Paul's Mrs.

Request for Evidence

8 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I received a letter requiring a Request for Evidence which they said was included in the second page. The second page is below. I have already sent a whole package in with everything listed below. I am not sure what to do and am freaking out now. Could it be a mistake?

Help!

Amber

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

* All foreign language documents must be submitted with complete word-for-word English translations. The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate, and that he or she is competent to translate. Do not submit the English translation without the foreign language docwnent.

Failure to respond to this request may result in the termination of conditional residence status and subsequent removal proceedings. Please submit the following evidence using the attached Form 1-797 (blue sheet) with the response.

IDENTITY DOCUMENT: Submit legible copies of the conditional permanent resident and petitioning spouse'sdriver~ 1tcenses antr-or"identity cards from the-apt'F0pri-ate-state's-motor ¥ehiGle M ¥'lTtment,----EVIDENCE

OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE: To establish eligibility for removal of conditional status, it is requested that additional documentation be submitted to establish a good faith marriage that covers the period of time from the date of the marriage to the present date. Such examples may include, but are not limited to the following:

Birth Certificate: Submit a legible copy of the civilly registered birth certificate for any child(ren) born to the conditional permanent resident and the U.S. citizen spouse.

Financial Records: Submit evidence of joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities. This documentation should reflect the names of both the conditional permanent resident and the U.S. citizen spouse. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

Copies of mortgage agreen1ents or deeds showing joint ownership of assets or property or joint

tenancy of a common residence.

Copies of insurance polices such as life insurance, medical insurance, etc.

Copies of credit card statements.

Copies of loan documents such as car loans, home improvement loans, business loans, etc.

Any other documentation which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to circumvent

U.S. immigration laws.

Residence: Submit evidence of communal residence. This documentation should reflect the names of both the conditional permanent resident and their U.S. citizen spouse. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

Copies of mortgage agreements, deeds, or rentalleasesl agreements showing joint tenancy at a

common residence signed by the conditional resident, the U.S. spouse and the owner(s) of the

property (or the property manager) .

Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, Internet, etc. or other statements issued in both names indicating the residential address.

If applicable, submit copies of military Basis Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) form for housing and/ or

DD Fonn 1172 for dependent military dependent cards.

Any other documentation which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to circwnvent

U.S. immigration laws.

I-130 Sent : 2008-06-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-06-20

I-129F Sent : 2008-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-07-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-09-26

Touched - 2008-07-23

Touched - 2008-09-18

Touched - 2008-09-19

Emailed DS3230 - 10-08-08

Received AOS Package - 10-14-08

Paid AOS Bill - 10-15-08

Mailed hard copy DS3230 - 10-15-08

NVC Received DS3230 - 10-20-08

Paid IV Bill - 10-23-08

IV Bill Paid - 10-24-08

Mailed IV Package - 10-23-08

Received DS-230 at NVC - 10-24-08

CASE COMPLETE - 11-5-08

Interview - 1-13-09

Visa in Hand - 1-20-09

POE - LAX - 1-22-09 Woohoo!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I received a letter requiring a Request for Evidence which they said was included in the second page. The second page is below. I have already sent a whole package in with everything listed below. I am not sure what to do and am freaking out now. Could it be a mistake?

Help!

Amber

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

* All foreign language documents must be submitted with complete word-for-word English translations. The translator must certify that the translation is complete and accurate, and that he or she is competent to translate. Do not submit the English translation without the foreign language docwnent.

Failure to respond to this request may result in the termination of conditional residence status and subsequent removal proceedings. Please submit the following evidence using the attached Form 1-797 (blue sheet) with the response.

IDENTITY DOCUMENT: Submit legible copies of the conditional permanent resident and petitioning spouse'sdriver~ 1tcenses antr-or"identity cards from the-apt'F0pri-ate-state's-motor ¥ehiGle M ¥'lTtment,----EVIDENCE

OF GOOD FAITH MARRIAGE: To establish eligibility for removal of conditional status, it is requested that additional documentation be submitted to establish a good faith marriage that covers the period of time from the date of the marriage to the present date. Such examples may include, but are not limited to the following:

Birth Certificate: Submit a legible copy of the civilly registered birth certificate for any child(ren) born to the conditional permanent resident and the U.S. citizen spouse.

Financial Records: Submit evidence of joint ownership of assets and joint responsibility for liabilities. This documentation should reflect the names of both the conditional permanent resident and the U.S. citizen spouse. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

Copies of mortgage agreen1ents or deeds showing joint ownership of assets or property or joint

Copies of loan documents such as car loans, home improvement loans, business loans, etc.

Any other documentation which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to circumvent

U.S. immigration laws.

Residence: Submit evidence of communal residence. This documentation should reflect the names of both the conditional permanent resident and their U.S. citizen spouse. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

Copies of mortgage agreements, deeds, or rentalleasesl agreements showing joint tenancy at a

common residence signed by the conditional resident, the U.S. spouse and the owner(s) of the

Copies of utility bills such as telephone, gas, electric, water, cable, Internet, etc. or other statements issued in both names indicating the residential address.

If applicable, submit copies of military Basis Allowance for Quarters (BAQ) form for housing and/ or

Any other documentation which shows that the marriage was not entered into in order to circwnvent

U.S. immigration laws.

It seems they may have lost your complete package which can happen and if so I am so sorry this has happened to you. You will need to send all this off again and hope they get it this time. Make sure you get a tracking number so you know it is delivered.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I've seen people post this on the forum before so it happens from time to time. I recommend you do as Paul's Mrs. said and resend everything. Good Luck :thumbs:

create_maleScene.jpg

USCIS *CR-1 Visa*

2008-07-26 : I-130 Sent

2009-04-02 : Interview at Embassy in Lima, Peru Approved

2009-04-08 : POE Atlanta (256 days from sending I-130)

USCIS *Removal of Conditions*

2011-02-28 : Mailed I-751

2011-03-02 : USPS Delivery Confirmation

2011-03-10 : Check Cashed

2011-03-11 : Touched

2011-03-25 : USCIS confirmed they did not mail NOA 1, given case number

2011-04-05 : Infopass appointment passport stamped with I-551

2011-04-19 : Walk in Biometrics completed (2 weeks early)

2011-05-03 : Biometrics appointment (3 year anniversary)

2011-08-25 : Approved

2011-08-31 : Card in hand (184 days after sending I-751)

*Application for Naturalization*

2012-03-24 : Mailed N-400

2012-03-26 : NOA1

2012-03-29 : Check Cashed

2012-05-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2012-06-04 : Interview Letter

2012-07-09 : Interview in Raleigh, NC (Passed)

2012-07-20 : Oath Ceremony (119 days after sending N-400)

[/center]

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I am on the same boat. I just received letter to request for evidence. I have no idea what to send now.

U.S. immigration laws.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Help!

Amber

REQUEST FOR EVIDENCE

U.S. immigration laws.

U.S. immigration laws.

Send it again. Add anything else you can think of. Go heavy on evidence generated by £rd parties" and official documents, policies, accounts etc. showing joint financial interests and liability.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Also, if you haven't done it already, make sure your evidence spans the two years since AOS. It looks like some people get RFEs because they only submitted one or two utility bills or just the front page of a bank statement. If you've done all that, I guess all you can do is resubmit your package. At least they're looking at your application. A lot of people get approved right after they respond to an RFE.

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Also, if you haven't done it already, make sure your evidence spans the two years since AOS. It looks like some people get RFEs because they only submitted one or two utility bills or just the front page of a bank statement. If you've done all that, I guess all you can do is resubmit your package. At least they're looking at your application. A lot of people get approved right after they respond to an RFE.

Gypsyangel, I am sure you'll be next. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.