8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Am I being unreasonable in wanting to see updates on the USCIS site of my case after almost 2 months?? I called the 800 number listed and emailed some customer service group asking for the case to be added to the site but this was 2 weeks ago now. I don't want to be a pest but it would be REALLY nice to at least see some sort of acknowledgment when I enter my receipt info :wacko: Seeing everybody talk about how they received an email/text update makes me a little JEALOUS! LOL

Any assistance would be welcome :yes:

Chatted for the first time:2010-01-11

Officially Dating:2010-05-31

Roja QUITS JOB and moves to GA:2010-09-17

Got hitched!:2010-11-10

Roja finds a new job:2011-12-22

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Atlanta GA

Date Filed :2011-03-07

NOA Date :2011-03-12

Bio. Appt. :2011-04-13

EAD Received:2011-05-12

Interview Date :2011-06-28

Approved : APPROVED!!! Yes Lord...2 year GC

Greencard Received: In hand on July 11, 2011 Yippee!!

k3d9o4vw2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nothing you can do, if your case doesn't show up it doesn't show up. It might show up later on, it might never show up. Theres quite a few people that have never been able to access their case online to see the stages.

Its a USCIS courtesy not a requirement.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

you would only get a text/email once your petition is first received and then once again when its approved. Updates or "touches" are seen via online and don't always happen.

Check out my "About Me" tab on my profile to learn about my detailed timeline with the K-1 Visa and AOS process....

Live life, Laugh lots, Love forever.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Nothing you can do, if your case doesn't show up it doesn't show up. It might show up later on, it might never show up. Theres quite a few people that have never been able to access their case online to see the stages.

Its a USCIS courtesy not a requirement.

Thanks! I wasn't sure how long it took to update the website but if its a courtesy then I won't get my hopes up lol

Chatted for the first time:2010-01-11

Officially Dating:2010-05-31

Roja QUITS JOB and moves to GA:2010-09-17

Got hitched!:2010-11-10

Roja finds a new job:2011-12-22

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Atlanta GA

Date Filed :2011-03-07

NOA Date :2011-03-12

Bio. Appt. :2011-04-13

EAD Received:2011-05-12

Interview Date :2011-06-28

Approved : APPROVED!!! Yes Lord...2 year GC

Greencard Received: In hand on July 11, 2011 Yippee!!

k3d9o4vw2.png

you would only get a text/email once your petition is first received and then once again when its approved. Updates or "touches" are seen via online and don't always happen.

Check out my "About Me" tab on my profile to learn about my detailed timeline with the K-1 Visa and AOS process....

Live life, Laugh lots, Love forever.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Am I being unreasonable in wanting to see updates on the USCIS site of my case after almost 2 months?? I called the 800 number listed and emailed some customer service group asking for the case to be added to the site but this was 2 weeks ago now. I don't want to be a pest but it would be REALLY nice to at least see some sort of acknowledgment when I enter my receipt info :wacko: Seeing everybody talk about how they received an email/text update makes me a little JEALOUS! LOL

Any assistance would be welcome :yes:

I never received any text msgs from my phone nor email notification regarding my AOS application. But a text mssg was received by my hubby on his phone that my packet and my daughter's were received by USCIS. On my G-1145 I listed my own cel. number and email address whereas on my daughter's separate G-1145 I listed my husband's number and her personal email address.

And that was the one and only text we have ever received, all notification came in the mail. Our I-751, on their website, started from Initial Review then jumped to Post Decision Activity and never moved from there even after they have issued us our EAD cards. It was almost two months when our I-765 was updated.

Relax and try to enjoy your waiting, take it as a vacation for soon you'll be working and be really very very busy.

Honestly I wish i never signed up for the check my case status thing. It just drives me so mad when I check if it was touched or not lol

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Honestly I wish i never signed up for the check my case status thing. It just drives me so mad when I check if it was touched or not lol

I guess that's natural. After I got the NOA1 in the mail I went straight checking and did it 3-4 times daily for 5 consecutive days then seeing there was no change I went sour graping. Sort of, "hmp, I'm not gonna check today, it wasn't touched anyway!" It was hard to resist the temptation not to click as I spent lots of time on my comp but I managed to lessen the frequency of peeping by making myself busy with other things. As busy as I have never been that I lost count of the days when the biometrics appt got in the mail. Then the interview appt letter came next, then the day of the interview itself, then the welcome letter.

And then when the "end" of the journey is reached you'd say to yourself," oh I could have done this or that while I was waiting for my green card". It would seem, on sad realization, that those months of waiting were only a couple of weeks.

Really it's just a matter of time. And like everything else in this world, the AOS has also its own course of action.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.