Amby

sheriff launches mugshot of the day

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

mugshots_ext.jpg

A US lawman - known as 'America's toughest sheriff' - has released a series of mugshots online so the public can vote on their favourite.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio allows online users to browse through the photos on his website and then vote for the 'Mugshot of the Day'.

He is previously best known for dressing prisoners in pink underwear and feeding them green baloney.

Sheriff Arpaio, of Maricopa County, Arizona, says he came up with the Mugshot Of The Day idea to give the public a voice in law enforcement.

He hopes it will highlight the work of his officers and help solve more crimes by making people more aware of local offenders.

Typically, the top picks are the most dishevelled, unusual-looking suspects among those booked in to his jails in Maricopa County.

Sheriff Arpaio rose to fame in 1993 when he started Tent City prison, which now has nearly 2,000 prisoners serving their sentences under canvas.

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Sheriff_launches_Mugshot_of_the_Day

Here's the site

http://www.mcso.org/Mugshot/

I think my vote is for AHMON EDWARD THOMPSON :lol:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I've never been a fan of such things, but at least there are photos with this. I've known people who have had a business nearly ruined because the owner's name was on the local DUI list....only it wasn't him, just a person with the same name.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Votes: 12800

P759916_0300.jpg

JESSICA JOHNSON

04/22/2011

Votes: 1783

P760019_0300.jpg

ADRIAN ROBLES

04/22/2011

Votes: 1661

P759908_0300.jpg

AHMON EDWARD THOMPSON

04/22/2011

Votes: 1161

P760290_0300.jpg

JACOB ISAIAH GOFF

04/23/2011

Votes: 486

P760092_0300.jpg

ANGEL BRAVO

04/22/2011

Votes: 471

P759980_0300.jpg

FARREN RENE ROMERO

04/22/2011

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've never been a fan of such things, but at least there are photos with this. I've known people who have had a business nearly ruined because the owner's name was on the local DUI list....only it wasn't him, just a person with the same name.

Yeah that happens a lot - a tabloid newspaper here did something similar to that a few years ago as part of a "Stop the paedos" campaign. Posted mugshot photos of sex offenders along with their names and the area they lived in. Caused a number of vigilante attacks - people with similar names and appearances were targeted and a paediatrician had a brick thrown through their window.

One more reason why this guy is a media-whoring self promoter (and a crook)

Kind of like when the Sheriff of Nottingham posted Robin of the Hood's picture in town square.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Kind of like when the Sheriff of Nottingham posted Robin of the Hood's picture in town square.

Kind of like when the Sheriff of Nottingham invented the camera, the printing press and the mass media.

Kind of like when the Sheriff of Nottingham invented the camera, the printing press and the mass media.

Sheriff Joe invented the camera too?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"