jons_wifey

Missed my biometrics appointment!!!! Please help!!!

6 posts in this topic

Okay big problem!! and it was all my fault!

the mailing address I put down on the I-751 was my P.O Box address - I got this before we moved out of our apartment april 1st.

Okay, so I also filed an online AR-11 for the mailing address to be my FRIENDS address! and I also spoke to someone on the phone to change the mailing address on the system. this was confirmed by receiving a letter of change address confirmation to botht eh P.O box as well as my friends address.

I went to check my p.o box and sure enough there was my biometrics letter!!!!!!!!!!!!! scheduled for April 14th!!!!!!!!!!!

I have now missed this and have to reschedule not over the phone but by writing to my service center with a copy of my biometrics letter.

I would like to know for anyone who has ever had to re-schedule their biometrics - how was the journey???? Yes I am aware now that it will cause a major delay in processing my case.

I still have an infopass appointment set for May 10.

I am going to mail my request to re-schedule my biometrics after work, and from now on I will know I will have to check my P.O box - the lady even said she will check my mailbox for me to see if I have any letters coming from immigration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do a walk in, don't bother requesting a new appointment. You would probably end up waiting months more for another one.

At the walk-in explain what happend and they should let you get your prints done.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Ahhh... the missing appointment you filed a service request for. I agree with the others. Go to the ACS place tomorrow and they will probably take care of you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just show up to the field office and explain what happened, they should be able to take your fingerprints that day.

Edited by queuedup

The Journey Home
04/27/2009 - POE at JFK (Quick and Easy!!!!)
05/07/2009 - Applied for SSN
05/09/2009 - Welcome Letter Received
05/14/2009 - SSN Received
05/11/2009 - GC Production Ordered
06/12/2009 - GC Production Ordered (AGAIN ?!?!?!)
06/19/2009 - Alien Registration Approval notice email
06/22/2009 - 2 Year Green Card Received!!!!!!

Naturalization
02/06/2013 - Application Sent
02/13/2013 - NOA (Priority Date Feb 8th)
02/13/2013 - Biometrics Appt. Letter Received
02/21/2013 - Early Bio Appt. (Original March 15th)
02/26/2013 - Place Inline for Interview

04/24/2013 - Interview scheduled

05/31/2013 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

XX/XX/2013 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

FYI, she did walk-in successfuly :thumbs:

Please update my timeline :)

I did my biometrics today via walk-in. Original was April 14, but with the moving out of our apartment, I hadn't checked my p.o box. So I did a walk-in today April 27th 2011 here at the San Antonio Service Center. They overlooked my missed appointment date and time. they stamped my appointment letter. I was first in, first out :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.