John Dyer

NVC Lost Documents

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone else run into an issue with NVC and losing their affidavit of support? I have proof from the USPS that it was accepted at the NVC, picture of the stamp they use to accept. The NVC's first response was that they can't look into it. I finally got a supervisor and made it very clear to him that I was past the 20 days, have proof that it was delivered and he said he would look into it. Now another 20 days because of their fault.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Has anyone else run into an issue with NVC and losing their affidavit of support? I have proof from the USPS that it was accepted at the NVC, picture of the stamp they use to accept. The NVC's first response was that they can't look into it. I finally got a supervisor and made it very clear to him that I was past the 20 days, have proof that it was delivered and he said he would look into it. Now another 20 days because of their fault.

Sounds like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.. I thought when it got to NVC the process got easier..

You have a copy of the I-864 you submitted? Copies of tax transcripts/returns? Scan into PDF format (along with the USPS delivery confirmation), email NVCINQUIRY@state.gov, include your case # in the subject line and both petitioner's and beneficiary's full name & date of birth in the email. Write a little note stating the timeline and what you are attaching. Yes, another 20 days (usually less) for them to review the email, and they could always ask for another original (even if they lost it), but it might work!

12 Nov 10: Married :)

USCIS - California Service Center

18 Nov 10: I-130 mailed

01 Dec 10: NOA 1 (text message & email)

06 Dec 10: NOA 1 (paper copy)

06 Dec 10: Called for service request to expedite - military deployment(s) of petitioner

09 Dec 10: Received USCIS phone call request for additional info

18 Dec 10: NOA 2 received dated 10 Dec 10 (paper copy - no email/website status update)

NVC

16 Dec 10: NVC received package

20 Dec 10: Called NVC for NVC case #, IIN & update email addresses

22 Dec 10: Received email with AOS/IV invoice

27 Dec 10: AOS/IV fees show as PAID

01 Feb 11: Mailed NVC AOS and IV package

09 Feb 11: NVC received AOS and IV package

16 Feb 11: RFE for military records of beneficiary

25 Feb 11: Emailed NVC with expedite request and RFE records

02 Mar 11: Email receipt of expedite request received

07 Mar 11: Email receipt of RFE documents received and under review

15 Mar 11: Called NVC, spoke to very nice operator. Told expedite request not logged in system. Re-emailed expedite request. Called congressman.

19 Mar 11: Sign in failed

21 Mar 11: NVC case complete

US Embassy - London

08 Feb 11: Medical complete at Knightsbridge

24 Mar 11: DHL package delivered

04 Apr 11: Embassy mailed instructions, rec'd 08 Apr 11

20 Apr 11: Interview - approved!

26 Apr 11: Courier package arrived

25 May 11: POE :)

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I just received the same information from my attorney. As of this writing, August 12, 2011 they supposedly are coming back with a review this week. My other applicant [ stepson, a minor ] had the exact same information recently processed and accepted. So yes - they are indeed misplacing cases and forms in PDF / email format at times. [ I also sent everything in certified, physically printed out ].

Same thing happened to my case. The NVC sent the AOS Fee Bill and IV Fee Bill by email to my husband's attorney but the attorney said that he hadn't received any emails from them and asked us to wait. After 3 weeks, the NVS resent the email with attachement of instructions to our attorney and put my husband in cc. When I checked, I found out that NVC did a typo on the attorney's email address. SO we wasted 3 weeks already just to wait for the fee bills to pay...(sigh...) It's been almost 9 months since we filed for the petition and we still live apart.

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.