Erik And Anum

Change of address during K1 processing

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone

I am about to submit my K1 packet to the USCIS this Tuesday for my fiance in Pakistan. She has just informed me that she may be moving within the next few months her and her parents are still looking for a house. If she were to move and I were to inform USCIS of her move would that delay our application? Thanks in advance for the help

Hello everyone

I am about to submit my K1 packet to the USCIS this Tuesday for my fiance in Pakistan. She has just informed me that she may be moving within the next few months her and her parents are still looking for a house. If she were to move and I were to inform USCIS of her move would that delay our application? Thanks in advance for the help

It wouldn't delay your application but I question the reliability of USCIS to do it. There have been posts here where the case still went to the emabassy with the wrong address. So the embassy sent the packet to the wrong address.

If you can, I would suggest use the address of one of her relatives, grandparents etc. Once it gets to the embassy you can later inform them that her address has changed, like on the DS forms.

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

It wouldn't delay your application but I question the reliability of USCIS to do it. There have been posts here where the case still went to the emabassy with the wrong address. So the embassy sent the packet to the wrong address.

If you can, I would suggest use the address of one of her relatives, grandparents etc. Once it gets to the embassy you can later inform them that her address has changed, like on the DS forms.

Good luck!

Thanks for your prompt response. I didn`t know that it was possible to put down a different address other than where she lives. I`ve always thought that the officer would do a investigation as to whether she truly lives in that address or not. I guess its paranoia lol if you don`t mind me asking what exactly are the DS forms? Also what do u mean "Once it gets to the embassy" are you talking about the packet?

Thanks for your prompt response. I didn`t know that it was possible to put down a different address other than where she lives. I`ve always thought that the officer would do a investigation as to whether she truly lives in that address or not. I guess its paranoia lol if you don`t mind me asking what exactly are the DS forms? Also what do u mean "Once it gets to the embassy" are you talking about the packet?

Any investigation of her would come at the embassy stage. You can list all her addresses on her G-325A but you can list this new address also. If they really check up on her at that level, which I somehow doubt, they will have to check all her addresses.

In any case, if she ever needs it, she has a valid reason why she used this new address, you just explained it.

Right I'm talking about the packet she will recieve:

The DS (Department Of State Forms) are found here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

You can check your embassy website, I think, to see which forms they require. Those are mostly what her packet from the embassy will tell her to fill out.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

Any investigation of her would come at the embassy stage. You can list all her addresses on her G-325A but you can list this new address also. If they really check up on her at that level, which I somehow doubt, they will have to check all her addresses.

In any case, if she ever needs it, she has a valid reason why she used this new address, you just explained it.

Right I'm talking about the packet she will recieve:

The DS (Department Of State Forms) are found here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_1342.html

You can check your embassy website, I think, to see which forms they require. Those are mostly what her packet from the embassy will tell her to fill out.

Thanks again I`ll go ahead and list out her best friend`s address as she proves to be the most reliable. So I assume that all of the forms from the embassy as well as the NOA2 will be sent to her friend`s address that I list on the K1/G325-A applications instead of her previous address correct? I wouldn`t want the packets to be sent to her previous address. Sorry for all the questions its my first time being involved with immigration paperwork. As far as the DS form I didn`t know about this when will we need to fill out the DS forms?

Edited by Djstorm

Thanks again I`ll go ahead and list out her best friend`s address as she proves to be the most reliable. So I assume that all of the forms from the embassy as well as the NOA2 will be sent to her friend`s address that I list on the K1/G325-A applications instead of her previous address correct? I wouldn`t want the packets to be sent to different addresses. Sorry for all the questions its my first time being involved with immigration paperwork. As far as the DS form I didn`t know about this thanks for the information.

The address needs to be changed 2 places, on the I-129F and add it to her G325A.

1. If you want to list her friends address do it on both the I-129F and the G325A. I would think they would send to the one listed on the I-129F.

2. On the G-325A they ask for where she lived for the last 5 years. You can put her previous address in a date range that just ended and the for the present period list her friends address. You can think of it as a temporary transition address.

The embassy will only send her one informational packet and it may not even contain the forms but just telling which forms to fill out.

You should snd her a full copy of the I-129F petion that you send to USCIS. You should also send her all the originals of evidence, receipts, barding passes, bag claim tickets, pictures if she doesn't have them etc.

In addition you should send her the I-134 Affidavit of support. Also when it comes closer to her interview she will need to get police reports from all places she lived for over 6 months since age 16, birth certificate, divorce certificate ( if any ), etc... all for her interview.

P.S. The DS forms need to be sent to the embassy to get her interview, or some sequence like that, all embassies have slightly different rules. But the embassy informs her they are ready for the DS forms by sending her the packet.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, we have our NOA 2 recently and NVC is still processing our packet. My address was change because we needed to move to another house. How does it work? Who to contact or inform?

Thanks

Hi, we have our NOA 2 recently and NVC is still processing our packet. My address was change because we needed to move to another house. How does it work? Who to contact or inform?

Thanks

When NVC assigned a case number, you can call NVC to change address. That is what I did.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Are we talking about a change of "RESIDENCY" address vs "MAILING" address? :blink:

In my case (I'm the alien fiance), I have provided my office address as "mailing address"on the i-129f form.

BUT I will be moving to a new "residency" apartment in a few weeks.

=> So is it necessary to report a change of "residency" address to the USCIS (even if my mailing address remains the same)?

Thanks in advance for your enlightenment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.