Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was hoping for 4 weeks but what the heck! At least its not 1 week or 2 weeks movement. Keep the faith everyone!!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well I am happy to see movement but I am having problems understanding the method used to determine the movements. Last year we were going at 2 months per month and now we on average going at a little over 3 weeks. I know that this must point to a doubling of people being processed on monthly. But I am yet to see some reliable data that could confirm this.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

01-Apr-06 as expected.

This has been the movement this fiscal year so far:

OCT - 7 days

NOV - 24

DEC - 30

JAN - 21

FEB - 24

MAR - 31

APR - 21

MAY - 24

Compare that to last fiscal year where the average movement was around 43 days per month. But hey, as long as there is movement there is hope!

On March VB they said F1 will move 3-4 weeks in April, May, and June. So I guess they will move at this pace again next bulletin (June) up to 22-Apr-06. Then hopefully they will give us new predictions and F1 will move faster. Good luck to all of us! :star:

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

from the end of fiscal year 2006 to the end of fiscal year 2012 they move from 22apr2001 to 1oct2005 or about 2.9 weeks per month on average, over all six years, and for f2b they move from 1dec96 to 15sep2004,about 5.2 weeks per month over the same period ,i think their prediction now is more accurate and this will be the realistic hopes for the coming months,but i still hope for a jump

Edited by mohamed el bakr

Timeline

from the end of fiscal year 2006 to the end of fiscal year 2012 they move from 22apr2001 to 1oct2005 or about 2.9 weeks per month on average, over all six years, and for f2b they move from 1dec96 to 15sep2004,about 5.2 weeks per month over the same period ,i think their prediction now is more accurate and this will be the realistic hopes for the coming months,but i still hope for a jump

But if they keep moving at that pace F1 cutoff dates are going to be behind F2B cutoffs dates, which doesn't make much sense, considering it's possible to convert from F2B (resident) to F1 (citizen).

However, most of their stuff doesn't make much sense :hehe: For example, if you look at Philippines, F1 cutoff is 01JUN99 while F2B is 08SEP02, making many people downgrade their application from F1 to F2B. Weird. I'm not sure if there's a specific reason for their particular case though.

Edited by NevermindVz

Timeline

Speaking of F1-Philippines, it has been experiencing some nice movement!

OCT - 01-Apr-96

NOV - 01-Jul-97 - 456 days

DEC - 08-Oct-97 - 99

JAN - 22-Dec-97 - 75

FEB - 08-Mar-98 - 76

MAR - 15-Oct-98 - 221

ABR - 15-Feb-99 - 123

MAY - 01-Jun-99 - 106

Edited by NevermindVz

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey..Guys..just i saw the new VB...well...it frustrating for us but let spray that at least its moving unlike F4 which is held like frozen. Well i am in US and now its very pleasant weather here, it spring and people can come out from their houses and its good time here. Now waiting for my SSN and GC.

US is a very big country and when u all will come here u all will know how the life is in US, but i will say this is a very civilised and systematic country. Its just good money here ...Do ask me more if u want to know.

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

But if they keep moving at that pace F1 cutoff dates are going to be behind F2B cutoffs dates, which doesn't make much sense, considering it's possible to convert from F2B (resident) to F1 (citizen).

However, most of their stuff doesn't make much sense :hehe: For example, if you look at Philippines, F1 cutoff is 01JUN99 while F2B is 08SEP02, making many people downgrade their application from F1 to F2B. Weird. I'm not sure if there's a specific reason for their particular case though.

yes i agree with you ,but if u take mexico as example you will see that there is only 3 months between f1 and f2b and it's logically acceptable for f2b to be faster then f1 because many people convert from it to f1 and even f2b have more visa then f1 (as i know they have 26500 visa ) any way i begin to loss my patience and try to get supported from any one i really need to end this endless waiting..god help us

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good stuff il check it out.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Just wondering if the F1 movement of Philippines has any affect on us, F1 ROW. I looked at the PDF file of Philippines on Visa Bulletin website. To me, it moves incredibly faster than usual. To be more accurate, I think it has been the big jump each month since last October.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.