^_^

This is why if Trump wins the nomination, he WILL be President

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Trump's vast fortune versus Obama without the financial support of Wall Street?

No contest. Trump wins.

Wall Street switches to GOP

Hedge-fund managers made a big bet on Barack Obama and other Democrats in 2008. Now, with the 2012 contest gearing up, some prominent fund managers have turned their backs on the party and are actively supporting Republicans.

Daniel Loeb, founder of Third Point LLC, was one of the biggest Obama fund-raisers in 2008, rounding up $200,000 for him, according to campaign-finance records. In the decade prior, Mr. Loeb and his wife donated $250,000 to Democrats and less than $10,000 to Republicans.

But since Mr. Obama's inauguration, Mr. Loeb has given $468,000 to Republican candidates and the GOP, and just $8,000 to Democrats. Hedge-fund kings have feelings, too, and the president appears to have hurt them.

Managers of hedge funds—private investment partnerships that cater to institutions and wealthy people—are reacting to what some criticize as Mr. Obama's populist attacks on Wall Street, as well as to Democrat-led efforts to raise their tax bills. They had hoped to be protected from such a tax move by their relationships with prominent Democratic members of Congress. "Hedge funds bankrolled the Democrats in the 2006 and 2008 elections, and the very people they helped put in power turned around and screwed them," said Sam Geduldig, a former Republican congressional staffer who is a Wall Street lobbyist.

Edited by \

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Trump is a joke.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

He is not as wealthy as he wants everyone to think he is.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Trump will win the Presidency next year if Republicans are smart enough to nominate him. Without Wall Street backing, Obama will be reliant on small donations from hippies.

They will not nominate him. Key figures in the Republican party are stopping just short of calling him a idiot.

They will not nominate him. Key figures in the Republican party are stopping just short of calling him a idiot.

Those key figures will be silenced, AJ is on the money, Trump is a shoe in :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

I guess since this has already been determined, we should move on to who Trump's running mate should be. I was thinking Alan Keyes would maximize the victory, and possibly challenge Reagan and Nixon for biggest landslides ever.

Indy.gif

I guess since this has already been determined, we should move on to who Trump's running mate should be. I was thinking Alan Keyes would maximize the victory, and possibly challenge Reagan and Nixon for biggest landslides ever.

It would have to be another business person like Trump. Someone who can bring lots of cash to the table and completely annihilate the Democrats for a generation (or two).

The GOP is on the verge of complete and utter victory but GOP "intellectuals" seem to not realize it. I am guessing these brief stints in the minority are important to keep the energy levels high and thus their paychecks as well.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Opinion polls this early have no meaning...or at least they have historically been BS. Leiberman, Guiliani, Jesse Jackson among others have had clear leads at this stage. Trump IS an idiot

K-1 Visa Journey

04/20/2006 - file our I-129f.

09/14/2006 - US Embassy interview. Ask Lauren to marry me again, just to make sure. Says Yes. Phew!

10/02/2006 - Fly to New York, EAD at JFK, I'm in!!

10/14/2006 - Married! The perfect wedding day.

AOS Journey

10/23/2006 - AOS and EAD filed

05/29/2007 - RFE (lost medical)

08/02/2007 - RFE received back at CSC

08/10/2007 - Card Production ordered

08/17/2007 - Green Card Arrives

Removing Conditions

05/08/2009 - I-751 Mailed

05/13/2009 - NOA1

06/12/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/24/2009 - Approved (twice)

10/10/2009 - Card Production Ordered

10/13/2009 - Card Production Ordered (Again?)

10/19/2009 - Green Card Received (Dated 10/13/19)

Timeline

It would have to be another business person like Trump. Someone who can bring lots of cash to the table and completely annihilate the Democrats for a generation (or two).

The GOP is on the verge of complete and utter victory but GOP "intellectuals" seem to not realize it. I am guessing these brief stints in the minority are important to keep the energy levels high and thus their paychecks as well.

I really dont' think it needs to be another high net worth individual. Furthermore, I don't think either of the Koch brothers would be willing to take such a pay cut. I think Trumps V.P. would need to be a symbolic choice. Trump is going to alienate the social conservatives. I think Huckabee shores up that base, but then you have the problem of moderates. Trump's V.P. selection needs to be a policy wonk. We've had policy retards from the right for far too long, neocons effed that up royally.

Indy.gif

Trump IS an idiot

Until you can make the kind of money he has or accomplish something that makes you as well known as he is, you have no standing to say that.

I really dont' think it needs to be another high net worth individual.

It doesn't need to be but it should. A policy wonk without any real assets may win the race for Trump but it will leave a Democratic Party that can fight another day. Another high-net-worth individual on the ticket, OTOH, will obliterate the Democrats. They will be paying off campaign debt for the next century.

Timeline

Until you can make the kind of money he has or accomplish something that makes you as well known as he is, you have no standing to say that.

It doesn't need to be but it should. A policy wonk without any real assets may win the race for Trump but it will leave a Democratic Party that can fight another day. Another high-net-worth individual on the ticket, OTOH, will obliterate the Democrats. They will be paying off campaign debt for the next century.

I was looking at "democratic obliteration" as a long term goal, not just a short term election. If Trump is to lead the conservative revolution, he will need someone with some actual intellect, not just a catchphrase.

Indy.gif

If Trump is to lead the conservative revolution, he will need someone with some actual intellect, not just a catchphrase.

Are you kidding me?

"Take Iraqi oil".

That sounds trite and simplistic but in reality it is a return to the most conservative of western beliefs. The belief that the resources of the rest of the world belong to the west, that the rest of the world is there for the plunder. It is a continuation of a long and proud tradition of colonialism by other great western powers in the past. It is the conservative answer to our loss of prosperity, not all this new-agey free market #######.