17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

We sent the I-129F leaving some information out of the pack. Is there any point in sending the additional information to Texas or on to Vermont where the file is now.... or just wait for the RFE? We just want to do what is going to avoid any delays but wouldn't want to lose the additional supporting documents if it doesn't connect with our original I-129F application which they already have.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

ok thanks for your help ... we will wait for the RFE. (hopefully not too long)

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

ok thanks for your help ... we will wait for the RFE. (hopefully not too long)

What exactly did you leave out? Some people here have successfully sent things to their service center with a copy of NOA1, although you're not supposed to. If you left something out major, like G-325A or a copy of your birth certificate, I'd send it and see what happens. If it's something small, probably not a big deal. There's no guarantee what you send will be matched up with your petition anyway.

It's common to wait months before an RFE, since your petition isn't even looked at until it's time to be adjudicated. However, if you do get an RFE it will only add a few weeks to your timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We sent the I-129F leaving some information out of the pack. Is there any point in sending the additional information to Texas or on to Vermont where the file is now.... or just wait for the RFE? We just want to do what is going to avoid any delays but wouldn't want to lose the additional supporting documents if it doesn't connect with our original I-129F application which they already have.

It is highly unlikely it would get together with your petition unless there is an RFE.

You cannot lose anything because your send COPIES of originals (NEVER originals) and you can always make more copies of the originals which you keep and NEVER allow to leave your possession. Right?

The way to avoid delays is to send everything required the first time. IF what you left out is required and generates an RFE, your case will be delayed.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

We sent the I-129F, G-1145 E Notification Form

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

We sent the I-129F, G-1145 E Notification Form

Nothing else? :wacko: Did you send payment?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Nothing else? :wacko: Did you send payment?

Yes, we sent payment. Check has been cleared and we were told it had gone to Vermont.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Read this Checklist to determine what you left out and be gathering all you need before you hear from them http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide I assembled our's just as the list says and everything went well. Good Luck

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks, yes I have this list now..... so am working towards having copies of everything ready to go.

It is very thorough.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Also, I have a 20yr old daughter that turns 21 in August so I am concerned that the process doesn't take too long.

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks, yes I have this list now..... so am working towards having copies of everything ready to go.

It is very thorough.

Your Welcome, After you have all on the checklist make sure to do alot of reading in the guides and forums on here you will then know all about the process and be prepared for the next step. When you do have everything ready for uscis and they accept your papers NOA1 comes fast, It takes about 5-7 months To get your NOA2 then you will have about 2 -3 weeks at the NVC, they then transfer your case to your embassy where you have to submit more documents(packet3) and that can take about 1-3 months, then when you get an interview date you could be approved but put in administrative processing and that can be from 1-6 months. This process is by no means fast, and can be very stressful. I wish you much luck :)

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Yes, we sent payment. Check has been cleared and we were told it had gone to Vermont.

And you didn't send ANY copies of supporting documents? :o

If that is the case, then you will wait for many months and then get an RFE for everything you were supposed to send.

Alternatively, you could send a letter withdrawing the petition, gather everything you need and resend it. You will lose your fee but it may speed things up. Which is more important to you?

The other option is to NOW read the guides and gather everything you will need to answer the RFE

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Also, I have a 20yr old daughter that turns 21 in August so I am concerned that the process doesn't take too long.

Hate to tell you, but you are too late. You not only need to get the K-2 before she turns 21, you need to come to the US, get married AND file for AOS. Technically, she needs to have the AOS approved before she turns age 21, but if she FILES for it before then you would probably be OK. But given the current 5-7 months for a petition to be approved without RFEs and another 1-3 months after that for NVC/Consulate before the VISA is issued, you are way past time.

Given the current time frame and a surefire RFE I think it is questionable you will get your visa in 2011 at all.

Gary And Alla

Or do as KiwiBird did, and send in all the missing documents (copies, of course) along with your NOA1 and hope it gets matched up to your petition. It did for her, but there are no guarantees but I see no harm in trying. If it doesn't work, all you're out is the postal fee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.