DavidandIrina

How much money do I need...

224 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Women don't have to, unless you look in the MENA forum.

Men can go abroad and get a ten as a five.

This is not one of your better posts eekee. American women do not "have to" unless you look at the MENA forum? There is something wrong with those women? The "have to" get MENA men?

And as far as us getting a 10 instead of a 5...isn't that what we have been saying all along?

Even ONA said if we do not want to marry a goat we should not look for wives in the vegatable garden.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

there are decent men, but if you don't get one when he's young it's going to become harder and harder.

Did you not read what I said? Decent guys from Russia do not go on dating websites to find love.

And now try to count how many websites promise you a "beautiful RUB wife" (those websites freak me out though... looks like women are on sale there...)

American girls seem to like RUB guys though. When I was working in Annapolis in 2008 there were a lot of Ukrainian male lifeguards and American girls tried to hit on them all the time. I've never seen them going on dates though, and they were saying all the time that they had girlfriends back in Ukraine, so they weren't interested.

At the same time, I remember some RUB girls, who had their boyfriends back in their homecountries, but they didn't see any reason why they couldn't date American guys :wacko: I can't stand this kind of girls, cause that's exactly why people get the wrong idea about RUB girls.

If it is true, then it is not the "wrong idea". It is an idea you do not like...but it is not wrong. American girls will hit on anything different. Pasha was instantly the most popular boy in his school with the girls and has 20-40 girls texting him constantly. They are as bubble brained as you can possibly imagine. Impressive.

No one said there are no "decent" men in the FSU. But the FACT is that there are far less decent men than decent women. You do not have to like the facts, but it doesn't change them.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Depends on a guy, though, not on his nationality. If anybody says to me that American men are all "angels" and none of them would cheat on their wife or girlfriend, I will call that person a liar.

ONA, you really need to stop now.

I worked with hundreds of Ukrainian and FSU men from all over the FSU. I work with hundreds of American men from all over the US, Canada and occasionally foreign countries. The constant discussion among the men in Ukraine...constant, continuous, to the point of discussing nothing else ...was which girl they were going to be banging tonight after work. These were married men for the most part. Being married did not even slow down their catting around with other women. Yes, there were a few, very very few, "decent men" that were either not doing that, or at least did not talk about it.

Sure, it depends on the man. In Ukraine there are a whole lot more men...a much higher percentage of men...that think nothing of f*cking every girl they can...or getting drunk. That is almost never discussed here except by a few single guys. Even then very rare.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Well, there is certainly more acceptance of it in Russia. I've never had an American guy friend say to me that they had a fight with their girlfriend that day and therefore they are going to go to the bar and find some girl to go home with that night, which is a regular occurence among my guy friends. Obviously people cheat everywhere, but American culture tends to be more conservative in these matters.

Exactly.

It was considered perfectly acceptable for men in Ukraine, married men, to discuss the women they were banging last night, not go home to their families, get drunk and #### women they met at some club or bar...it was all great back slapping fun with detailed descriptions of the ....nm You do not see or hear that here at all.

Some of it may be BS but I assure you, most of it is not.

It is also accepted...even if not considered acceptable...that men will grab women by the @ss or breasts on the bus or subway, in the grocery store aisles or even take out their dicks and wave them around. Usually alcohol is involved. For me it was great fun and added texture :lol: Kind of like mass fights and throwing manhole covers. You just do not see that here. It is rather boring.

One of Alla's great disappointments is that men here do not "act normal" and look at her the way FSU men do. She says they always look like they will "run like rabbits" from an attractive woman. Men grabbing her @ss were considered "rude, but at least I know I am looking good" :lol:

We saw an obvioulsy drunk guy staggering down the street a couple weeks ago and he passed by and eyed Alla up and down (didn't say anything but had the "I want to #### you look") then he staggered off. It was St Patricks day. Alla said "First normal looking guy I have seen in Vermont" :lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

This is not one of your better posts eekee. American women do not "have to" unless you look at the MENA forum? There is something wrong with those women? The "have to" get MENA men?

And as far as us getting a 10 instead of a 5...isn't that what we have been saying all along?

Even ONA said if we do not want to marry a goat we should not look for wives in the vegatable garden.

Getting a man is not hard. Up until a certain age, women have the upper hand. Even in America. And I meant that a guy who is a five can get a ten, not that guys get a five in America and a ten in Russia/Phillipines/whatever. Even American guys my age who I personally would reject can get hot Russian girls because, well, blue passport.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If it is true, then it is not the "wrong idea". It is an idea you do not like...but it is not wrong.

It's WRONG to think that all RUB girls are like that.

ONA, you really need to stop now.

Why?

You do not have to like the facts, but it doesn't change them.

Right?

Men are men. And I believe the main reason why men in the States don't do some stuff is cause in that case they are going to be sued for sexual harassment. Here comes the point: sometimes men treat women the way women allow to treat them.

Still behaviour like "grabbing women's @sses" is in NO WAY acceptable. Even if a person says something unacceptable, for me he falls into the category that Russian people call "быдло/bydlo" (probably close equialent in English will be "white trash" the difference is though, that bydlo can actually have money and can even hold a degree) and I avoid being around those people. And that might be why my personal impressions differ from somebody else's personal impressions.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Exactly.

It was considered perfectly acceptable for men in Ukraine, married men, to discuss the women they were banging last night, not go home to their families, get drunk and #### women they met at some club or bar...it was all great back slapping fun with detailed descriptions of the ....nm You do not see or hear that here at all.

Some of it may be BS but I assure you, most of it is not.

It is also accepted...even if not considered acceptable...that men will grab women by the @ss or breasts on the bus or subway, in the grocery store aisles or even take out their dicks and wave them around. Usually alcohol is involved. For me it was great fun and added texture :lol: Kind of like mass fights and throwing manhole covers. You just do not see that here. It is rather boring.

One of Alla's great disappointments is that men here do not "act normal" and look at her the way FSU men do. She says they always look like they will "run like rabbits" from an attractive woman. Men grabbing her @ss were considered "rude, but at least I know I am looking good" :lol:

We saw an obvioulsy drunk guy staggering down the street a couple weeks ago and he passed by and eyed Alla up and down (didn't say anything but had the "I want to #### you look") then he staggered off. It was St Patricks day. Alla said "First normal looking guy I have seen in Vermont" :lol:

Geez!!!!! I thought there was something seriously wrong with me! :help: I always look at all the beautiful Ukrainian women walking in the streets of Simferopol, Odessa, Kiev, Yalta, Kharkov, Sevastopol....etc...I can't help but stare. One thing though, they always smiled at me because they knew I thought they were beautiful! :innocent: Now, I make sure I don't look in Russia, because my woman let me know right away that she didn't like that other women smiled at me. :devil: Got to love those Russian hotties!!! They love when you look at them, but they lay the law down when you are theirs! :bonk:

Getting a man is not hard. Up until a certain age, women have the upper hand. Even in America. And I meant that a guy who is a five can get a ten, not that guys get a five in America and a ten in Russia/Phillipines/whatever. Even American guys my age who I personally would reject can get hot Russian girls because, well, blue passport.

Ahhhhh.....It took me 8 years to find the one. Believe me when I tell you, no girls was chasing me for my passport. I might had liked that more. :whistle: But I am glad I have my Olya now. It was worth the journey! Let's see....29 times to the Ukraine and 7 times to Russia. :whistle::thumbs:

It's WRONG to think that all RUB girls are like that.

Why?

Right?

Men are men. And I believe the main reason why men in the States don't do some stuff is cause in that case they are going to be sued for sexual harassment. Here comes the point: sometimes men treat women the way women allow to treat them.

Still behaviour like "grabbing women's @sses" is in NO WAY acceptable. Even if a person says something unacceptable, for me he falls into the category that Russian people call "быдло/bydlo" (probably close equialent in English will be "white trash" the difference is though, that bydlo can actually have money and can even hold a degree) and I avoid being around those people. And that might be why my personal impressions differ from somebody else's personal impressions.

I would like to believe that my mother raised me the right way to respect women. Sure I have seen what many men across the world do to women, but it is wrong everywhere if women are being mistreated. I would not want a man to hurt my sister that way. Laws are good as a deterent, but it only stops those who have sense. The idiots who would mistreat women don't care about laws or consequences. All I am saying is all women should be respected and all men should be held accountable for their actions. I would like to think that I made a difference in Tver, Russia in 2005 when I helped a woman who was being hit by her drunk husband, but soon as I left her, she waited for him to beat her again. This is a really sad thing, but it can happen everywhere in the world, especially here in the States. Anyway, I think men should be good examples to their sons, so that their sons grow up to respect their mothers, sisters and other women.

Timeline

I would like to believe that my mother raised me the right way to respect women. Sure I have seen what many men across the world do to women, but it is wrong everywhere if women are being mistreated. I would not want a man to hurt my sister that way. Laws are good as a deterent, but it only stops those who have sense. The idiots who would mistreat women don't care about laws or consequences. All I am saying is all women should be respected and all men should be held accountable for their actions. I would like to think that I made a difference in Tver, Russia in 2005 when I helped a woman who was being hit by her drunk husband, but soon as I left her, she waited for him to beat her again. This is a really sad thing, but it can happen everywhere in the world, especially here in the States. Anyway, I think men should be good examples to their sons, so that their sons grow up to respect their mothers, sisters and other women.

I agree that a lot depends on the upbringing. And I totally agree that the situation you described could have happened anywhere. I also don't understand why some RUB women stay with their husbands, even though they beat them up.

All I'm trying to say that people shouldn't think that they are better than somebody else just cause they were born in a different country. If a 5-th grader had said it, I would've understood, but it's wrong when a grown-up man says that. There are good and bad people anywhere, there are wonderful husbands and fathers anywhere, just like there are beautiful and intelligent women anywhere.

Edited by ONA

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree that a lot depends on the upbringing. And I totally agree that the situation you described could have happened anywhere. I also don't understand why some RUB women stay with their husbands, even though they beat them up.

All I'm trying to say that people shouldn't think that they are better than somebody else just cause they were born in a different country. If a 5-th grader had said it, I would've understood, but it's wrong when a grown-up man says that. There are good and bad people anywhere, there are wonderful husbands and fathers anywhere, just like there are beautiful and intelligent women anywhere.

I don't think people are better or worse, but there are cultural differences which are very obvious. Are Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusian women under more pressure to look a certain way? Yes. You don't just go outside in your sweatpants with your FUPA hanging out, do you?

Is bad behavior from men absolutely more tolerated in RUB than in the USA? Yes again. Do Russian guys I know cheat more than their American counterparts. Yup. Are domestic violence, alcoholism, etc. far bigger problems? Yes.

This doesn't mean that all Russian women are beautiful, all American women are ugly, all Russian men are philandering, wife-beating alcoholics, and all American men are angels. But some things are just more common in one place than in another.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

but you live in vermont! :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

This doesn't mean that all Russian women are beautiful, all American women are ugly, all Russian men are philandering, wife-beating alcoholics, and all American men are angels. But some things are just more common in one place than in another.

I agree with that and that's actually all I wanted to hear.

I'm just tired of people making generalizations. It's the same thing as when you hear some ignorant RUB people (yes, we have ignorant people here too) say that "oh, we're so awesome and Americans are ugly, fat and stupid". That's when I would do my best to prove them wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.