mary_motalib

I-130 approved befor I-129f

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Our I-130 was approved before the I-129f, if the I-129f is approved soon, will we still be able to follow that route if it reaches the embassy first? I thought i read somewhere that a couple of people said they were told they wouldnt be able to. Also, for anyone going through Casa, what is the affidavit of support for I-129f? Are you allowed to have a co-sponsor?

Thank you

IR1-CR1 Visa (I-130)

03-19-06 sent

03-30-06 NOA 1

04-06-06 *touched*

07-14-06 *touched*

08-02-06 *RFE*

08-07-06 *touched*

08-08-06 *touched*

08-16-06 Mailed RFE for marriage certificate of foreign language

08-23-06 Received RFE

08-24-06 APPROVED.... FINALLY...YES

09-01-06 Recieved Approval through USPS

K-3 Visa (I-129f)

05-18-06 sent

05-24-06 NOA1

05-27-06 *touched*

06-03-06 *touched*

07-03-06 *touched* *RFE*

08-02-06 Mailed RFE

08-04-06 RFE Recieved

08-17-06 *touched*

08-24-06 Another RFE sent. How much longer now, what else could they possibly need this thime

08-31-06 Recieved RFE was mailed to old address even though new one was updated in the computer

09-01-06 Mailed RFE

09-07-06 Recieved RFE

09-09-06 *touched* come on already and approved it...lol

09-12-06 APPROVED....YEAH!

09-13-06 *touched*

11-02-06 Interview date

N.V.C. I-130

09-07-06 Case recieve at NVC sent out first packet

N.V.C. I-129f

09-19-06 Case recieved at N.V.C. and assigned a case. Said embassy will recieve in 2-4 weeks as soon as security checks clear.

09-21-06 Case sent to Casablanca

6/22/06 - 7-26-06 I leave to Morocco to see my wonderful husband again. I cant wait I'm so excited.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My I-130 was approved on 8/10 and our I-129 was approved on 8/23. The I-129 package reached the embassy yesterday. I still have received nothing more reguarding my I-130. From looking at timelines I assume another 2-3 months befor the I-130 interview. I hope yours will be the same (ie I-129 approval soon and quickly sent to the embassy for interview). I did ask the same question to the embassy here in costa rica about I-130 approval befor I-129 and they told me that which ever one gets there first is the one that they will go with. If the I-130 gets there befor the I-129. The I-130 will nullify the I-129. Hope this helps and good luck.

Chris

mary

The NVC process once they receive the approved I-130 will take 2-3 months on average. This can vary somewhat depending on if one uses NVC Timesavers and/or James Shortcuts, the time it takes for them to review everyone once they have all the forms/documents they requested, and on any background/security checks. Once the case is complete at NVC it is forwarded to the consulate. Once you have case complete, keep in mind that the NVC process is the actual process for the application of the CR-1 visa, the consulate will not then accept an application for a lesser visa such as the K-3. Just having an approved I-130 does not affect the application or interview for a K-3 visa, but the application for an immigrant visa (DS-230) at NVC and the subsequent completion of your case and forwarding to consulate does.

You do have to make a decision at some point as to which path you wish to take. If you wish to adjust status in the US from the K-3, you should request that NVC return the approved I-130 to USCIS (you will forfiet any fees payed). If you wish to enter the US on the K-3 and return to do the CR-1 interview so you do not have to go through the adjustment of status process, you would continue the NVC process with the approved I-130.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.