xtreme

waiting for passport

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

how do we know if montreal got your passport through dhl.. the address that dhl send was 1155 rue ST-Alexandre,montreal ,quebec,H3B3Z1..its been a month and i havent receive my passport yet..getting frustrated

Timeline

Im taking a guess here but maybe by calling DOS . Im sure someone elses can tell you more :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

thnks for ur repsonse..please anyone can help me with this..i called dos..but nuthng yet

specifically - what did DOS say when you call? was your visa printed? this is important - to know what stage you are stuck at...

we waited a full month for orfee's visa to print and be sent to him. we had to get my senator involved to find out what was going on w/ montreal consulate.

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

thnks for ur repsonse..please anyone can help me with this..i called dos..but nuthng yet

I think the waiting time can vary depending in the consulate load. The waiting time to open the mail could be from 4 to 8 weeks. At this time, your passport could be in queue under a pile of mail waiting to be opened. Therefore; you can't find anything anywhere until they touch your mail.

I sent my passport in February 10th, and is not shown any information yet, I am still waiting. Some people that submitted theirs by the end of January got response at the beginning of March.

Just be patient, and you will get it when less expected.

Filed: Timeline

im comfused....is the OP wondering while its taking so long to recieve his visa from Montreal/DHL after being approved. if so...

Im in the same boat. my interview was last tuesday and im checking the website every hour of the day and still no status change. the lady at the front desk told me it should be leaving within 3 days. i pretty much have my life onhold for this visa...arrghhh

Timeline

hi, what is the status of this? its taking a long time for my visa to be given to DHL.

did you call dos and see if its been printed?

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

i tried this morning and i wasn't sure i it was the right number....by the time i got to someone she didn't seem to know what i was talkling about....

would you know the number which i can call.....im canadian but my fiance is US citizen and she is the one sponsoring me there.

1-202-663-1225

Press 1, then 0

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have employment base immigration interview on March 29th and got the "Welcome to USA" letter. Officer told me that you will get your passport in next 3-4 days. Next day I got email from same officer that my case has moved to necessary administrative processing and passport will not be delivered as mentioned at the time of interview (3-4 days).

I am Canadian Citizen from last 6 months but born in India. AP is a very random term that consulate for many reason. I have not option then waiting.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have employment base immigration interview on March 29th and got the "Welcome to USA" letter. Officer told me that you will get your passport in next 3-4 days. Next day I got email from same officer that my case has moved to necessary administrative processing and passport will not be delivered as mentioned at the time of interview (3-4 days).

I am Canadian Citizen from last 6 months but born in India. AP is a very random term that consulate for many reason. I have not option then waiting.

Thanks for the information. How was your interview?

Timeline

i haven't been notified for more AP or anything, i was told 3-4 days aswell but its now been 2 weeks exact and still no update on status.

Again try dos may give you a bit more info than you have

1-202-663-1225

Press 1, then 0

age.png

age.png

event.png

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.