person who holds the office of president actually has real significance to your life and general well-being. I would dispute that notion. Strongly.

Frankly - whether BHO, GWB or Daffy Duck is president, the results will be largely the same.

Edited by akdiver

akdiver for president!

Welcome back.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

I know where RUB is, considering that I am currently there. I am just saying that if you want to criticize other governments, you have to look in the mirror, too. Superpowers tend to do things that keep their superpower status, which extends to trying to stem other countries' efforts to bring about leaders that would enact change that runs contrary to the superpower's agenda. I do not agree with this, but this is the way that world politics has worked for a long time and still works. I would be careful about complaining about Russia's support of Lukashenka and giving passports to people in South Ossetia when the CIA has done some very bad things and the School of the Americas is still operating. And relations between Lukashenka and the Kremlin have been chilly at best for quite some time, and actually Lukashenka was closer to the Kremlin under Yeltsin. There was talk about 12 years ago of actually uniting Russia and Belarus, with Lukashenka's ultimate goal being control of Russia.

Americans don't want a powerful Russia or China, etc. and will look at actions taken by other countries that have various powers (nuclear, economic, natural resources) to gain and consilidate power in a negative way, just the way that these same countries will see the same efforts by the US in a negative way. No one here has clean hands.

Let me say this again...I'm not concerned about dictatorships in Central and South America, my beef atm is the one in Belarus.

As far as Luka and the Kremlin being on "chilly terms"...Iv'e posted about this before...Luka was put into power by Yeltsin and has been kept in power to this day by the Kremlin.

So how do you get rid of a dictatorship supported by your fellow Rus neighbor ? By blowing up every gas line and rail line in Belarus that goes to and fro from Russia to Belarus. By offing cops, KGB, anyone that's a help to said dictatorship.

And do you know why the US doesn't want to see Russia as a super power again ? For the fact your average Russian is a chauvinist. I'm not sure how old you are, but let me remind you of something called the "Iron Curtain". Do you know why Gorby finally caved in and stopped illegally occupying Eastern Europe ? For the fact Russia/USSR was flat ####### broke and couldn't continue to illegally occupy Eastern Europe. Gorby and the rest of the Kremlin criminals didn't do it out of the kindness of their hearts.

You ask any Russian about the USSR and the first thing that comes out of their brainwashed mind is "Stalin was Georgian". You give Russia any kind of power and they abuse it, sans the fact that Eastern Europe couldn't join NATO and the EU fast enough after the Wall came down. Russia's neighbors trust Russia like a rabbit trust a mountain lion. You look at Russia and Russians today and then look at their entire history since the day Rurik landed his ships and gave them the name of "Rus".

We are talking about a people led by the nose by a KGB/FSB agent and who's church head and former church heads are well known KGB agents.

Atm Belarusians are taking it up the ####### for the fact the dictator running that country is 100% financially supported by that chauvinistic NASHI loving group in the Kremlin.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

I'm just wondering where you get your facts that the Kremlin supports Belarus and props up Lukashenka when relations between the two countries are frosty at best. It's not really something I have ever come across, apart from an article in the Economist in 1998. I am just interested in your sources besides your own conspiracy theories. I mean, I even read stuff from the Belarusan-American Association, and they don't really mention it and that is as anti-Lukashenka and anti-Russia in general as you can get.

America doesn't want ANY country to even come close to their power. It's nice to be on top. And the only way to stay there is to make sure no one comes close. And for the part of the world that Russia feels some kind of sovereignity toward, it's the same thing for them. It's not anything new. It's been that way for a long time.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

Here is a protest rally in Freedom Square, Tbilisi Georgia. Look at the crowd and you see minimal amount of young people.. What's odd is the opposition runs to Moscow to meet with the hierarchy then they return to Georgia.. Putin can't stand to see Georgia blossom and so he sends his thugs to protest..

I talk to several young people and they all say the same thing.. The opposition is comprised of jealous politicians, criminals and thugs..

post-96684-0-16550100-1306274961_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brusik

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.