Hatem&Zeinab

Affidavit of support

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

The embassy sent Packet 3 to my fiancee.

Which form do we need to use for affidavit of support? Form I-864 or Form I-134?

How many tax years do I need to send them?

I-129F sent July 26 201

NOA1 date July 29-2010

RFE February

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Which form do we need to use for affidavit of support? Form I-864 or Form I-134?

Hello I dont have much experience with K1 as I am a CR1 filer, but I do know you will need the I-134 form. You can look on here under GUIDES... then click the K1 Guides and it will explain all you need to know! Best wishes to you! :thumbs:

Amber

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are going to take taxes from 2007 to present. Its better to be safe than sorry!

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Timeline

We did the K-1 and I used the I-134. Also, I only sent them the most recent (2010) tax return, along with my W-2 for the last 2-3 years, and 2 months worth of pay stubs. They accepted all of this and we didn't have any issues.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Timeline

I-134 is what you need and a letter dated this month that says intent to marry.

This is what my fiancee received on packet three to send back to US Embassy in Cairo

Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application in Duplicate this is sent with the packet three so she should have this paperwork original

An original Form DS-156K Non immigrant Fiance visa Application comes with packet three also she need to fill this in

The Supplement Form DS-157

All Questions on the form must be answered do not say No put NONE

A copy of the passport for each visa applicant

A copy of Birth Certificate ( need to be translated in English if it is in Arabic) my fiancee did this

A copy of your divorce certificate (if previously married and divorced If you have two wives please state (yes)(No)

A copy of the death certificate (Original copy. (if spouse is deceased)

Original police record for each person over 16 years old. Police certificateds are also required from all other countries where the applicant A copy of the military Service record.

FORM OF I-134 from the petitioner (means you) and proof of his income in the US. such as (copy of his most recent federal tax or pay stubs) or Proof of Beneficiary personal funds sufficient his/her dependent family members in the US

Photographs (for each person) facing camera with light background preferably white (five of this) two for the application and three for the medical

Unopened medical examp report form one of the physicians on the attach sheet (do not send the x-ray)

FEE $350 or the equivalent in local currency. (THE FEES WILL BE PAID ON THE DAY OF VISA INTERVIEW AT THE CONSULAR SECTION CASHIER

Please submit your application with all accompanying documents and attachments through DHL International Courier. DHL address attached.

If your document is complete you will received a letter within 6 weeks providing appointment date and time for your Non-immigrant visa interview.

REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL

Your fiancee need to call the Dr. listed on the packet three to make an appointment with them. They have Dr's in Alexandria approved the US embassy and in Cairo also so she need to call them for appointments

SHE need to bring her Passport and three passport size photographs for the MEDICAL and the CASE NUMBER which is written on the packet three cover letter that is all she need.

This is all current so have her follow the guideline. She have to apply for this in Egypt not you unless you do all the paperwork here in US and send it to her. But if you can help her it is probably better so she will know what is going on. We are doing the same thing talking to him via ym and helping him out fill in the paperwork. Good luck I hope this helps.

Edited by Dahlia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I-134 is what you need and a letter dated this month that says intent to marry.

This is what my fiancee received on packet three to send back to US Embassy in Cairo

Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application in Duplicate this is sent with the packet three so she should have this paperwork original

An original Form DS-156K Non immigrant Fiance visa Application comes with packet three also she need to fill this in

The Supplement Form DS-157

All Questions on the form must be answered do not say No put NONE

A copy of the passport for each visa applicant

A copy of Birth Certificate ( need to be translated in English if it is in Arabic) my fiancee did this

A copy of your divorce certificate (if previously married and divorced If you have two wives please state (yes)(No)

A copy of the death certificate (Original copy. (if spouse is deceased)

Original police record for each person over 16 years old. Police certificateds are also required from all other countries where the applicant A copy of the military Service record.

FORM OF I-134 from the petitioner (means you) and proof of his income in the US. such as (copy of his most recent federal tax or pay stubs) or Proof of Beneficiary personal funds sufficient his/her dependent family members in the US

Photographs (for each person) facing camera with light background preferably white (five of this) two for the application and three for the medical

Unopened medical examp report form one of the physicians on the attach sheet (do not send the x-ray)

FEE $350 or the equivalent in local currency. (THE FEES WILL BE PAID ON THE DAY OF VISA INTERVIEW AT THE CONSULAR SECTION CASHIER

Please submit your application with all accompanying documents and attachments through DHL International Courier. DHL address attached.

If your document is complete you will received a letter within 6 weeks providing appointment date and time for your Non-immigrant visa interview.

REQUIREMENTS FOR MEDICAL

Your fiancee need to call the Dr. listed on the packet three to make an appointment with them. They have Dr's in Alexandria approved the US embassy and in Cairo also so she need to call them for appointments

SHE need to bring her Passport and three passport size photographs for the MEDICAL and the CASE NUMBER which is written on the packet three cover letter that is all she need.

This is all current so have her follow the guideline. She have to apply for this in Egypt not you unless you do all the paperwork here in US and send it to her. But if you can help her it is probably better so she will know what is going on. We are doing the same thing talking to him via ym and helping him out fill in the paperwork. Good luck I hope this helps.

Dahlia, What about the $131 paid to the CIB for fee's? My understanding from folks on here is this reciept is needed for packet 3..Thanks

event.png

event.png

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Egypt&cty=Cairo

The payment for the $131 is also shown on the embassy information, incase you don't know about this you need to check this out. Good Luck

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Dahlia, What about the $131 paid to the CIB for fee's? My understanding from folks on here is this reciept is needed for packet 3..Thanks

The $131 was not mentioned just the $350. I am not sure what this $131 dollars no mention on packet three just the $350 for the interview. The medical did mention the prices to have it done.

Edited by Dahlia

Timeline

The $131 was not mentioned just the $350. I am not sure what this $131 dollars no mention on packet three just the $350 for the interview. The medical did mention the prices to have it done.

Ask about this to the members who have already mailed packet 3, My friend here was so nice to help me understand this. :)

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Can you help me with these $131. I am curious what this is for.

When my fiance received packet 3, the fee stated was only $131, however we had to pay an additional $220 at the embassy (which is $350) I'm guessing when the embassy sent packet 3 to my fiance they had not updated their form to reflect the new fee of $350, so I'm pretty certain thats all you need to pay.

Ask about this to the members who have already mailed packet 3, My friend here was so nice to help me understand this. :)

Kim, please see my other reply, when Mohamed got packet 3 I don't think it had the updated fees on it. So I'm sure if you guys just pay the $350 you should be fine.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Timeline

When my fiance received packet 3, the fee stated was only $131, however we had to pay an additional $220 at the embassy (which is $350) I'm guessing when the embassy sent packet 3 to my fiance they had not updated their form to reflect the new fee of $350, so I'm pretty certain thats all you need to pay.

Kim, please see my other reply, when Mohamed got packet 3 I don't think it had the updated fees on it. So I'm sure if you guys just pay the $350 you should be fine.

Hi Mandy, A girl on here told me when she sent packet 3 in January she didn't know to pay the $131 to the CIB, She received a call from the embassy asking why didn't you pay the fee? The lady at the embassy did tell her she could pay the whole amount $350 at the interview.She did go ahead to the CIB to pay that so she could get the receipt. In the Egypt Information it does mention the Receipt for the $131. Hany will do this but we are as lost as everyone else on some of the required items, but we're working on it. Thanks :) What month were these fee's raised? I guess they haven't updated the Egypt Information?

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I did research, the visa fee's were changed on June 4,2010 and the Egypt information was updated on July 31,2010. This happened to the girl in late December 2010 to early January 2011. So now this is really very confusing to me :wacko:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I did research, the visa fee's were changed on June 4,2010 and the Egypt information was updated on July 31,2010. This happened to the girl in late December 2010 to early January 2011. So now this is really very confusing to me :wacko:

I know of 2 people that got their visas last year over the summer and had to pay the extra fee at the embassy, thats how we knew about it, but we only paid what they emailed to us and then paid the balance at the embassy.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.