ghunt2121

Interview Scheduling in Bogota

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

So on Monday, April 18, we sent (FAXED) in our DS2100 and DS-230s to get an interview.

On Monday, April 25, we got confirmation of our request from the IV Unit of the embassy.

They say that they update the appointment list on the site on (approximately) the 20th and the 30th of each month.

My question is, has anyone been watching the exact pattern with which they update the list? The only file posted on the site today is named "finalmayreport2011.pdf" and that hasn't changed since Friday, April 29.

So I'm guessing that that is it until about the 20th of May, right?

Then, the question becomes: How likely is it that the list posted on the 20th will contain our interview date?

You see, the issue is that the K1 petition approval, as I understand it is only good for four months; in our case that's from March 8, 2011 to July 8, 2011 (we had a delay in getting the police report process going). I further understand that the interview date must be on or before the expiration date of the petition.

We have been hoping that My fiancée could arrive before her birthday on June 25, but that's not looking too likely at this point.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

if you go to the embassy website botoga,visa scheduled interview appointments,you need your case number BGTXXXXXX scroll down the list look for your number date and time,they post a new month every 15 of the month april- may next may -june next june-july.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You might just want to call the National Visa Center, for they can tell you the date of your interview. I forget the number and process...but if you search the forums you'll find it. I think it's less stressful than waiting for the list to be posted. You're in the tough part of the process...hang on...for your loved one will be with you soon.

Timeline

You might just want to call the National Visa Center, for they can tell you the date of your interview. I forget the number and process...but if you search the forums you'll find it. I think it's less stressful than waiting for the list to be posted. You're in the tough part of the process...hang on...for your loved one will be with you soon.

Is this true? The National Visa Center has official knowledge of interview dates established by an embassy? That sounds strange enough to be true, and helpful enough to be an extremely unlikely charafteristic of a government entitiy. Does anyone else have knowledge of this?

Thanks

Edited by ghunt2121

Timeline

if you go to the embassy website botoga,visa scheduled interview appointments,you need your case number BGTXXXXXX scroll down the list look for your number date and time,they post a new month every 15 of the month april- may next may -june next june-july.

Ok so this post says the list is posted on the 15th of each month (at least that is what I understand it to say)... yes the letter from the embassy said on (or about) the 20th and 30th of each month.

Still not real clear here.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is this true? The National Visa Center has official knowledge of interview dates established by an embassy? That sounds strange enough to be true, and helpful enough to be an extremely unlikely charafteristic of a government entitiy. Does anyone else have knowledge of this?

Thanks

I just tried the neat little trick posted and it did not work. I had my fiance fax her info to Bogota on the 18th of April and still have not heard anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I just tried the neat little trick posted and it did not work. I had my fiance fax her info to Bogota on the 18th of April and still have not heard anything.

call the embassy number on wed from 2pm - 4pm give them your bgt# and they may be able to tell you the appointment date. I just sent our DS200 back and 230 via email the appointment date i got over the phone on Wed after 15mins of redialing and 10 min waiting on the phone , appt date June 1 2011 , we have very similar timeline so you may have similar appointment . this is the info from the embassy web site "If you would like to discuss your case by telephone with a locally employed Colombian staff member, the Immigrant Visa unit is available every Wednesday from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm at (57-1) 315-1566, except during official holidays. Normal long distance charges apply when calling from outside the Bogotá area."

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You might also want to try posting your question in the Colombia Club. Members who post in that thread have already gotten their K1/CR visas or are in the middle of the process.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.