snooki703

Post-interview paranoia. Still no online/text/email updates

9 posts in this topic

Hi y'all,

As some of you know we got VERBALLY approved just last Friday at our AOS interview.

At the interview, we got a piece of paper titled "Notice to Conditional Permanent Resident" which says that I was granted permanent residency on April 1, 2011 and will expire on March 31, 2013. This paper has my A-Number and full name. It even says when the window for filing for removal of conditions is.

We still have NOT received any USCIS online updates on my I-485. No texts/email notices of approval or card production and I'm starting to get anxious. Could this mean that the IO forgot to report or process our approval?

Theoretically, if she did forget to report our approval to the USCIS card production center or her supervisor or whatever, what should we do? I doubt that the letter I got serves as a green card, but could I make an info-pass and get them to stamp my passport? I'm scared that the USCIS will turn their back on me and claim that they have no record of my approval or ignore the approval paper I was given at the interview and make me wait in limbo, as so many people seem to be in these days.

Does anyone have any stories about not having a text/email/online update after getting verbal approval but getting the GC/Welcome letter anyway? Or have you not had any online updates AND never received your GC.

USCIS has made me really paranoid.

Thanks for any help/replies

Nov. 5: Sent AOS Package

Nov 17: AOS received by USCIS

April 1: INTERVIEW DAY. Approved!!!!!!

Early June: Moved to New York City. The only relevant city in the world ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The interviewer doesn't process or fully approve your green card. They recommend it for approval and send it forward to be checked once more before final approval.

My green card when it arrived had a 3 day difference in the date from approval to the actual residency date. They put the date 3 days BEFORE my actual approval.

You will likely not hear anything for a couple of weeks. This is USCIS after all! :wacko:

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

The interviewer doesn't process or fully approve your green card. They recommend it for approval and send it forward to be checked once more before final approval.

My green card when it arrived had a 3 day difference in the date from approval to the actual residency date. They put the date 3 days BEFORE my actual approval.

You will likely not hear anything for a couple of weeks. This is USCIS after all! :wacko:

Well, whether it was "approved" or "recommended for approval" I'm concerned that I haven't gotten immediate case updates since most people tend to get email/text notifications of card production the same day of their interview.

Obviously, not everyone gets the email/text immediately for whatever reason (technical glitch,time lag from when io's supervisor actually approve, io delays pushing the order button) but I guess I just want reassurance that this is normal, since most people seem to report on their case timelines that they get an immediate online/email notification.

Also, does anyone know if I should make an info pass and try to get the stamp if the GC doesn't come in by two weeks?

Congratulations!!! :)

Don't worry about not getting any updates by text or e-mail, or even seeing a change online. You have a piece of paper that explains how and when you have to file for ROC and all - so don't be worried because you don't see anything online. It's what's literally in your hands that counts.

I can tell you from my own experience, and I bet there is other people here on VJ, anywhere, too, that can confirm what I also tell you.

Initially with submitting my AOS package I asked for e-mail updates. Didn't receive any until I signed up for case updates when I had my NOA1s in hand with receipt numbers to enter. And even then, when I received my invitation for biometrics, my status didn't change instantly. And finally, looking at my case numbers today, my wife's I-130 application is still under "initial review" since last October though she has received the approval notice by regular mail.

As far as not having received a welcome letter and card goes, after my interview I didn't receive a "verbal approval" but also was educated verbally about ROC process and even was told that I would have the right to do an infopass 30 days after the interview to inquire about my case status. So I say, sit back and relax and just look forward to the positive surprise in the mail within the next 2 weeks when you get two envelopes (at least I did) - one saying "welcome to the US" and one containing the green card.

Maxximus

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Dear Snooky703-when an IO approves you verbally and handles you an approval letter, that really means you are approved, there is no way around it. Trust the IO and don't stress over a text message/email just because other people got that and you didn't. Those are additional ways of confirming the approval, which in your case are not necessary. I would care more about getting my GC in the mail than getting a text message from USCIS.

Congrats on your approval!

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Thanks for your reassurance and support everyone!

At 5:59 pm today we got the magical "Card Production Ordered" email/text.

For anyone who gets an interview approval and doesnt see an online update right away - don't panic! It took a grand total of 5 days after the interview for us to get the email. As maxximus mentioned, the stupid email isn't anywhere near important as getting the GC itself so don't let USCIS's technological lags bring you down.

HAPPY. WEDNESDAY.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats snooki! ;)

SEP 07 2007 - Entered US w/ B2 Visa

NOV 29 2009 - Met my USC wife

OCT 14 2010 - Got married in San Diego

MAR 03 2011 - AOS package sent to USCIS

MAR 07 2011 - AOS package received by USCIS

MAR 29 2011 - Notice date for all forms

APR 01 2011 - NOA1 receipts arrived

APR 04 2011 - Biometrics appt letter arrived

APR 06 2011 - Biometrics walk-in successful

APR 29 2011 - Notice date for I-485 Initial Interview

MAY 04 2011 - Received Initial INTERVIEW LETTER!

MAY 13 2011 - Received EAD/AP card. Applied for SSN

MAY 19 2011 - Social Security card arrived

JUN 07 2011 - AOS INTERVIEW - Approved!!!!

JUN 10 2011 - Card production ordered!!

JUN 15 2011 - GREEN CARD Arrived!! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

There you go!congrats again!!!! :thumbs:

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.