landerson1

gettin things done beforehand ???

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Would it be a good idea to have my fiance who is in Scotland, go ahead and get his police reports and medical examinations done? We still have not recieved out NOA2 becaue VSC is running behind, but would it be okay to have him go ahead and get those things out the way so once we are approved and he gets packet 3 he will already have those things ?? Where would he even go for his medical examination, he lives in Glasgow,Scotland. What is all the medicals exams that he would need to get? Will doctors even do that before someone is approved? How many different police reports does he need? Im clueless, I just want to get a head start but i want to make sure we do it all correctly the first time.

event.png

Would it be a good idea to have my fiance who is in Scotland, go ahead and get his police reports and medical examinations done? We still have not recieved out NOA2 becaue VSC is running behind, but would it be okay to have him go ahead and get those things out the way so once we are approved and he gets packet 3 he will already have those things ?? Where would he even go for his medical examination, he lives in Glasgow,Scotland. What is all the medicals exams that he would need to get? Will doctors even do that before someone is approved? How many different police reports does he need? Im clueless, I just want to get a head start but i want to make sure we do it all correctly the first time.

I know here in Canada, the medical can't be done until the Packet 3/Packet 4 stage (which is after your NOA2). Not too sure about the other info. Best of luck though!!! >.<

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Police reports take time so i suggest getting those asap! He needs one for every country he lived in for over 6 months after the age of 16. Hope that helps.

October 28, 2010 Mailed I-129F

November 1, 2010 NOA1

February 11, 2011 Touched!

February 18, 2011 Touched again!

March 14, 2011 Touched yet again!

March 28, 2011 NOA2 :) 147 days email & text

April 01, 2011 NOA2 harcopy received

April 04, 2011 package received @ NVC (got NVC case number)

April 06, 2011 Package sent to US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 08, 2011 Package received at US Consulate in Vancouver, BC

April 15, 2011 received Package 3 via email

April 15, 2011 Returned Package 3 checklist, DS230, and 156K

April 18, 2011 Interview scheduled for May 5th, 2011

May 04, 2011 Medical @ Woking Clinic: passed

May 05, 2011 Interview @ US Consulate Vancouver: Approved!!

May 12, 2011 Visa received!

May 14, 2011 POE Calgary, then HOME to St. Louis!

May 19, 2011 Now Mr. and Mrs! :)

May 24, 2011 Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox

May 25, 2011 AOS rec'd per FEDEX

June 3, 2011 AOS rec'd per USCIS text, I-797 to follow

June 8, 2011 AOS & EAD NOA1 Rec'd hardcopy

June 9, 2011 Biometrics appointment ltr for 6/22 rec'd

June 22, 2011 Biometrics completed

July 22, 2011 AOS Transferred to CSC

July 28, 2011 EAD Approved

Sept. 20, 2011 RFE for medical

Oct. 4, 2011 Mailed RFE back USPS Priority Mail

Oct. 6, 2011 RFE received by USCIS

Oct. 24, 2011 Received "approved" update on USCIS Website :)

Oct. 28, 2011 Received "welcome letter" and "Green Card" on the same day!

One year exactly from filing I-129F to Green Card!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Typically the medical examination does not take place until you have Packet 3/4. Do you know which embassy in which your fiance(e) will have their interview? Basically what happens after you receive NOA2 is that the case is sent to the NVC (National Visa Center), who then sends the case to the appropriate embassy. The embassy takes charge from there, and they usually send the fiancee directly all instructions and application materials. They will also tell them which doctors to go to in order to complete the medical.

I-751 Removal of Conditions sent - 9/7/13

NOA1 received - 9/17/13

Biometrics appointment - 10/8/13

Removal of Conditions approved - 12/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi he cannot schedule medical until NOA2 has been logged with the NVC who will then give him and LND number which stands for London who will do the interview at the Embassy which is located at Grosvenor Square, London. As soon has he has his LND number he can schedule a medical appointment with the Knightsbridge GP,who is located not far from the Embassy they are the only assigned GP to the Embassy their number is 020 7486 722, he will need a copy of his police report and also his innoculation records although these are not necessary for the medical but better to be up to date with these as he will need them for AOS and it can be costly in the US. His GP will usually do them for free he will need to be up to date with his MMR shot and also Tdap.

So basically you do have to wait until NOA2. Hope this helps and good luck.

P.S you do not have to wait until packet 3 is sent to book medical just have to have LND case number.

Edited by Sapphire1965

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yes! Get everything ready that you can get ready!

Your fiance will have to make the trip to London for the medical which is a bummer from Scotland! I took the megabus down and back in the same day just to get it done as I had my NOA2 and case number. It's a pain but I wanted to have everything ready as soon as I could too.

http://www.knightsbridge-doctors.com/index.htm

while you wait for your NOA2, you should get him to go to his local GP and dig up his past vaccination history also and, as the previous poster said, get all necessary vaccinations in the UK before leaving!

The police checks can take a couple of weeks to come back: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

Good luck!

Edited by Helen Louise Pile

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

Timeline

My fiance is from Glasgow too and he is medical is scheduled for next week, so we're just a little ahead of you! One thing you can also be doing right now is to get your I-134 and all supporting documents gathered together and sent over to him. That way, as soon as he gets his LND number (you can get this by calling NVC shortly after NOA2 is received) he can send in his Packet 3 contents. For London, Packet 4 is basically just a form telling them he has all the required documents and is ready for interview. Getting all this sent at the same time will save you a lot of time, if you're trying to speed up the process. You can see all the packet 3 forms here

Best of luck and also come and visit us over in the United Kingdom forum, there are lots of people there who are happy to provide London specific advice when you get to that point.

Andrea

Edited by Andrea&Mal

Timeline

Yes! Get everything ready that you can get ready!

Your fiance will have to make the trip to London for the medical which is a bummer from Scotland! I took the megabus down and back in the same day just to get it done as I had my NOA2 and case number. It's a pain but I wanted to have everything ready as soon as I could too.

http://www.knightsbridge-doctors.com/index.htm

while you wait for your NOA2, you should get him to go to his local GP and dig up his past vaccination history also and, as the previous poster said, get all necessary vaccinations in the UK before leaving!

The police checks can take a couple of weeks to come back: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

Good luck!

Okay, thanks for your information. He is working on his police reports now and ill be goin to my sherrifs department to get his police reports from the US becuase he lived here for a year under a J-1 visa. So, he can go ahead and get his vac history now, but what about his medical exam? Can he do it now or wait until we approved? Did you wait until you recieved your LPN from the embassy? I just wanna make sure Ive got all the right info, thanks x

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, I don't believe he needs to get any police records from the States because they do background checks on all the applicants. The police check he gets should be no older than a year by the time he brings it to the interview.

In many cases, the doctors who do examinations for visas require you to bring Packet 3 to the examination to confirm you are eligible. I'd say wait until you have that confirmed before you book the medical.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Timeline

My fiance is from Glasgow too and he is medical is scheduled for next week, so we're just a little ahead of you! One thing you can also be doing right now is to get your I-134 and all supporting documents gathered together and sent over to him. That way, as soon as he gets his LND number (you can get this by calling NVC shortly after NOA2 is received) he can send in his Packet 3 contents. For London, Packet 4 is basically just a form telling them he has all the required documents and is ready for interview. Getting all this sent at the same time will save you a lot of time, if you're trying to speed up the process. You can see all the packet 3 forms here

Best of luck and also come and visit us over in the United Kingdom forum, there are lots of people there who are happy to provide London specific advice when you get to that point.

Andrea

Hi Andrea, where can i find the united kingdom forum??? x

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Okay, thanks for your information. He is working on his police reports now and ill be goin to my sherrifs department to get his police reports from the US becuase he lived here for a year under a J-1 visa. So, he can go ahead and get his vac history now, but what about his medical exam? Can he do it now or wait until we approved? Did you wait until you recieved your LPN from the embassy? I just wanna make sure Ive got all the right info, thanks x

They ask for your case number at the medical. I would call Knightbridge and ask, they will know.

They also ask you if you have an appointment date yet. I did not at the time of my medical, which is fine. It sounds like you guys are on the right track. As a previous poster said, look at what you need to have for packet 3 and get as much of it ready as you can. As soon as I got NOA2 and packet3 everything happened quickly. I hope it is the same for you!

05-2010 I-129F application received by USCIS.

05-2010 NOA1 received.

07-2010 NOA2 received.

07-2010 Packet 3 received.

08-2010 Packet 3 returned.

09-2010 Medical in London.

10-2010 Interview at US Embassy in London: Approved.

10-2010 POE Newark, NJ.

11-2010 Married in Vermont.

03-2011 Notice of acceptance of AOS packet.

03-2011 Biometrics appointment in St Albans.

03-2010 Case transfered to California Service Centre.

04-2011 I-485 Approved.

event.png

You need to wait until you have your NOA2 for your medical. When you ring them, they will ask you for your case number, which you will then tell them.

They will also ask you if you have an interview date. We didn't, do my finace just said "not confirmed yet", and they were fine with that.

So:

1) Request police certificate now

2) Await issuing of NOA2 (call DOS regularly to find out when it was approved... the post takes FOREVER.)

3) As soon as you have your LND case number, ring Knightsbridge Doctors for your medical - you must have your police certificate for this

You can start by completing most of the medical questionnaire for your medical.

K1 Journey
11/2006...... met for the first time on a night out in London!
11/25/07..... I moved to the UK on a work visa to be with him 🙂
02/27/09..... he proposed!
08/30/10..... sent I-129F
09/02/10..... NOA1
01/27/11..... NOA2 (147 DAYS from NOA1)
03/22/11..... INTERVIEW! (201 DAYS from NOA1) - APPROVED! --> Read the review here!
03/25/11..... visa received!!!
06/09/11..... POE LAX!! --> Read the review here!

AOS Journey
07/22/11.... SSN received
08/27/11.... our wonderful wedding!!
09/23/11.... sent AOS package
09/25/11.... AOS package delivered in Chicago (7:33 p.m.)
10/10/11.... AP rejection letter, refiled 10/17
10/11/11.... NOA1 received via text & email (AOS + EAD only)
10/15/11.... hard copies of NOA1 for AOS + EAD received (dated 10/7)
10/17/11.... refiled AP
10/18/11.... successful biometrics walk-in, Santa Ana, CA (appt for 11/1)
10/20/11.... NOA1 for AP
12/12/11.... call in to USCIS. Told to call back after 12/26.
12/23/11.... I-765 approved

02/1/12...... Interview
02/02/12.... Approved!
02/10/12.... Hubby's GC in hand!

ROC Journey

12/09/13.... sent I-751 to CSC

12/10/13.... package delivered / NOA1

12/12/13.... cheque cashed

01/06/14.... biometrics

04/18/14.... approval letter dated (received 4/22)

Naturalization Journey

09/29/22.... filed N-400 online

09/30/22... NOA/biometrics reuse

01/23/23... interview scheduled for 02/28 

02/28/23... successful interview + oath ceremony in Santa Ana, CA! so proud! certificate of naturalization received! --> Read the review here!

Timeline

To get to the UK forum, click on 'forums' at the very top of the page to get to the main listing of all the forums. Then scroll waaaaaaay down to 'Regional Discussion' under the general discussion heading. here's a quick link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.