^_^

How government regulations create more demand for government programs

42 posts in this topic

In the UK,

In the last 250 years, the UK has gone from running the world to being isolated on their own little island(s). The US, on the other hand, has done the exact opposite.

Very successful government, I'd say.

Many NPOs

Do NPOs benefit from, say, government restrictions? (How about government exemptions?)

Or the health insurance industry

Without government regulation, where would they be?

What liberties? To see rivers catching on fire? To have oil float in the Gulf of Mexico destroying businesses along it's coastline? Those liberties? ** them.

The liberties for private industry to do what they do without the government giving them guidelines.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
The liberties for private industry to do what they do without the government giving them guidelines.

You live in Ohio, yes? Remember what these liberties resulted in? The fcuking Cuyahoga River was on fire.

1181225488_0780.jpg

Woburn, MA? PG&E in California?

That's what happens when private industry is left to it's own devices and doesn't hacve effective rules and oversight. People fcuking die.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

That's what happens when private industry is left to it's own devices and doesn't hacve effective rules and oversight. People fcuking die.

Private industry doesn't get that way UNTIL government intervenes.

Look back at the railroads and westward expansion. Coal mines with no child labor laws, etc.

None of those companies would've made it without government allowing them "other" privileges such as denying their competition the right to participate or regulating them out of existence.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

You live in Ohio, yes? Remember what these liberties resulted in? The fcuking Cuyahoga River was on fire.

1181225488_0780.jpg

Woburn, MA? PG&E in California?

so you're now against burying nuclear waste in kansas? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
Private industry doesn't get that way UNTIL government intervenes.

Huh? Come again? I think our rivers tend not to catch on fire anymore because we have since learned that you cannot count on businesses to be responsible enough not to pollute our land to where it revolts. Clean water regulations are what keeps our rivers from going aflame not private industry.

so you're now against burying nuclear waste in kansas? :hehe:

Only if we get to frack the hell out of it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's what happens when private industry Government is left to it's own devices and doesn't hacve effective rules and oversight. People fcuking die.

fixed.

nazi-state.jpg

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In the last 250 years, the UK has gone from running the world to being isolated on their own little island(s). The US, on the other hand, has done the exact opposite.

Very successful government, I'd say.

Do NPOs benefit from, say, government restrictions? (How about government exemptions?)

Without government regulation, where would they be?

UK history and politics in under 40 words. Brilliant Slim, such an insightful analysis. Don't let anyone ever (ever) tell you that you're full of sh!t. Because you totally aren't.

Timeline

Bravo Paul, yet another Nazi reference. So compelling and not a hint of hyperbole

the point is, you need a fair balance on all sides. Regulations are necessary, but not over burdensome. Government needs to be kept in check as well and at a level where we do not have career politicians controlling our lives with them in office for 30+ years (*cough* John McCain).

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

There's no point Paul, invoking the Nazis in this context is stupid. It makes you look ridiculous.

That's because you trust too much in government and feel you have control over it.

Remember that the next time your government does something you don't like and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!