Katiedog

K1 from Ukraine

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have applied for a K1 Visa for my fiance in Ukraine. I have followed the time lines on this forum and this website since the early summer when she and I began talking about doing this. Since then I found the Ukraine section of this forum and read the time lines of the most recent couples who have been approved either for an interview at the Embassy in Kyiv or have finished and been approved. It seems that once everything is approved and the Embassy interview is set by date, it is over 200 days in most all cases. Is this just the process or something unusual in Kyiv? Some people have over 300 days before the interview!

It is just the normal process for the most part, Kiev is fast compared to many consolates. The time changes as USCIS shifts people around to tackle different Visa's. :star:

Please fill in your time line! It helps everyone!

I-751 Vermont
Mailed 4/03/2012
Check Cashed 4/10/2012
Noa1 4/12/2012 receipt date 4/6/2012
Biometrics 4/19/2012 letter recieved
Biometrics 5/01/2012 done
Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic Toc, Tic toc..................................................

5/10/2013 Info pass for another year stamp

Tic Toc, Tic Toc.....................................

Second biometrics letter received 7/6/2013

Tic toc tic toc..........................................................................................

4/10/14 info pass for another year

Tic Toc, Tic toc

3/30/2015 info pass for another year stamp

9/10/2015 Notice for I-751 interview 9/22/2015 Our gov is so efficient just gotta love em in charge of health care!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone. I have applied for a K1 Visa for my fiance in Ukraine. I have followed the time lines on this forum and this website since the early summer when she and I began talking about doing this. Since then I found the Ukraine section of this forum and read the time lines of the most recent couples who have been approved either for an interview at the Embassy in Kyiv or have finished and been approved. It seems that once everything is approved and the Embassy interview is set by date, it is over 200 days in most all cases. Is this just the process or something unusual in Kyiv? Some people have over 300 days before the interview!

It's the process, nothing special. Everyone waits many months. You will too.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's the process, nothing special. Everyone waits many months. You will too.

Given that petitions are now taking about 180 days or so, it would seem that less than 220-230 days would be nigh on impossible, even though Ukraine is a "fast" consulate by comparison to others, they are small percentage of the equation.

I can never complain in these forums because I am considered to have had a VERY short timeline but it was STILL 180 days + from filing the petition until Alla arrived.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

It is a slow process, that we have all been through. Spend your time preparing for her arrival and it will go much faster. It is the waiting for some notification that is most frustrating but in the end all will be well. I've been married for over five years now and have never regretted it and the waiting seems like a distant memory.

Hang in there, remember this is hopefully for the rest of your life! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is a slow process, that we have all been through. Spend your time preparing for her arrival and it will go much faster. It is the waiting for some notification that is most frustrating but in the end all will be well. I've been married for over five years now and have never regretted it and the waiting seems like a distant memory.

Hang in there, remember this is hopefully for the rest of your life! :thumbs:

Even though I "only" had to wait 6 months, I remember thinking it was "too fast". There was SO much to do to prepare for her and the children and I was not ready (completely) As hard as I tried and as much as we had prepared, there was a LOT more to do when she got here.

I forgot about the waiting almost immediately.

I can also say it has been at the top of great things in my life and I never look back.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

This doesn't seem too far out of whack.

Even though I "only" had to wait 6 months, I remember thinking it was "too fast". There was SO much to do to prepare for her and the children and I was not ready (completely) As hard as I tried and as much as we had prepared, there was a LOT more to do when she got here.

I forgot about the waiting almost immediately.

I can also say it has been at the top of great things in my life and I never look back.

:thumbs:

I guess I am lucky I am able to travel and see my lady. we are at NVC now

For a number of reasons, I think traveling to spend time with your SO/spouse and family during the process is a great idea.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Looking on this process in hindsight, I can say that we never even think about the waiting period anymore. I know that being in my position is easy enough to say that, but try to think of it in those terms. The time you wait is minuscule compared to the time you'll be together. Patience is the key. Best of luck to you both!!

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

We actually extended ours. It's really no big deal after you've been married for a while and look back on those "good times" when you were single. Enjoy it while you can!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.