V + A

Reschedule Bio. Appt.?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi, everyone~

I got my Bio. Appt. paper on Apr 21 & they schedule on May 12, due to my work schedule i couldn't be there that day. So i sent it back by using delivery confirmation & they received it on Apr 27.

Do anyone know how long it take for them to reschedule me? Will they think i miss my appt. if i doesn't received my new appt. before May 12?

Thank you so much!

Filed: Timeline

Hi, everyone~

I got my Bio. Appt. paper on Apr 21 & they schedule on May 12, due to my work schedule i couldn't be there that day. So i sent it back by using delivery confirmation & they received it on Apr 27.

Do anyone know how long it take for them to reschedule me? Will they think i miss my appt. if i doesn't received my new appt. before May 12?

Thank you so much!

Don't worry about it. You will receive a new notice within few days. A friend of mine returned her notice AFTER she missed the biometrics appointment and USCIS sent her a new one within 1 week. However, I don't know if "work schedule" is a good excuse, there it might not be the best "first impression". My friend missed it due to an illness.

Timeline

Don't worry about it. You will receive a new notice within few days. A friend of mine returned her notice AFTER she missed the biometrics appointment and USCIS sent her a new one within 1 week. However, I don't know if "work schedule" is a good excuse, there it might not be the best "first impression". My friend missed it due to an illness.

Thanks~ It's been more than a week & my original appt. is coming, i don't want them think i give up my application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They won't think you gave up your application, since you have returned the letter requesting biometrics to be rescheduled.

We did the same when I was on my AOS application. It delayed my application (I also had problems with fingerprints, they are not readable) but it worked.

So I hope you get a new appointment letter soon. :star:

Thanks~ It's been more than a week & my original appt. is coming, i don't want them think i give up my application.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

Don't worry about it. I got my appointment within 3 weeks. Perhaps you should tell at work that they need to be a lil' more flexible with you for the next 2 stages of the naturalization as it is not that easy to reschedule interview and oath as it is the bio...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Why did you not just do a walk in? Why delay the process?

We did walk-in biometrics on roc and naturalization within days of getting the bio appointment for each step.

LS

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Timeline

Why did you not just do a walk in? Why delay the process?

We did walk-in biometrics on roc and naturalization within days of getting the bio appointment for each step.

LS

I'm not sure i could walk-in or not and i'm way to far to go there if they doesn't let me(2hrs drive). So i just sent that back~

Hopefully i'll get my appt. soon~

Thanks everyone~

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

It's been almost a month since i sent it back. So i called them 2day and they said they doesn't hv timeline for rescheduled and they didn't C any update on it yet. All i can do is wait... Don't know how long it could be... :crying:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's been almost a month since i sent it back. So i called them 2day and they said they doesn't hv timeline for rescheduled and they didn't C any update on it yet. All i can do is wait... Don't know how long it could be... :crying:

I'm sorry for the delay. :( I had the same problem with my AOS petition as I said above. Let's hope your new appointment letter comes soon. :star:

In case it takes too long, try calling them again.

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

I'm not sure i could walk-in or not and i'm way to far to go there if they doesn't let me(2hrs drive). So i just sent that back~

Hopefully i'll get my appt. soon~

Thanks everyone~

I wasn't sure they'll let me walk-in too (7-hour drive back and forth) but I took my chance because I heard rescheduling your Bio can cause delays (it was actually written on the letter).

Hope you hear from them soon.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should have walked in. A long drive is a lot better than waiting a month +. Besides the next date you get could be just as inconvenient.

LS

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.